Trump invents a new country: Nambia (Capital city --> Covfefe?)

That speech was delivered before a coterie of African leaders. In it, Trump lavished praise on the health care system of Nambia during a speech at the United Nations. But there's one little problem -- there's no such country. Trump mentioned Nambia twice during the session attended by leaders of several nations, including Ghana, Namibia and Uganda.

Did he likely mean Namibia, Zambia or Gambia? Probably, but there's just no excuse for the American President to be so damn ignorant.
  • Just how half-assed must one be to read a prepared speech that cites a nation that doesn't exist?
  • How does a head of state not realize instantly and off the top of her/his head that s/he just "flubbed" the name of another nation and not simply correct it the instant one does it? Is that not what everyone does when they know what they're talking about and get tongue-tied on a word? ...That is if they're paying attention to what they're saying and mean it.
  • Did Trump consider the meeting anything more than "lip service?"
Seriously. Children demand more of the presidents of middle-school student governments.

Off Topic:
I heartily encourage anyone to visit Namibia. Super relaxing vacation.

Gee. By the reaction I'm seeing on places like Twitter, you'd think that a f*cking liberal made a misquote before. Just remember, libturds. When you point your finger at someone, three are pointing right back at you.

that is what is happening right now, the 3 fingers are pointing back at you, the republicans, who came down on Obama for his every blunder....

this is precisely why the Bible is trying to teach us all, to turn the other cheek... if not, then this pointing fingers goes on forever, and there will never be peace on earth, goodwill towards men....

He praised a country about their health system. YetHe has no clue about that country...does this guy do his homework before going up there?
I'm sorry but if you can see how stupid this guy, something is wrong with you too.

FYI: AIN'T a lefty and don't like Hillary.
He praised a country about their health system. Yet he has no clue about that country...does this guy do his homework before going up there?

Thank you!!!

Truly, there are several key things that the gaffe illustrates or suggests, and they really don't have much to do with any nation beyond the U.S:
  • It's one more piece of evidence that we cannot rely on even the most basic promises/assertions Trump makes.
    • Trump said he'll hire the best people. Among those people are speechwriters, ostensibly "the best" ones. Did they do their homework, or even just proofread the document? Or run "spellcheck?" That speech and the luncheon at which it was delivered didn't "sneak up on" anybody. It was not an impromptu event or speech.
  • That Trump twice in one read speech "mispronounced" Namibia, as is claimed, suggests the quality control process at the WH just isn't working.
  • Trump has numerous times boasted that he is smart. Once again we see he is not.
    • Do smart people flub the name of a nation, while talking to the head of state of that nation at an event one is hosting, and not notice it, not apologize, not correct themselves, or immediately do/say something other than leave it to folks back in Washington to "atone" for one's error?
    • Screw, smart in a "book smart" way. How about just smart enough to be courteous?
    • The gaffe repetition suggests Trump is/was not himself fully engaged in what he's doing. It seems as though someone just handed him a speech and he just stood up and read it. Mind you, there's no one right way to get a speech composed and delivered, but all the right ways involve doing at least one "dry run" of the thing and making sure the damn thing doesn't have misspellings, grammatical errors and other tripping points in it. That's just how smart people go about things that are important; they don't leave it to chance.
Let's be clear. The reason the error is noteworthy is because Trump made it and he made it after having made attestations such as those noted above and he made the mistake he did in the setting where he made it.
Remember when Obama said there were 57 states? I didn't see any liberals calling him on that one. Talk about DUMB.
I'm not going to be drawn into a tu quoque line of discourse/debate because there is no arguing in such cases. The tu quoque line of defense is fallacious from the start; thus there is no point in trying to counter-argue it. Doing so is to just enter the "rabbit hole," as it were.
I asked a question. I would appreciate an answer. Did any liberals give Obama grief because he didn't even know how many states there are? I think not. And yet, here you are. verbally castrating Trump for a minor mistake. You people are such hypocrites. Trump has done more for this country in less than a year than obama did in eight years, yet you hate Trump. Why is that?

He knows how many states there are you moron.

