Trump invents a new country: Nambia (Capital city --> Covfefe?)

He praised a country about their health system. YetHe has no clue about that country...does this guy do his homework before going up there?
I'm sorry but if you can see how stupid this guy, something is wrong with you too.

FYI: AIN'T a lefty and don't like Hillary.
He praised a country about their health system. Yet he has no clue about that country...does this guy do his homework before going up there?

Thank you!!!

Truly, there are several key things that the gaffe illustrates or suggests, and they really don't have much to do with any nation beyond the U.S:
  • It's one more piece of evidence that we cannot rely on even the most basic promises/assertions Trump makes.
    • Trump said he'll hire the best people. Among those people are speechwriters, ostensibly "the best" ones. Did they do their homework, or even just proofread the document? Or run "spellcheck?" That speech and the luncheon at which it was delivered didn't "sneak up on" anybody. It was not an impromptu event or speech.
  • That Trump twice in one read speech "mispronounced" Namibia, as is claimed, suggests the quality control process at the WH just isn't working.
  • Trump has numerous times boasted that he is smart. Once again we see he is not.
    • Do smart people flub the name of a nation, while talking to the head of state of that nation at an event one is hosting, and not notice it, not apologize, not correct themselves, or immediately do/say something other than leave it to folks back in Washington to "atone" for one's error?
    • Screw, smart in a "book smart" way. How about just smart enough to be courteous?
    • The gaffe repetition suggests Trump is/was not himself fully engaged in what he's doing. It seems as though someone just handed him a speech and he just stood up and read it. Mind you, there's no one right way to get a speech composed and delivered, but all the right ways involve doing at least one "dry run" of the thing and making sure the damn thing doesn't have misspellings, grammatical errors and other tripping points in it. That's just how smart people go about things that are important; they don't leave it to chance.
Let's be clear. The reason the error is noteworthy is because Trump made it and he made it after having made attestations such as those noted above and he made the mistake he did in the setting where he made it.
Remember when Obama said there were 57 states? I didn't see any liberals calling him on that one. Talk about DUMB.
I'm not going to be drawn into a tu quoque line of discourse/debate because there is no arguing in such cases. The tu quoque line of defense is fallacious from the start; thus there is no point in trying to counter-argue it. Doing so is to just enter the "rabbit hole," as it were.
I asked a question. I would appreciate an answer. Did any liberals give Obama grief because he didn't even know how many states there are? I think not. And yet, here you are. verbally castrating Trump for a minor mistake. You people are such hypocrites. Trump has done more for this country in less than a year than obama did in eight years, yet you hate Trump. Why is that?

He knows how many states there are you moron.

The "57 states" thing was a gaffe. There're no two ways about that.
  • Did he repeat it twice in the same speech?
  • Did he make the gafe as he delivered a speech he was reading?
  • Was he POTUS at the time?
  • Did Obama repeatedly make claims about being smart?
  • Was he speaking to his a room full of Democrats or a room full of foreign heads of state?
  • Even ignoring the "Nambia" gaffe, is one also to ignore some 200+ others made in the space of just two years (if that long), and many of which are flat out wrong on point of fact, not point of view, point of fact?
The above is but the tip of the iceberg of why the "Obama said there were 57 states" tu quoque rebuttal is too ridiculous to dignify with an attempt at a substantive response.
I'm not going to be drawn into a tu quoque line of discourse/debate because there is no arguing in such cases. The tu quoque line of defense is fallacious from the start; thus there is no point in trying to counter-argue it. Doing so is to just enter the "rabbit hole," as it were.
Context is "everything" and one who ignores it merely shows their own stupidity, if not also hypocrisy.

That speech was delivered before a coterie of African leaders. In it, Trump lavished praise on the health care system of Nambia during a speech at the United Nations. But there's one little problem -- there's no such country. Trump mentioned Nambia twice during the session attended by leaders of several nations, including Ghana, Namibia and Uganda.

Did he likely mean Namibia, Zambia or Gambia? Probably, but there's just no excuse for the American President to be so damn ignorant.
  • Just how half-assed must one be to read a prepared speech that cites a nation that doesn't exist?
  • How does a head of state not realize instantly and off the top of her/his head that s/he just "flubbed" the name of another nation and not simply correct it the instant one does it? Is that not what everyone does when they know what they're talking about and get tongue-tied on a word? ...That is if they're paying attention to what they're saying and mean it.
  • Did Trump consider the meeting anything more than "lip service?"
Seriously. Children demand more of the presidents of middle-school student governments.

Off Topic:
I heartily encourage anyone to visit Namibia. Super relaxing vacation.

Ok, in which of the 57 states do you live in exactly?

Is mispronouncing Namibia an impeachable offense?

Has your day finally come?

It's one more case of the Obama bashers get their pay back. Deal with it.

Everything I said about Obama was true, it wasn't the extrapolated poopy ya'll keep coughing up, deal with it... :ack-1:

Oh that's right .. ya'll couldn't deal with the truth then either and doubled the national debt .. etc. :popcorn:

Last edited:

That speech was delivered before a coterie of African leaders. In it, Trump lavished praise on the health care system of Nambia during a speech at the United Nations. But there's one little problem -- there's no such country. Trump mentioned Nambia twice during the session attended by leaders of several nations, including Ghana, Namibia and Uganda.

Did he likely mean Namibia, Zambia or Gambia? Probably, but there's just no excuse for the American President to be so damn ignorant.
  • Just how half-assed must one be to read a prepared speech that cites a nation that doesn't exist?
  • How does a head of state not realize instantly and off the top of her/his head that s/he just "flubbed" the name of another nation and not simply correct it the instant one does it? Is that not what everyone does when they know what they're talking about and get tongue-tied on a word? ...That is if they're paying attention to what they're saying and mean it.
Seriously. Children demand more of the presidents of middle-school student governments.

