Trump has already accomplished more than Obama

Blah, blah, blah. You think because you find one article by one person (possibly with an ax to grind) it somehow invalidates historical facts? And again, your continued use of the term "Raygun" shows your immaturity and disrespect, and makes it impossible to take you or your argument seriously.

Of course it is disrespectful. I hated Raygun. Thought he was awful. Thought I'd never see a worse president in my lifetime. Then along came Dumbya. Thought the same about him. Then along came Trumpie. Couldn't make this shit up.

No, he had no axe to grind. he was also kept in the USSR job when Bush snr was president. So, no, you can't admit when you're wrong. I know. Because you're a fucking idiot.
Fuck you too, moron.

Reagan was the best President in recent times. He restored America to prosperity. America became a world class superpower under Reagan and it opened Europe's Iron Curtain to end the Cold War. He did more to stabilize the world than all other leaders since. It was the Bushes, Clintons, and Obama who screwed this country out of the legacy that Reagan handed to these other fucking idiots.

Anyone who didn't like Reagan was a fucking idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread makes for an excellent case study. How do Democrats combat blatantly false news stories such as this one, when this type of fake news has already cemented itself as the only source of information for the conservative segment of America? They've even managed to convince themselves that fact checking these obviously biased articles is the lie, and not the obvious spin job in the original article itself.

So how do we prove to people like P@triot that the premise of the story is no sense, without him immediately assuming we're liars?

Too funny. Even the liberal news stations are reporting the news. Apple is exploring moving iPhone production to the US: Report

This is why you asshats lost the election. You libs have no reality. Go back to getting your news from Comedy Central.

Months ago, long before Trump was elected, Apple asked 2 companies that it uses to make iPhones what it would cost to make iPhones in the US. 1 didn't bother to find out, the other told Apple costs would double. That is the story.

Breitbart is selling it as Trump forced Apple to start iPhone production in the US and succeeded.

This is why you asshats won the election. Because you swallow bullshit and you love it. You ask for seconds and thirds.

True , Apple was looking at manufacturing it's iPhone in the United States back in June.
Next we'll see a thread claiming Trump was involved in the invention of the wheel.

Apple is reportedly trying to move iPhone manufacturing to the US

That's right. June. And Trump made his statement in January. Trump was also looking like he was going to win the Republican nomination in June.

I know,,, Trump is the second coming of Christ, right?
You people are so easily manipulated. Man, I'm so happy, that I'm not you. Whew!

This thread makes for an excellent case study. How do Democrats combat blatantly false news stories such as this one, when this type of fake news has already cemented itself as the only source of information for the conservative segment of America? They've even managed to convince themselves that fact checking these obviously biased articles is the lie, and not the obvious spin job in the original article itself.

So how do we prove to people like P@triot that the premise of the story is no sense, without him immediately assuming we're liars?

Too funny. Even the liberal news stations are reporting the news. Apple is exploring moving iPhone production to the US: Report

This is why you asshats lost the election. You libs have no reality. Go back to getting your news from Comedy Central.

Months ago, long before Trump was elected, Apple asked 2 companies that it uses to make iPhones what it would cost to make iPhones in the US. 1 didn't bother to find out, the other told Apple costs would double. That is the story.

Breitbart is selling it as Trump forced Apple to start iPhone production in the US and succeeded.

This is why you asshats won the election. Because you swallow bullshit and you love it. You ask for seconds and thirds.

True , Apple was looking at manufacturing it's iPhone in the United States back in June.
Next we'll see a thread claiming Trump was involved in the invention of the wheel.

That's right. June. And Trump made his statement in January. Trump was also looking like he was going to win the Republican nomination in June.

You people are so easily manipulated. Man, I'm so happy, that I'm not you. Whew!

No Obama was and that is why you far left drones voted for him.

Silly far left drone!

Reagan was the best President in recent times. He restored America to prosperity. America became a world class superpower under Reagan and it opened Europe's Iron Curtain to end the Cold War. He did more to stabilize the world than all other leaders since. It was the Bushes, Clintons, and Obama who screwed this country out of the legacy that Reagan handed to these other fucking idiots.

Raygun is responsible for the financial shit your country is in at the moment. Anybody who says different doesn't have a clue about history or his legacy. Dumb as a box of hammers.... "We start bombing in five minutes"...yeah a real genius. He had the onset of Alzheimers near the end of his presidency. And it showed. Only a right-wing neocon loon idealogue would see that as good.

I'm happy you are not me also. Otherwise I'd be a dumb fuck with no life instead of an educated guy with a nice career.

Raygun is responsible for the financial shit your country is in at the moment. Anybody who says different doesn't have a clue about history or his legacy. Dumb as a box of hammers.... "We start bombing in five minutes"...yeah a real genius. He had the onset of Alzheimers near the end of his presidency. And it showed. Only a right-wing neocon loon idealogue would see that as good.

Thanks for proving my point you fucking idiot.