The "57 states" thing was a gaffe. There're no two ways about that.
  • Did he repeat it twice in the same speech?
  • Did he make the gafe as he delivered a speech he was reading?
  • Was he POTUS at the time?
  • Did Obama repeatedly make claims about being smart?
  • Was he speaking to his a room full of Democrats or a room full of foreign heads of state?
  • Even ignoring the "Nambia" gaffe, is one also to ignore some 200+ others made in the space of just two years (if that long), and many of which are flat out wrong on point of fact, not point of view, point of fact?
The above is but the tip of the iceberg of why the "Obama said there were 57 states" tu quoque rebuttal is too ridiculous to dignify with an attempt at a substantive response.
I'm not going to be drawn into a tu quoque line of discourse/debate because there is no arguing in such cases. The tu quoque line of defense is fallacious from the start; thus there is no point in trying to counter-argue it. Doing so is to just enter the "rabbit hole," as it were.
Context is "everything" and one who ignores it merely shows their own stupidity, if not also hypocrisy.
and here is where we micro-slice and dice a statement to fit out hate narrative so we can protect those we support doing the same damn thing.

when you have to give me a dissertation as to why something is different, it isn't really, is it? more like a car salesman trying to sell you something.

i'd love to see you just throw out a standard and hold it to all. not go "but this guy has..and that guy is..." so it fits your agenda.

He praised a country about their health system. YetHe has no clue about that country...does this guy do his homework before going up there?
I'm sorry but if you can see how stupid this guy, something is wrong with you too.

I would bet that his IQ is twice what yours is, judging by your posts. People make mistakes sometimes. It's no big deal.
No chance!!! English is my 5th language. And i never files for bankrupcy, I might be worth more than him....at least till he shows us his tax returns. Oh and I knew a lot about Namibia, because I didn't go to school here.

Bad news, you only have 4! Then again, your command of the language is better than most liberals.

That speech was delivered before a coterie of African leaders. In it, Trump lavished praise on the health care system of Nambia during a speech at the United Nations. But there's one little problem -- there's no such country. Trump mentioned Nambia twice during the session attended by leaders of several nations, including Ghana, Namibia and Uganda.

Did he likely mean Namibia, Zambia or Gambia? Probably, but there's just no excuse for the American President to be so damn ignorant.
  • Just how half-assed must one be to read a prepared speech that cites a nation that doesn't exist?
  • How does a head of state not realize instantly and off the top of her/his head that s/he just "flubbed" the name of another nation and not simply correct it the instant one does it? Is that not what everyone does when they know what they're talking about and get tongue-tied on a word? ...That is if they're paying attention to what they're saying and mean it.
Seriously. Children demand more of the presidents of middle-school student governments.

Off Topic:

seriously dude?

and i could go on and on with pelosi, watters, and likely each and every one of us at times. i will say gw bush likely had the most. he was a trip.

so i guess my point is, if this is a crime that needs to be called out, you're gonna have a busy weekend.

BTW, Have you ever seen Obama when his teleprompter goes out? Hilarious! He becomes a stuttering fool. I doubt that would happen to Trump.

posted that one before also. :) for some reason it just doesn't matter and "but look at" comes into play. then again, it's what i just did, too. :)

i just find it odd people will go out of their way to nitpick on who they hate and dig for fault like todd hoffman digs for gold on them yet, the "problem" they use against that person isn't an issue anywhere else.

just tells me all i need to know about how petty some people are. kinda a "here's your sign" thing i suppose.

trump would just start hacking up words and saying "believe me" until he got himself back on track. different version of the same thing.

Liberals have nothing of value to offer anyone. That's why they attack their opponents so viciously. It is an attempt to make the other person look so bad that voters fail to realize just how emotionally bankrupt and morally depraved they are.

my nephew is pretty liberal. never seen him attack anyone.
my next door neighbor from long ago, she was a fanatical liberal and she and i simply did not get along at all. one day a few friends came over and i opened the front door to let them in and they handed me some "liberal literature" and none of us really are. i gave them a funny look and they pointed to a lady walking away down my sidewalk saying she asked them to give that to me.

i looked her way and said "good, i was running low on things to piss on" and tossed them into the yard for the mowers to mulch in a few days. didn't know it was my neighbor at the time and she was inviting me over for some "liberal conversation". i drank a lot then that would have been fun. :)

people are people and i really don't like putting them into a stereotype. any time i've done that it just made it that much harder to understand the person.

I would bet that his IQ is twice what yours is, judging by your posts. People make mistakes sometimes. It's no big deal.
No chance!!! English is my 5th language. And i never files for bankrupcy, I might be worth more than him....at least till he shows us his tax returns. Oh and I knew a lot about Namibia, because I didn't go to school here.
Here's a little project for you. Compare how many successful businesses Trump has to the number that declared bankruptcy, and the reasons for those bankruptcies. You might learn something. I doubt that many businessmen could equal his record of acheivement.
Born rich stayed Rich. I admire people like Steve Jobs and others. And until Trump comes clean and we do the accounting, I don't think he is worth a positive number.

