Trump commutes Rod Blagojevich prison sentence. He gets to go home

This is Trump's idea of "draining the swamp":

WASHINGTON — President Trump has commuted the 14-year prison sentence of former Gov. Rod R. Blagojevich of Illinois, the Democrat who was convicted of trying to essentially sell President Barack Obama’s vacated Senate seat for personal gain, according to a person briefed on the decision.

Trump commutes former Illinois Gov. Blagojevich's sentence
When was Blagojevich ever part of the D.C. swamp?

Today.
A neat trick since he has been in prison.

Trump, drainer of the swamp, is draining the wrong swamp. The Illinois Federal prison. But, that is OK. In spite of the fact the Illinois government officials are complaining that he got the short end of possible sentencing, Trump says that he 'looks like a nice guy". Now, the convicted governor can join in with the club of other convicted Trump lackeys.

Webb Hubbel included ?

Pay for play is a very serious crime. People in Fed prisons are expected to do 85% of their time. Bad move to give a free pass to the dirty politician.

Rod Blagojevich: Ex-Illinois governor to get prison break from Trump
It is a serious crime and no one is denying he deserved to go to prison, but eight years in prison is serious prison time and I fail to see what benefit the public would get from him serving another four years.

He was given a light sentence. Why does he deserve a commuted sentence, exactly?
Governors and presidents have been given the power to commute sentences and pardon crimes as a check on the courts, so the fact that a court imposed a certain sentence doesn't make the court's judgement any more important than the President's. In a high profile case, and especially if the defendant is an important politician, the question is always present, is he being judged as an individual for the quality of his crimes or is he being more or less harshly judged because of political or cultural biases? The people who are opposed to commuting his sentence to time served are arguing that he should stay in prison because Illinois politics is so corrupt and keeping him in prison for four more years would somehow help that situation. President Trump is saying you can't keep him in prison because you see him a a symbol of the corruption in Illinois politics; he is just one man now and eight years is enough time for a few counts of attempted extortion.

Last edited:
According to the article his release date was going to be March 2024 so he served over half his sentence I highly doubt very many would care about this if Trump had not been the one to commute the sentence.

he didn't just try to sell obama's senate seat.

But among the more shocking allegations against Blagojevich was that he wanted a $50,000 contribution from the CEO of the hospital, then known as Children’s Memorial, for backing millions of dollars in state funding for pediatric doctors to treat sick kids across the state of Illinois. The fundraising shakedown was among the criminal counts Blagojevich was found guilty on, reports and records in the case show.

Children’s Hospital Shaken Down By Blagojevich: No Comment On Trump Sentence Commutation

he should have served every day of that sentence in prison.

Trump pardoning a fucking Democrat?

Fuck that, he should have gone the other way and executed the POS corrupt Dimm.

Fuck all Dimms.
Blago got sideways with the democrat swamp reptiles....That's the only reason that guys like him and Jim Traficant ever end up in prison.

Yea, how did he actually get punished? Dimms never do. Not even child molestor Menendez
Jesse Jackson jr must have really pissed off someone behind the curtain....Not even the Right Reverend Daddy could save him.

Blago was on the Apprentice. You have to laugh about Trumpists and their idiocy about the Swamp. This was a pure shithole move. Blago was as corrupt as they come. Trump is all about corruption and doing favors for his friends.
Furthermore, Trump loves his dog and pony shows. Now, when he commutes/pardons his allies, the first words out of his ass tweeting will be how he commuted a democrat's sentence. You can count on that.
But if Blago starts trashing Trump in public.....well dammit, He's JUST BEING A PATRIOTIC AMERICAN!!!
Free speech Bro.

I'm sure you've heard of it.

Blago did 8+ years. Enough time for trying to sell a Senate seat.
You know what is really 'golden' about this clemency?
Trump re-asserts himself that he could give a flying fuck what unhinged Dimms think!
And, so do I!! :fu:

he also shook down a children's hospital for cash so they could get state funding.

Blago was on the Apprentice. You have to laugh about Trumpists and their idiocy about the Swamp. This was a pure shithole move. Blago was as corrupt as they come. Trump is all about corruption and doing favors for his friends.
Furthermore, Trump loves his dog and pony shows. Now, when he commutes/pardons his allies, the first words out of his ass tweeting will be how he commuted a democrat's sentence. You can count on that.
I think Trump likes to feel like a king.

Trump: "Yes, I am Trump the merciful. The peasants will see how merciful I am and love me. Just keep the peasants away and let them eat cheetos".
So no other president has pardoned any felons? Dude, seriously, that’s beyond your normal stupid. Go take a civic’s class and then come back. Your kind of stupid isn’t tolerable

Pay for play is a very serious crime. People in Fed prisons are expected to do 85% of their time. Bad move to give a free pass to the dirty politician.

tRump is a dirty politician. He's trying to main-stream it so he doesn't look so bad.
You REALLY loved this decision, didn't you? It's great to see you acknowledge HOW wonderful our president is. Good for you!
Are ya stupid?

tRump is a dirty politician. He's trying to main-stream it so he doesn't look so bad.
You REALLY loved this decision, didn't you? It's great to see you acknowledge HOW wonderful our president is. Good for you!
Are ya stupid?
Thanks AGAIN for your support of our wonderful president!

Blago did 8+ years. Enough time for trying to sell a Senate seat.
You know what is really 'golden' about this clemency?
Trump re-asserts himself that he could give a flying fuck what unhinged Dimms think!
And, so do I!! :fu:

Good point.

It was only an ATTEMPTED crime, Something that he didn't actually commit, only tried to do.

8 years seems long enough. How much did Jesse Jackson Jr. get for corruption?

they had him dead to rights on a wire tap.

Thats my thought on this.

Pardoning your own associates is damning but it's even more damning if pardoning ONLY your own associates.

That and Trump always seems to have a dirty job for a sleazeball schycophant.

Forum List

Back