Trump Has The Edge Because...

He's funding his own campaign. What makes a candidate drop out of the race is his donors. If they think he won't win, they'll stop sending him money. Trump won't run into the same problems others do when their donations start slowing down. Laying off staff, skipping smaller events (and losing those votes), being able to afford tv ads, radio ads, etc.
In addition to having unlimited funds, he has the advantage of being able to truthfully say "I'm not beholden to anybody". This will help Trump tremendously if he gets the nomination. His Democrat opponent won't be able to say the same thing, including Sanders.
Most people would agree that we need somebody like Trump who can't be bought. This will start to resonate as the field narrows and will be a major issue in the general.
What are your thoughts on this?

Trump has received about 7 million in donations so far.
Link? And be sure to include WHERE it came from.

Is it the amount that you're asking about? Or donations at all?

And my source is the Federal Election Commission. Putting his donation total at about 7.7 million.
Make that about 7.5 million. Donald donated $250,000 to his own campaign.

Last edited:
He's funding his own campaign. What makes a candidate drop out of the race is his donors. If they think he won't win, they'll stop sending him money. Trump won't run into the same problems others do when their donations start slowing down. Laying off staff, skipping smaller events (and losing those votes), being able to afford tv ads, radio ads, etc.
In addition to having unlimited funds, he has the advantage of being able to truthfully say "I'm not beholden to anybody". This will help Trump tremendously if he gets the nomination. His Democrat opponent won't be able to say the same thing, including Sanders.
Most people would agree that we need somebody like Trump who can't be bought. This will start to resonate as the field narrows and will be a major issue in the general.

And my source is the Federal Election Commission. Putting his donation total at about 7.7 million.
I'm asking you to be specific as to WHO is contributing. He takes donations from individuals but not lobbyists and corporations who are looking to buy influence. That's the point of this thread.

I'm asking you to be specific as to WHO is contributing. He takes donations from individuals but not lobbyists and corporations who are looking to buy influence. That's the point of this thread.

Ah, so you acknowledge that your OP isn't accurate. That Trump is accepting donations and is not self funding his campaign. Because your claim wasn't accurate in September of last year either. He'd already collected about 4 million in donations by Q3 of 2015.

Ah, so you acknowledge that your OP isn't accurate. That Trump is accepting donations and is not self funding his campaign. Because your claim wasn't accurate in September of last year either. He'd already collected about 4 million in donations by Q3 of 2015.
The OP is accurate. $7 million is nothing. Bush spent $150 million of corporate donations before N.H. You can split hairs all you want and I'm sure you will because you can't make a case legitimately.

The OP is accurate. $7 million is nothing. Bush spent $150 million of corporate donations before N.H. You can split hairs all you want and I'm sure you will because you can't make a case legitimately.

The total contributions, including everything Trump has donated or loaned himself....is 25 million. So we're looking at more than 1/4 of all the money in the Trump campaign.

That's hardly 'nothing'.

Your OP was wrong. From its very inception.

The total contributions, including everything Trump has donated or loaned himself....is 25 million. So we're looking at more than 1/4 of all the money in the Trump campaign.

That's hardly 'nothing'.

Your OP was wrong. From its very inception.
Really? Who is Trump beholden to then? Himself?

main-qimg-7ebaff114996b7a148e8454148056a07
No, he doesnt take large campaign donations from corporations and PACs, dumbass.

Plus Trump has the added advantage of having so many dim witted followers.

How old are you?

How old are you?

How old are you?

I believe it.

Time to dump the career politicians. I watched an excellent Trump speech in Maine the other day. He told his huge crowd of supporters that he didn't want them to give him their money. He told them he's funding his own campaign and didn't need it. He's also refusing to accept any special interest lobbyist money. What other candidate is doing that? I like the dude. I think it's Trump's time.

How old are you?

I believe it.

How old are you?

I believe it.

Yes, you are indeed. Now, do you have anything to contribute to the thread besides your usual trolling?

Time to dump the career politicians. I watched an excellent Trump speech in Maine the other day. He told his huge crowd of supporters that he didn't want them to give him their money. He told them he's funding his own campaign and didn't need it. He's also refusing to accept any special interest lobbyist money. What other candidate is doing that? I like the dude. I think it's Trump's time.
Because you know you can trust him to do what he says.......right professor?

He is doing what he says. He isn't asking his supporters to give him their money. He also isn't accepting special interest lobbyist money. He isn't taking Taxpayer funding either. What other candidate is doing that?

He is doing what he says. He isn't asking his supporters to give him their money. He also isn't accepting special interest lobbyist money. He isn't taking Taxpayer funding either. What other candidate is doing that?
So what? What does that have to with any of his hair brained rhetoric? He has money.....what about it?

Forum List

Back