You admire dead people?

Imagine if Trump had said this, we'd be hearing it daily with lying left wing extrapolations.

10. "No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something." –making an off-hand joke during an appearance on "The Tonight Show", March 19, 2009 (Obama later called the head of the Special Olympics to apologize)

Then there's this one..:lol:

1. "I've now been in 57 states — I think one left to go." —at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon, May 9, 2008

Unforunate Barack Obama Quotes

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: FJO
I'm surprised that nobody has yet pointed this out...Given the race-related animus toward Trump, one'd have thought he and his team would have gone out of their way not to let happen anything that might be construed as a sign of Trump's insouciance toward minorities, most especially when delivering a speech to a room full of minority heads of state.

DKMIQzsU8AA8hcs.jpg

Can one make a race "thing" of the gaffe? Probably not much of one, if at all. One can say, however, that an unforced gaffe of the sort Trump made damn sure didn't help ameliorate his image among minorities.

They are not minorities, dipshit!

Off Topic:

seriously dude?

and i could go on and on with pelosi, watters, and likely each and every one of us at times. i will say gw bush likely had the most. he was a trip.

so i guess my point is, if this is a crime that needs to be called out, you're gonna have a busy weekend.

BTW, Have you ever seen Obama when his teleprompter goes out? Hilarious! He becomes a stuttering fool. I doubt that would happen to Trump.

posted that one before also. :) for some reason it just doesn't matter and "but look at" comes into play. then again, it's what i just did, too. :)

i just find it odd people will go out of their way to nitpick on who they hate and dig for fault like todd hoffman digs for gold on them yet, the "problem" they use against that person isn't an issue anywhere else.

just tells me all i need to know about how petty some people are. kinda a "here's your sign" thing i suppose.

trump would just start hacking up words and saying "believe me" until he got himself back on track. different version of the same thing.

Liberals have nothing of value to offer anyone. That's why they attack their opponents so viciously. It is an attempt to make the other person look so bad that voters fail to realize just how emotionally bankrupt and morally depraved they are.

my next door neighbor from long ago, she was a fanatical liberal and she and i simply did not get along at all. one day a few friends came over and i opened the front door to let them in and they handed me some "liberal literature" and none of us really are. i gave them a funny look and they pointed to a lady walking away down my sidewalk saying she asked them to give that to me.

i looked her way and said "good, i was running low on things to piss on" and tossed them into the yard for the mowers to mulch in a few days. didn't know it was my neighbor at the time and she was inviting me over for some "liberal conversation". i drank a lot then that would have been fun. :)

people are people and i really don't like putting them into a stereotype. any time i've done that it just made it that much harder to understand the person.

That is true to a point. There are some decent liberals out there. Blue collar democrats. In my previous post, I should have said leftists. They have no socially redeeming values at all. I consider them to be the enemies of freedom, who's dearest wish is to exert complete control over others. They are evil. They cannot be reasoned with. They are the opposite of everything I hold dear. They delight in evil. They support every perversion known to man. They are my enemy. If I could, I would kill them all.

He praised a country about their health system. Yet he has no clue about that country...does this guy do his homework before going up there?

Thank you!!!

Truly, there are several key things that the gaffe illustrates or suggests, and they really don't have much to do with any nation beyond the U.S:
  • It's one more piece of evidence that we cannot rely on even the most basic promises/assertions Trump makes.
    • Trump said he'll hire the best people. Among those people are speechwriters, ostensibly "the best" ones. Did they do their homework, or even just proofread the document? Or run "spellcheck?" That speech and the luncheon at which it was delivered didn't "sneak up on" anybody. It was not an impromptu event or speech.
  • That Trump twice in one read speech "mispronounced" Namibia, as is claimed, suggests the quality control process at the WH just isn't working.
  • Trump has numerous times boasted that he is smart. Once again we see he is not.
    • Do smart people flub the name of a nation, while talking to the head of state of that nation at an event one is hosting, and not notice it, not apologize, not correct themselves, or immediately do/say something other than leave it to folks back in Washington to "atone" for one's error?
    • Screw, smart in a "book smart" way. How about just smart enough to be courteous?
    • The gaffe repetition suggests Trump is/was not himself fully engaged in what he's doing. It seems as though someone just handed him a speech and he just stood up and read it. Mind you, there's no one right way to get a speech composed and delivered, but all the right ways involve doing at least one "dry run" of the thing and making sure the damn thing doesn't have misspellings, grammatical errors and other tripping points in it. That's just how smart people go about things that are important; they don't leave it to chance.
Let's be clear. The reason the error is noteworthy is because Trump made it and he made it after having made attestations such as those noted above and he made the mistake he did in the setting where he made it.
Remember when Obama said there were 57 states? I didn't see any liberals calling him on that one. Talk about DUMB.
I asked a question. I would appreciate an answer. Did any liberals give Obama grief because he didn't even know how many states there are? I think not. And yet, here you are. verbally castrating Trump for a minor mistake. You people are such hypocrites. Trump has done more for this country in less than a year than obama did in eight years, yet you hate Trump. Why is that?