Reagan established a growth trajectory for our economy that took both Bushes and Clinton to fuck up. Then we got Obama spending cash with almost no results. At least when Reagan spent cash, he got results like a strong economy, a strong military, and an end to the Cold War.

Judging by you labeling America "your" country, you should just shut the fuck up now as you are not only a fucking idiot but a fucking foreign idiot who thinks they know shit about America.

Take your fucked up foreign liberal propaganda and shove it up your big dumb ass.

Says the most clueless asshole on the forum.

[
Thanks for proving my point you fucking idiot.

Reagan established a growth trajectory for our economy that took both Bushes and Clinton to fuck up. Then we got Obama spending cash with almost no results. At least when Reagan spent cash, he got results like a strong economy, a strong military, and an end to the Cold War.

Judging by you labeling America "your" country, you should just shut the fuck up now as you are not only a fucking idiot but a fucking foreign idiot who thinks they know shit about America.

Take your fucked up foreign liberal propaganda and shove it up your big dumb ass.

A moron is a moron. Ronnie Raygun was your third worst president in history. The one who gets first place will be sworn in in January.

I'd put my knowledge up against yours any day of the week, Loser.

Blah, blah, blah. You think because you find one article by one person (possibly with an ax to grind) it somehow invalidates historical facts? And again, your continued use of the term "Raygun" shows your immaturity and disrespect, and makes it impossible to take you or your argument seriously.

Of course it is disrespectful. I hated Raygun. Thought he was awful. Thought I'd never see a worse president in my lifetime. Then along came Dumbya. Thought the same about him. Then along came Trumpie. Couldn't make this shit up.

No, he had no axe to grind. he was also kept in the USSR job when Bush snr was president. So, no, you can't admit when you're wrong. I know. Because you're a fucking idiot.
Fuck you too, moron.

Reagan's greatest accomplishment was to not exploit the collapse of the Soviet Union. He did not cause the collapse

Fuck you too, moron.

Reagan's greatest accomplishment was to not exploit the collapse of the Soviet Union. He did not cause the collapse

Until Reagan, the USA and the USSR were in a stalemate in the Cold War. Our consistent efforts to contain Communism has had only limited success and most thought that the Cold War was to be accepted as the new status quo.

We had already had many altercations between the two ideologies, the Berlin Airlift crisis, the Korean War, the crushing of the Hungarian uprising in 1956, the Cuban missile crisis in 1962, the invasions of Czechoslovakia in 1968, the Vietnam War, and the Afghanistan War started in 1979.

Reagan then made a speech about how he would approach the communists in 1982 in London and things started to changed. There was still conflict such as the destruction of a South Korean airliner that had wandered off course in 1983. But Reagan was able to drain the Soviets of their will in Afghanistan, he was able to build a stronger European coalition to stand down the Russians in the European Middle crisis. He scared the with the Star Wars initiative.

Don't think that this didn't affect policy inside of Russia or that the people living under communism didn't notice. During Reagan's second term he got the opportunity that he was looking for in Gorbachev. Gorbachev had been watching and took up the mantle of a reformist in the USSR and he work with his people to open the USSR to western ideas. He did this because the people were demanding it and he saw the power that Reagan was able to project because of democracy and capitalism.

Reagan was a huge influence on the times he lived in. He was not alone in the fight but he was one of the lead visionaries and he got it right for us all.

Fuck you too, moron.

Until Reagan, the USA and the USSR were in a stalemate in the Cold War. Our consistent efforts to contain Communism has had only limited success and most thought that the Cold War was to be accepted as the new status quo.

We had already had many altercations between the two ideologies, the Berlin Airlift crisis, the Korean War, the crushing of the Hungarian uprising in 1956, the Cuban missile crisis in 1962, the invasions of Czechoslovakia in 1968, the Vietnam War, and the Afghanistan War started in 1979.

Reagan then made a speech about how he would approach the communists in 1982 in London and things started to changed. There was still conflict such as the destruction of a South Korean airliner that had wandered off course in 1983. But Reagan was able to drain the Soviets of their will in Afghanistan, he was able to build a stronger European coalition to stand down the Russians in the European Middle crisis. He scared the with the Star Wars initiative.

Don't think that this didn't affect policy inside of Russia or that the people living under communism didn't notice. During Reagan's second term he got the opportunity that he was looking for in Gorbachev. Gorbachev had been watching and took up the mantle of a reformist in the USSR and he work with his people to open the USSR to western ideas. He did this because the people were demanding it and he saw the power that Reagan was able to project because of democracy and capitalism.

Reagan was a huge influence on the times he lived in. He was not alone in the fight but he was one of the lead visionaries and he got it right for us all.

Nice fable....but the Soviet Union did not collapse in six years.

It's fate was sealed since the 1950s. Gorbachev was the right man for the time, he chose to accept the collapse instead of fight it. Reagan was correct in offering to help rather than exploit the power void

Fuck you too, moron.

