Trump and the average Joe

eddiew37

Gold Member
Nov 25, 2016
Placing voting returns alongside President-elect Donald Trump's tax plan documents a remarkable paradox of 2016.
Trump won the presidency by rallying middle-American working-class whites against coastal elites. But his tax-cut plan directly benefits those coastal elites much more.
How much more? An analysis of Census Bureau income data prepared for CNBC by the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities makes it clear.
Tax experts across the political spectrum agree that the plan Trump has proposed would benefit the richest Americans the most.
The left-leaning Tax Policy Center estimates that the lowest 20 percent of taxpayers would see their incomes increase by an average of $110, an increase of 0.8 percent. The middle 20 percent would receive $1,010, a 1.8 percent increase. The top 20 percent, would see $16,660, or a 6.6 percent increase; within that group, the top 1 percent would receive $214,690, or 13.5 percent.
Using "dynamic scoring" estimates Republicans favor, the more conservative Tax Foundation still shows the greatest benefits at the top. In the Foundation's model, the lowest 20 percent of taxpayers would see after-tax incomes rise by 6.9 percent to 8.1 percent, depending on how the Trump administration resolves ambiguities about some features of its plan. The middle 20 percent would get 7.7 percent to 9 percent. The top 20 percent would get 8.7 percent to 12.3 percent, and the top 1 percent would see a 12.2 percent-19.9 percent boost in after-tax income.
Mod edit: Added link to your source

Trump's tax paradox: Middle America won't benefit as much as coastal elites

-----------------------------------

HAHAHAHAHA...!!!:)>)!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course the people at the top are going to see the largest increases in after tax income because they are paying the vast majority of taxes already. It's like the class warriors have all flunked third grade math or something.

Until Trump is in office and Congress puts together an actual plan that can be analyzed, we don't know what's going to happen. If the Tax Foundation's figures are correct then those are pretty good numbers. The average person only sees about a 2% increase in their yearly income as it stands today.

In a moral universe those who benefit most from a society should contribute their fair share. Tax propaganda has been so well drilled into the heads of the right wing in America they fail to see how immoral the system is. And Trump doesn't care about the lower classes unless his entire life has been a lie.

"There is no historical evidence that tax cuts spur economic growth. The highest period of growth in U.S. history (1933-1973) also saw its highest tax rates on the rich: 70 to 91 percent. During this period, the general tax rate climbed as well, but it reached a plateau in 1969, and growth slowed down five years later. Almost all rich nations have higher general taxes than the U.S., and they are growing faster as well." Tax cuts spur economic growth Tax cuts spur economic growth

The Obama Boom

Newsflash: Ronald Reagan Raised Taxes (You Idiots) | Firedoglake

"The national infatuation with pointless defense spending has generated expenditures that are utterly out of control. Spending rose gradually at first from its 1995 low, then soared after the terrorist attacks of 2001, reaching a high of $653 billion for fiscal year 2009 with no end in sight as the major presidential candidates had pledged to further increase the Pentagon's budget. They made these promises despite the fact that the United States at that time spent more on defense than all the rest of the world put together. China, the second most heavily armed state, had a military budget one-tenth the size of America's. Even the gigantic U.S. figure grossly underestimates the real costs of maintaining a bloated military establishment. The War Resisters League, a pacifist organization and therefore hardly impartial, compiled an interesting analysis of the full costs in fiscal year 2009 using official government publications. It is entitled "Where Your Income Tax Money Really Goes" and can be found on the organization's website, www.warresisters.org/pages/piechart.htm. As we have seen, the Pentagon's books are impossible to audit, but using publications from the Congressional Budget Office and other sources the League was able to paint a better and darker picture than one finds in most discussions of military costs." pps 387,388 'A Bubble in Time: America During the Interwar Years, 1989-2001' by William L. O'Neill
https://www.warresisters.org/resources/wrl-pie-chart-flyers-where-your-income-tax-money-really-goes
Here’s Where Your Tax Dollars Go

Of course the people at the top are going to see the largest increases in after tax income because they are paying the vast majority of taxes already. It's like the class warriors have all flunked third grade math or something.

Until Trump is in office and Congress puts together an actual plan that can be analyzed, we don't know what's going to happen. If the Tax Foundation's figures are correct then those are pretty good numbers. The average person only sees about a 2% increase in their yearly income as it stands today.
Come on Taz The wealthy are getting away with murder Their wealth has increased greatly while the middle class got zippo Case in point the chump hasn;t paid taxes in 20 years and is afraid to show his returns Great choice from the idiots that gave us GWB

Stop plagiarizing
Shut up sassy You don't like what I post Pass me by

I passed by you long ago, toad. Plagiarizing is wrong, besides I read it and knew you never came up with it, too many big words
Go grab some pussy sassy It's all you republicans are good for FEEL PROUD voting the same way the KKK did??? Bet you do

Just stop, toad. You're just butthurt and it shows

Stop plagiarizing
Shut up sassy You don't like what I post Pass me by

I passed by you long ago, toad. Plagiarizing is wrong, besides I read it and knew you never came up with it, too many big words
Go grab some pussy sassy It's all you republicans are good for FEEL PROUD voting the same way the KKK did??? Bet you do

Just stop, toad. You're just butthurt and it shows
I should be happy??? a scumbag like chump is going to be our president and he won over hill who had more bullshit thrown at her in 30 years that a herd of bulls could make in 10 years ? Be proud, your scum stand with the KKK

Forum List

Back