He knows how many states there are you moron.

The "57 states" thing was a gaffe. There're no two ways about that.
  • Did he repeat it twice in the same speech?
  • Did he make the gafe as he delivered a speech he was reading?
  • Was he POTUS at the time?
  • Did Obama repeatedly make claims about being smart?
  • Was he speaking to his a room full of Democrats or a room full of foreign heads of state?
  • Even ignoring the "Nambia" gaffe, is one also to ignore some 200+ others made in the space of just two years (if that long), and many of which are flat out wrong on point of fact, not point of view, point of fact?
The above is but the tip of the iceberg of why the "Obama said there were 57 states" tu quoque rebuttal is too ridiculous to dignify with an attempt at a substantive response.
Context is "everything" and one who ignores it merely shows their own stupidity, if not also hypocrisy.

For someone who apparently likes to make Google searches for words he doesn't understand, you present yourself as a self-educated ignoramus.

I'm surprised that nobody has yet pointed this out...Given the race-related animus toward Trump, one'd have thought he and his team would have gone out of their way not to let happen anything that might be construed as a sign of Trump's insouciance toward minorities, most especially when delivering a speech to a room full of minority heads of state.

DKMIQzsU8AA8hcs.jpg

Can one make a race "thing" of the gaffe? Probably not much of one, if at all. One can say, however, that an unforced gaffe of the sort Trump made damn sure didn't help ameliorate his image among minorities.

Off Topic:

Gee. By the reaction I'm seeing on places like Twitter, you'd think that a f*cking liberal made a misquote before. Just remember, libturds. When you point your finger at someone, three are pointing right back at you.

that is what is happening right now, the 3 fingers are pointing back at you, the republicans, who came down on Obama for his every blunder....

this is precisely why the Bible is trying to teach us all, to turn the other cheek... if not, then this pointing fingers goes on forever, and there will never be peace on earth, goodwill towards men....

You REALLY need to look up the Biblical reference you are using incorrectly. It's embarrassing!

From Trumps perspective, it doesn't really matter.

Namibia, Nambia, Gambia, Zambia...all Africans look the same.

DKMIQzsU8AA8hcs.jpg

Was there supposed to be an intelligent reply to my comment, or did liberalism cause a brain fart?

"Trump invents a new country: Nambia (Capital city --> Covfefe?)"

In the native language, the capital is spelled "Kofveve"

Namibia or Nambia...who cares?

leftards do

that is why you see the posting of yet another

"we really REALLY got him this time " thread

--LOL

seriously dude?

That is true to a point. There are some decent liberals out there. Blue collar democrats. In my previous post, I should have said leftists. They have no socially redeeming values at all. I consider them to be the enemies of freedom, who's dearest wish is to exert complete control over others. They are evil. They cannot be reasoned with. They are the opposite of everything I hold dear. They delight in evil. They support every perversion known to man. They are my enemy. If I could, I would kill them all.

well at least you're specific. :)

Off Topic:

You REALLY need to look up the Biblical reference you are using incorrectly. It's embarrassing!

you really need to step back, read the ENTIRE passage, and ask yourself, what lesson am I being taught....

Off Topic:

Trump sure brings out the anal retentive in Democrats...

View attachment 150673

Selective anal retentiveness ...

• This thread isn't about Obama's gaffes.
  • Isn't the exception among conservatives that Trump should in every way perform better than did Obama?
Have you something of substance to say about Trump's invention of a nation or are you only able to consider the world through tu quoque lens?

How about Obama saying that people in Austria speak Austrian?

Or when he pronounced "corps" as "corpse".
Well, at least with that he earned the respect of the military!

Namibia or Nambia...who cares?

leftards do

that is why you see the posting of yet another

"we really REALLY got him this time " thread

--LOL
look at it this way.

if this is really what they're loading up with today...

it's over.

Forum List

Back