Trump Has The Edge Because...

S.J.

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2012
So. Cal.
He's funding his own campaign. What makes a candidate drop out of the race is his donors. If they think he won't win, they'll stop sending him money. Trump won't run into the same problems others do when their donations start slowing down. Laying off staff, skipping smaller events (and losing those votes), being able to afford tv ads, radio ads, etc.
In addition to having unlimited funds, he has the advantage of being able to truthfully say "I'm not beholden to anybody". This will help Trump tremendously if he gets the nomination. His Democrat opponent won't be able to say the same thing, including Sanders.
Most people would agree that we need somebody like Trump who can't be bought. This will start to resonate as the field narrows and will be a major issue in the general.
What are your thoughts on this?

We'll see when he has to start spending serious money.

He's been getting a free ride from the networks since he's a ratings machine. But when the campaign starts for real, will he buy air time to counter the barrage of attack ads that are coming or hire the infrastructure needed to run a national campaign? A national campaign costs nearly $1 billion. Will he really spend that type of money, or even half that?

Trump doesn't have $10 billion. Most of that is what he thinks his brand is worth which he can't monetize. His liquid net worth is much, much less.

Most people would agree that we need somebody like Trump who can't be bought.

You morons still don't get it. Trump is the one who does the buying anyway. What difference does it make to elect the man Trump buys, or Trump himself?

main-qimg-7ebaff114996b7a148e8454148056a07

He's been getting a free ride from the networks since he's a ratings machine. But when the campaign starts for real, will he buy air time to counter the barrage of attack ads that are coming or hire the infrastructure needed to run a national campaign? A national campaign costs nearly $1 billion. Will he really spend that type of money, or even half that?

Trump doesn't have $10 billion. Most of that is what he thinks his brand is worth which he can't monetize. His liquid net worth is much, much less.
He makes $400 million a year. He'll still be a billionaire regardless of how much he spends on this campaign.

Most people would agree that we need somebody like Trump who can't be bought.

You morons still don't get it. Trump is the one who does the buying anyway. What difference does it make to elect the man Trump buys, or Trump himself?
Hmm, you start off with a personal insult, then make a broad and general statement lacking in substance. Hardly an argument, is it?

Yep, that's what I've been wondering. Something still doesn't smell right.

Why don't you post the entire page? Here's what you left out.

By clicking "Contribute" I certify that the following statements are true and accurate:

1. This contribution is made from my personal funds and is not drawn on an account maintained by a corporation, labor union, or national bank, and
  2. I am a U.S. citizen or lawfully admitted permanent resident and this contribution will not be reimbursed by another person.
$2,700 is the maximum amount an individual may give for the PRIMARY election to Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.

$5,400 is the maximum amount a couple may give combined for the PRIMARY election to Donald J. Trump for President, Inc. If a joint contribution is made, both individuals must be listed as account holders or both must sign the check.

Contributions to Donald J. Trump for President, Inc are not tax deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.

Donald J. Trump for President, Inc can also take contributions for the general election at this time. An individual may give $5,400 combined for the primary and general elections. A couple may give $10,800 combined for the primary and general elections.

Taking small donations from individuals who believe in his candidacy and want to contribute is not the same as taking money from big business (like everyone else does), or foreign governments (like the Democrats do) that would make him beholden to them. Don't know if you understand the difference or if you even want to acknowledge there is a difference. Probably both.

He makes $400 million a year. He'll still be a billionaire regardless of how much he spends on this campaign.

The question is how much of his own money he is willing to spend?

I don't know the answer to that question.

He hasn't spent much thus far.

I do know that when I talk to monied people in New York, there are doubts that he is willing to spend that much. He might not think spending $200 million is worth it.

But again, I don't know.

By clicking "Contribute" I certify that the following statements are true and accurate:

1. This contribution is made from my personal funds and is not drawn on an account maintained by a corporation, labor union, or national bank, and
  2. I am a U.S. citizen or lawfully admitted permanent resident and this contribution will not be reimbursed by another person.
$2,700 is the maximum amount an individual may give for the PRIMARY election to Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.

$5,400 is the maximum amount a couple may give combined for the PRIMARY election to Donald J. Trump for President, Inc. If a joint contribution is made, both individuals must be listed as account holders or both must sign the check.

Contributions to Donald J. Trump for President, Inc are not tax deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.

Donald J. Trump for President, Inc can also take contributions for the general election at this time. An individual may give $5,400 combined for the primary and general elections. A couple may give $10,800 combined for the primary and general elections.

Taking small donations from individuals who believe in his candidacy and want to contribute is not the same as taking money from big business (like everyone else does), or foreign governments (like the Democrats do) that would make him beholden to them. Don't know if you understand the difference or if you even want to acknowledge there is a difference. Probably both.

Your naivety is so infantile; it's almost cute. Seriously, do you know anything about professional politics? I mean, anything at all?

You are aware that all of that language is legally required, right?

Those are FEC donation limits, not Trump's personal rules.

You libs ever hear of "disclosure"? The candidates have to make available who their donors are. Show me where Trump has accepted money from lobbyists, special interest groups, or big business. Since you are all experts in this field, it should be easy.

You libs ever hear of "disclosure"? The candidates have to make available who their donors are. Show me where Trump has accepted money from lobbyists, special interest groups, or big business. Since you are all experts in this field, it should be easy.

Go look at those disclosures from any candidate, and you won't see "big business" or "lobbyists" there either.

The real money goes into the SuperPACs and 501c4s.

We'll see how many of those magically appear and support Trump.

Go look at those disclosures from any candidate, and you won't see "big business" or "lobbyists" there either.

With the concerted effort by the media, the left, and the status quo right to derail Trump's campaign, I'm sure if he had accepted money from lobbyists or special interests it would be front page news by now. Let's see something other than innuendo.

With the concerted effort by the media, the left, and the status quo right to derail Trump's campaign, I'm sure if he had accepted money from lobbyists or special interests it would be front page news by now. Let's see something other than innuendo.

If the media wanted to "derail" Trump's campaign, they would stop giving him airtime.

That clearly isn't happening.

If the media wanted to "derail" Trump's campaign, they would stop giving him airtime.

That clearly isn't happening.
They're not giving him positive airtime, idiot. Obviously they are trying to sink him and if you were an honest person you would acknowledge that very obvious fact.

Forum List

Back