It's fate was sealed since the 1950s. Gorbachev was the right man for the time, he chose to accept the collapse instead of fight it. Reagan was correct in offering to help rather than exploit the power void

Says you, but all the evidence points to Reagan making America strong again, so strong in fact that the internal power base within the USSR detonated in confusion on how to keep up and offset his moves. Reagan played it right to get the result he desired. There may not have been a Gorbachev if there wasn't outside forces pushing against the Iron Curtain so hard.

Reagan definitely did a good job putting pressure on the Soviet Union, but the Soviet Union was already having problems with food shortages and long lines. A communist economy cannot sustain itself long, look at Cuba or North Korea, for example.

But the true architect of Perestroika, or the rebuilding of the economy, was Andropov. He had planned a gradual transition to a market economy, and passed all these laws, all in in the utmost secrecy. However, he did not live long enough to see them implemented.

I'm not sure if he had anything to do with Glasnost, in other words giving the people a voice, freedom of speech.

In Gorbachev's vision, other parties would be allowed, but the leading party would still be the Communist Party. There were abuses under Gorbachev as well, for example some protesters were killed In Georgia, mostly killed by poison gas by the Soviet Army:
April 9 tragedy - Wikipedia

Fuck you too, moron.

Says you, but all the evidence points to Reagan making America strong again, so strong in fact that the internal power base within the USSR detonated in confusion on how to keep up and offset his moves. Reagan played it right to get the result he desired. There may not have been a Gorbachev if there wasn't outside forces pushing against the Iron Curtain so hard.

Actually, all the evidence points to a Soviet Union crumbling for decades

Sorry but there was nothing Reagan could have done to make an economy of that magnitude collapse in a few years

Gorbachev was not the reformer the left would like to make him out to be. He was a former KGB thug and had no intention of doing anything any differently than Kruchev, Breznev, Andropov, etc. We had put ourselves at a great disadvantage with the SALT 1 and 2 treaties, which did not allow for on sight verification. We had to "trust" our untrustworthy opponent who routinely cheated on both of them. Reagan was a realist and refused to sign another meaningless treaty that had enabled the Soviets to gain nuclear parity with us and demanded verification as a condition for ANY treaty he would sign. Gorbachev was not interested, not until Reagan gave his famous SDI speech in 1983.

The Soviet economy was never very strong and there was no way they could keep up with us with our renewed economic prosperity (thanks to Reaganomics) and our superiority in technology. They stepped up their espionage efforts but simply did not have the financial resources to compete in a new dimension in the arms race. They were bogged down in Afghanistan, which was draining their resources, and in Central America, where they were being opposed by the Contras. And naturally, the Democratic Party was opposing all of Reagan's efforts to bring the Soviets to the table on arms control and agree to verification. Typical Democrats, more interested in stopping Reagan than stopping the Soviet threat.

Successful tests with missile defense systems made believers out of the Russians and Gorby finally saw the writing on the wall. He failed to stop SDI research at the Reykjavik summit and realized that his buddies in the Democratic Party were not going to be successful in their propaganda war against Reagan and with their economy beginning to crumble (due to the arms race), Gorbachev finally caved and signed the first verifiable treaty. It never would have happened with Carter or Mondale. There would still be a Soviet Union and they would still be in Central America and probably Afghanistan. It would be a totally different world.

The left hates Ronald Reagan for his success and will never give him any credit for bringing down the Soviet empire but history is stubborn and not easily changed. And the pro-enemy libs on this forum can squeal and squawk all they want but it won't change the facts. Reagan was a great president and his Strategic Defense Initiative has led to misslile defense systems that have protected our troops in M.E. conflicts like the Gulf War, protected Israel more than once, and have served as a strong deterrent for our NATO allies. No other president since has been as effective of a leader as Ronald Reagan, a perfect example of what a real President should look like, not that communist POS who's been putting his stinking feet on the desk in the Oval Office for the past 8 years.

Actually, all the evidence points to a Soviet Union crumbling for decades

Sorry but there was nothing Reagan could have done to make an economy of that magnitude collapse in a few years

You are wrong as usual, but please stick to it as the left has been trying to belittle the man since he first ran for President.

The man accelerated the end of the USSR through various efforts from military spending, economic policies, political pressure, and social rhetoric. With the exception of Gorbachev himself, Reagan was the most instrumental person to end the Cold War.

He was great at projecting America's power around the world without utilizing its armed forces in bloody conflict to institute the desired change.

Nobody since has come even remotely close to Reagan.

The Collapse of the Soviet Union and Ronald Reagan

More exceptional plans being outlined by the Trump Administration...

The idea, as Trump has reportedly expressed, is that within the first 100 days in office he will freeze hiring in various sectors of government, and not replace employees who leave. This can be done without Congress’s approval through an executive order. A few areas will be exempt, however, such as military personnel and public health and safety. He has also said he will grow the size of the immigration enforcement agency by thousands.

Trump is about to make life hard for government workers

Wow the libs are a bit touchy about suggesting Trump will be a more effective leader than Obama. Look libs he's had 8 years and his biggest win is loathed by the American people. Beyond Obamacare his scorecard is pretty empty. Trump is going to make Obama look a fool you may as well begin dealing with.

Forum List

Back