Trump considers pulling out of US Constitution

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
:happy-1: :scared1:

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Calling it “maybe the worst deal ever,” Donald J. Trump said on Wednesday that he is considering pulling the United States out of the United States Constitution.

“I’ve seen a lot of bad deals in my life, but this Constitution is a total mess,” he said. “We need to tear it up and start over.”

Trump was scathing in his remarks about the two-hundred-and-twenty-nine-year-old document, singling out for special scorn its insistence on three branches of government. “The branches thing is maybe the worst part of this deal,” he said. “The first thing we do when we pull out of the Constitution is get rid of two of those branches.”

He also called the First Amendment “something that really has to go.”

“No one in his right mind would put something like that in a Constitution,” he said. “Russia doesn’t have it. North Korea doesn’t have it. All the best countries don’t have it.”

He stopped short of accusing his predecessor, Barack Obama, of writing the United States Constitution, but said, “He’s working hard behind the scenes trying to save it, because he knows that the Constitution is very, very bad for me.”

Vowing to replace the Constitution with “a new, much, much better Constitution,” he acknowledged that there might be some elements of the original document worth salvaging. “We’re going to keep the Second Amendment,” he said, “and definitely the Fifth.”​

Trump Considering Pulling U.S. Out of Constitution | The New Yorker

I know this is supposed to be satire, but why does it feel like it could be true?

Oh.................that's right................Trump wants to ban the media from the WH.

I know this is supposed to be satire, but why does it feel like it could be true?

Oh.................that's right................Trump wants to ban the media from the WH.

The best satire is ALWAYS grounded in truth :wink:

I find it scary that he only wants to allow news agencies that are favorable to him in the press room. Reporters are supposed to report on everything, not just the stuff that makes Trump look good.

I find it scary that he only wants to allow news agencies that are favorable to him in the press room. Reporters are supposed to report on everything, not just the stuff that makes Trump look good.
Actually, he only wants news agencies that are honest and unbiased. Unfortunately, there seem to be few of them in MSM these days, but don't worry, the President will shake them up and make them honest.

Actually, he only wants news agencies that are honest and unbiased. Unfortunately, there seem to be few of them in MSM these days, but don't worry, the President will shake them up and make them honest.

Bullshit. He only wants news agencies that won't say anything bad about him.

Bullshit, he only wants news agencies that are honest and unbiased, hard to find these days.

It is satire but it's so stupid it sounds like something Trump would do.
Actually, it's so stupid it sounds like something Democrats would think the President would do.

It is satire but it's so stupid it sounds like something Trump would do.

Actually, banning certain news agencies from the press room is something that Trump is actively pursuing.

CNN, New York Times, other media barred from White House briefing
Sounds good. Maybe it will teach them to become less biased.

Bullshit, he only wants news agencies that are honest and unbiased, hard to find these days.

And TRUMP defines what constitutes honest and unbiased?

Bullshit - move to Turkey, Russia or the Philippines.

We all know what it is, but Trump critics like biased news.

So define it for us Einstein - Would that be Breitbart, DailyCaller and Fox-n-Friends, where Donald gets his?

I think they should all get up and walk out the next Sanders lie. I think the media should quit the press room.

So define it for us Einstein - Would that be Breitbart, DailyCaller and Fox-n-Friends, where Donald gets his?
It certainly wouldn't be the Washington Post of NYT or CNN which are obsessed with rumors about Trump's sex life or the Mueller-Rosenstein faux investigation that produces nothing but leaks that lead nowhere.

I think they should all get up and walk out the next Sanders lie. I think the media should quit the press room.

Why anyone bothers with the Chubby Huck Kid at this point is beyond me.

Every answer looks something like this:

"As I've said many times before, I would direct you to the president's outside legal team"

sarah-huckabee-sanders-daughter-of-a-preacher-whose-iob-s-28718617.png

It certainly wouldn't be the Washington Post of NYT or CNN which are obsessed with rumors about Trump's sex life or the Mueller-Rosenstein faux investigation that produces nothing but leaks that lead nowhere.

Sorry but neither you nor Trump gets to define what is fair and what is unfair.

Again - Putin, Erdogan and Duterte are more your style - GO

Why anyone bothers with the Chubby Huck Kid at this point is beyond me.

Every answer looks something like this:

"As I've said many times before, I would direct you to the president's outside legal team"

sarah-huckabee-sanders-daughter-of-a-preacher-whose-iob-s-28718617.png
She does one heck of a good job. If I were her I'd toss some of those nasty ass rude reporters or at the very least ban them from coming back in to the press conferences. If the news agencies can't send decent people with some manners into the White House they don't belong there at all.

Forum List

Back