Trump is hurting the Republican Brand

Will Trump be looked at as a flash in the pan? A temporary sideshow before Republicans select their "real" candidate" or will he have a lasting impact on the party?

I think that a generation from now, when the post mortum on the Republican Party is written, Trump will be a prime culprit in.....Who killed the Republican Party?

Trump will ultimately fail. But he has shown the way for future Republicans in how to rally up the base, how to appeal to low information republicans, how to appeal to the bigots and haters

Future Republicans will not go Full Trump. They will tone in down, be more likeable, not as batshit crazy........but they will learn and the Republican Party will be forever changed

Nonsense.

The culprit is Ted Kennedy's 1965 Immigration Act which has, as designed, changed America to be receptive to the Left's policies, something they realized a long time ago they could not sell to the White Middle Class.

I am disappointed with your dishonesty on this RW.

The Republicans have run moderates, like McCain. They fail.

I note you don't say that the Republicans will WIN if they "tone down".

Because you know they won't.

You and yours will have successfully and permanently marginalized tens of millions of your fellow citizens who will never again have their interests or agendas represented in national policy and will have no legal or political recourse.

I hope you enjoy the tone of today's public debate, because these are the Good Old Days.

Teddy Kennedy is now responsible for Trump?

You asked who history would hold responsible for "Who killed the Republican Party?"

I gave you an answer.

Here it is again.

The culprit is Ted Kennedy's 1965 Immigration Act which has, as designed, changed America to be receptive to the Left's policies, something they realized a long time ago they could not sell to the White Middle Class.

I am disappointed with your dishonesty on this RW.

The Republicans have run moderates, like McCain. They fail.

I note you don't say that the Republicans will WIN if they "tone down".

Because you know they won't.

You and yours will have successfully and permanently marginalized tens of millions of your fellow citizens who will never again have their interests or agendas represented in national policy and will have no legal or political recourse.

I hope you enjoy the tone of today's public debate, because these are the Good Old Days.

Republicans win the White House?

I've already told you the next Republican President hasn't been born yet

And I have mostly agree, with the caveat that I think HIllary and Sanders are both bad enough that they might lose.

ANd now you asked who history would hold responsible and I have answered you.

YOur pretense of it being Trump, was silly.

It is bad enough that you libs have almost certainly permanently marginalized tens of millions of your fellow citizens, and are and will be gloating about it.

But telling those who you plan to oppress and discriminate against that it is their fault, is just asking for trouble.

YOu sure you want to play that mean?

It's going to be your world, you sure you want to f**k it up that bad right out of the gate?

Ah, but the poll also indicated most gopers don't think the Donald is hurting the brand. I'll probably vote Rubio, though I distrust his lack of experience, and I actually thing Hillary might be the best prepared for the job. Unfortunately, she would probably mean single payor, at least eventually.
Ah, but democrats elect presidents – it doesn't make any difference what republicans think of themselves, what matters is what weak democrats and independents think of the GOP brand, the candidates seeking the nomination, and the nominee himself.

And that is the key....

Candidates like Trump, Carson and Cruz create the Republicand Brand

That brand is a best seller in Red States, but selling more hate and fear in Red States only gets you votes you have already won
I don't know that Hill plays that well with independents, but if it's Trump for the gop, it probably won't matter.

Ah, but the poll also indicated most gopers don't think the Donald is hurting the brand. I'll probably vote Rubio, though I distrust his lack of experience, and I actually thing Hillary might be the best prepared for the job. Unfortunately, she would probably mean single payor, at least eventually.
Ah, but democrats elect presidents – it doesn't make any difference what republicans think of themselves, what matters is what weak democrats and independents think of the GOP brand, the candidates seeking the nomination, and the nominee himself.

And that is the key....

That brand is a best seller in Red States, but selling more hate and fear in Red States only gets you votes you have already won
I don't know that Hill plays that well with independents, but if it's Trump for the gop, it probably won't matter.

In my wildest dreams I can't imagine a day when an asshole like Trump will be able to garner more than 1/3 of the popular vote. The idea of him ending up with 270 electoral votes is preposterous.

And that is the key....

In my wildest dreams I can't imagine a day when an asshole like Trump will be able to garner more than 1/3 of the popular vote. The idea of him ending up with 270 electoral votes is preposterous.
Oh, I don't think the Donald can beat anyone .. perhaps not even Sanders. But, I think Rubio would win going away. I've come to think he has not shot, because the Donald is simply scaring the shite out of the base. Rational people need not apply. Cruz is actually sounding less crazy and more like a Weinberger/Powell pragmatist on ... war. He still has the tea party vote. Assuming he were the nominee, I think he could beat Hillary.

And that is the key....

Oh, I don't think the Donald can beat anyone .. perhaps not even Sanders. But, I think Rubio would win going away. I've come to think he has not shot, because the Donald is simply scaring the shite out of the base. Rational people need not apply. Cruz is actually sounding less crazy and more like a Weinberger/Powell pragmatist on ... war. He still has the tea party vote. Assuming he were the nominee, I think he could beat Hillary.
If Rubio could shed the Teatards, I think a young, dynamic Rubio with a vision for the future could beat an old and tired Hillary

Ah, but the poll also indicated most gopers don't think the Donald is hurting the brand. I'll probably vote Rubio, though I distrust his lack of experience, and I actually think Hillary might be the best prepared for the job. Unfortunately, she would probably mean single payer, at least eventually.

The Republican brand was damaged long before Trump came along. But what would be worse is having a Democrat running the country.

Both parties are a detriment to America. Believe it.

When Obama took control there were two hot wars blazing and young dead Americans were being sent home in a coffin every day. Unemployment was over 7% and the economy was bleeding over 700,000 jobs a month. Bush had just handed the banks $800 billion to prevent a depression. The stock market had fallen to below 9,000 on the DOW. The home mortgage situation was dire at best.

Now we've had about 68 consecutive months of job growth. Unemployment is 5.0%. Both wars have ended and over 100,000 young Americans have been taken out of harm's way....most are back in the U S. The stock market has doubled. The home mortgage fiasco is over and home prices are reasonable.

Look at the Bill Clinton years...took over a mess and in two terms with the Republican party trying to impeach him the whole time this country experienced eight years of one of the most productive eras in our history and he left a balanced budget with surpluses projected all the way to a paid off national debt when he left office....with a 65% approval rating I might add.

How is it that in your perception both parties are a detriment?
It's called hysteria.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

What will be the lasting impact of Trump on the Republican Party?

Will he be a one hit wonder destined for obscurity or will he set the stage for future Republicans to run as a glorified snake oil salesman?

Trump is revealing the Republican Brand. Its like the difference between Fry Bread and Donuts.

Forum List

Back