Off Topic:

in which of the 57 states do you live in exactly?

Why do you want to make this about me? Where I live has nothing to do with what Trump said.

If anyone has caught what the OP'er is suggesting is that Trump gaff is based on racism.

So this is typical Liberal Race Card Nonsense and let be really honest and admit a good majority of Americans including minorities would not know where Namibia is at without using Google or Bing and even then they most likely do not know where Africa is at!

Oh and the OP'er claims Obama gaff does not matter when Obama created seven new states but it does seeing Obama should have known there are only Fifty States in the Union and not Fifty-Seven.

Now can the OP'er actually claim the Average American knew where Namibia is at or that it is country in Africa bordering the Atlantic Ocean in the Southern part of Africa and does the OP'er really believe that Trump gaff has hurt him in the African American community when the reality is he has no support there?

Finally, I doubt in the fast growing Hispanic\Latino communities and Asian communities ( you know the other minorities ) care that Trump made a gaff with some African country name and I even doubt anyone remember the gaff come 2020 except the race baiting morons of this board...

This thread isn't about anything.

It's a desperate search for the next "thing" that's supposed to have Trump removed from office in shame. It's starting to sink in to libtards that they have no hope. Trump is in and he is staying there. So it will be 7 more years of little trump gaffs as well as huge funny ones, but one thing for sure, no one will give two shits about how the president pronounced the name of some third world shithole in Africa. You obviously started this thread cause you was in a sporty mood.

Last edited:
Eh, I've decided to take it easy on Xelor, it's been a fun thread afterall.

Besides .. I can tell he feels all guilty and stuff ... :lol:

Off Topic:

seriously dude?

and i could go on and on with pelosi, watters, and likely each and every one of us at times. i will say gw bush likely had the most. he was a trip.

so i guess my point is, if this is a crime that needs to be called out, you're gonna have a busy weekend.

If anyone has caught what the OP'er is suggesting is that Trump gaff is based on racism.

So this is typical Liberal Race Card Nonsense and let be really honest and admit a good majority of Americans including minorities would not know where Namibia is at without using Google or Bing and even then they most likely do not know where Africa is at!

Oh and the OP'er claims Obama gaff does not matter when Obama created seven new states but it does seeing Obama should have known there are only Fifty States in the Union and not Fifty-Seven.

Now can the OP'er actually claim the Average American knew where Namibia is at or that it is country in Africa bordering the Atlantic Ocean in the Southern part of Africa and does the OP'er really believe that Trump gaff has hurt him in the African American community when the reality is he has no support there?

Finally, I doubt in the fast growing Hispanic\Latino communities and Asian communities ( you know the other minorities ) care that Trump made a gaff with some African country name and I even doubt anyone remember the gaff come 2020 except the race baiting morons of this board...
Interesting thing about obama and the 57 states comment. I believe that there are 57 distircts, or whatever they are called, in the Middle East. In the United Arab Emirates, I believe. Coincidence?

Off Topic:

seriously dude?

and i could go on and on with pelosi, watters, and likely each and every one of us at times. i will say gw bush likely had the most. he was a trip.

so i guess my point is, if this is a crime that needs to be called out, you're gonna have a busy weekend.

BTW, Have you ever seen Obama when his teleprompter goes out? Hilarious! He becomes a stuttering fool. I doubt that would happen to Trump.

posted that one before also. :) for some reason it just doesn't matter and "but look at" comes into play. then again, it's what i just did, too. :)

i just find it odd people will go out of their way to nitpick on who they hate and dig for fault like todd hoffman digs for gold on them yet, the "problem" they use against that person isn't an issue anywhere else.

just tells me all i need to know about how petty some people are. kinda a "here's your sign" thing i suppose.

trump would just start hacking up words and saying "believe me" until he got himself back on track. different version of the same thing.

love him or not, our most eloquent speaker was reagan.

impromptu. brilliant.

Off Topic:

Trump sure brings out the anal retentive in Democrats...

View attachment 150673

Selective anal retentiveness ...

Mods, close this thread right here please

Off Topic:

Trump sure brings out the anal retentive in Democrats...

View attachment 150673

Selective anal retentiveness ...

• This thread isn't about Obama's gaffes.
  • Isn't the exception among conservatives that Trump should in every way perform better than did Obama?
Have you something of substance to say about Trump's invention of a nation or are you only able to consider the world through tu quoque lens?

How about Obama saying that people in Austria speak Austrian?

Off Topic:

seriously dude?

BTW, Have you ever seen Obama when his teleprompter goes out? Hilarious! He becomes a stuttering fool. I doubt that would happen to Trump.

It's true, he wasn't much without a teleprompter...

Off Topic:

seriously dude?

posted that one before also. :) for some reason it just doesn't matter and "but look at" comes into play. then again, it's what i just did, too. :)

i just find it odd people will go out of their way to nitpick on who they hate and dig for fault like todd hoffman digs for gold on them yet, the "problem" they use against that person isn't an issue anywhere else.

just tells me all i need to know about how petty some people are. kinda a "here's your sign" thing i suppose.

trump would just start hacking up words and saying "believe me" until he got himself back on track. different version of the same thing.

Liberals have nothing of value to offer anyone. That's why they attack their opponents so viciously. It is an attempt to make the other person look so bad that voters fail to realize just how emotionally bankrupt and morally depraved they are.

Forum List

Back