Trump - "Am I morally obligated to defend the president every time somebody says something bad....

[QUOTE="Andylusion, post: 12410001, member: 47022]
You can't prevent something that has already started.
[/quote]

It is possible to stop something that started. Like Obama got us out of Afghanistan, Iraq. Stopped the Bush Tax cuts and now the economy is healing.

If you are expecting Bush to find a time machine, go back to 1997, and then somehow stop Clinton from enacting a policy to "encourage home ownership" you are crazy.
[/quote]
Nobody is expecting a time machine. Dumbass.

If you really expect him to prevent a bubble that started before he came into office, then you are no longer evil. You are simply too dumb to have this conversation.

No president controls the economy. It's not the first time, or last time. Presidents can only screw up an economy. They can't create it.

China just figured that out. They did everything they could to stop the market from tanking, and then found out... oops... nothing we can do, but wait until it fixes itself. Yes all presidents are powerless. The economy doesn't happen because some guy on capital hill puts in place the "good economy policy". That's a myth.
[/QUOTE]

Strange...about 8 posts ago, you were guaranteeing us that if Hillary was elected, she would destroy the nation. Now here we are 8 posts later, and you're NOW saying the President has no control whatsoever.

So which is it?

Perhaps I'll buy you a mirror so you can debate yourself while seated on the short bus.

Nothing much more worth responding to. I just kicked your ass once again.

It is possible to stop something that started. Like Obama got us out of Afghanistan, Iraq. Stopped the Bush Tax cuts and now the economy is healing.

Strange...about 8 posts ago, you were guaranteeing us that if Hillary was elected, she would destroy the nation. Now here we are 8 posts later, and you're NOW saying the President has no control whatsoever.

So which is it?

Perhaps I'll buy you a mirror so you can debate yourself while seated on the short bus.

Yes, you can stop a war, which is why we're back in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

No, you can not stop an economic bubble. You really don't understand that? Really? Then you are disqualified from the debate. You simply don't know enough.

Once a bubble starts, people buy into the bubble, because it's a bubble. They know the price will go up. There is nothing you can do to stop a bubble. What are you going to do? Outlaw buying homes? And even then, the result would be the bubble explodes, and the economy crashes. So you really didn't stop it, you just blew up the economy sooner. Of course, you and I both know, that you lying bits of human trash, would be screaming that Bush crashed the economy right now, if Bush had done that. So why would he intentionally burst the bubble, knowing you'd attack him over it? Why would anyone?

Further, my posts did not contradict themselves. You really don't get this do you.

"No president controls the economy. It's not the first time, or last time. Presidents can only screw up an economy. They can't create it."

Every president can screw up the economy. Government has unlimited ability to screw up the economy. My whole point in showing the evidence that Clinton through Freddie Mac, encouraged, even sued banks to make sub-prime loans is proof they can screw up the economy.

But fixing the economy, no government has the ability to fix the economy.

If I refuse to work, and refuse to buy, and refuse to sell... there is nothing the government can do about it.

The economy grows when average people, work, produce, buy, and sell. That's essentially what the entire economy is about.

The only thing government can do, is get in the way, or encourage bad things.

So which is it?

Wrong again.

No, you can not stop an economic bubble. You really don't understand that? Really? Then you are disqualified from the debate. You simply don't know enough.
Yet here you are trying to convince us that the President has total power, then has no power, but has power to do some things but can't do others.

You've been all over the map. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Once a bubble starts, people buy into the bubble, because it's a bubble. They know the price will go up. There is nothing you can do to stop a bubble. What are you going to do? Outlaw buying homes? And even then, the result would be the bubble explodes, and the economy crashes. So you really didn't stop it, you just blew up the economy sooner.
You force banks and lenders to have more hard currency on hand before they lend more money. Thus reducing what they call exposure. When you do that, the money supply that people are using to get loans when they have zero credit history dries up. Once that dries up, you have fewer unqualified borrowers that will be victimized.

That is how you deflate a bubble before it bursts.

Of course, you and I both know, that you lying bits of human trash, would be screaming that Bush crashed the economy right now, if Bush had done that.
Bush did crash the economy and caused the recession.

Further, my posts did not contradict themselves.
You've argued with yourself more than you've argued with me. That takes a special type of "talent". All you've done is hurl insults at me which, of course, mean zilch there Short Bus.

"Encourage bad things." Wow, if that is your vocabulary I think you probably missed the short bus more than you've caught it.

Thanks for playing, Check please.

trump-warrior.jpg

CMur99uWgAAv6bJ.jpg

CKstN8gW8AA8u74.jpg

So which is it?

Wrong again.

Yet here you are trying to convince us that the President has total power, then has no power, but has power to do some things but can't do others.

Once a bubble starts, people buy into the bubble, because it's a bubble. They know the price will go up. There is nothing you can do to stop a bubble. What are you going to do? Outlaw buying homes? And even then, the result would be the bubble explodes, and the economy crashes. So you really didn't stop it, you just blew up the economy sooner.
You force banks and lenders to have more hard currency on hand before they lend more money. Thus reducing what they call exposure. When you do that, the money supply that people are using to get loans when they have zero credit history dries up. Once that dries up, you have fewer unqualified borrowers that will be victimized.

Of course, you and I both know, that you lying bits of human trash, would be screaming that Bush crashed the economy right now, if Bush had done that.

You've argued with yourself more than you've argued with me. That takes a special type of "talent". All you've done is hurl insults at me which, of course, mean zilch there Short Bus.

"Encourage bad things." Wow, if that is your vocabulary I think you probably missed the short bus more than you've caught it.

No, I'm not wrong. And you know it. That's why you can't argue with it. I never said government can't make things worse. I just said they can't force them to be better. I haven't been all over the place. You have.

lol... oh silly. The moment you dry up new loans, then the housing prices will stall out. When that happens people who purchased homes with the intent to sell them at a profit, will start to sell off as quickly as they can to try and break even. Instead, the price will crash.

There is absolutely no way to 'deflate' a bubble once it's going. The only possible outcome is a crash. That's why it's who caused the bubble to start with, that matters. 1997 baby. That's when it started.

No, Clinton did. Bush did not cause the bubble that started before he was in office. You can't even pin him promoting it, because he wasn't in Congress.

And no, I've destroyed your arguments. You can't even answer anything I've said, except to repeat your lies.

Too bad babe. Game over. You can leave now. Obviously you haven't had anything to add to this conversation in 5 posts.

A post on Conservative Treehouse ^ | September 26, 2015 at 4:46 am

I just love this picture….

In the photo above, Trump is all by himself – leaving a powerful enemy in flames. How symbolic that he’s alone – as the entire GOP, Democrat Party, and media turn on him. But now I’m seeing a different picture, where he’s not alone. There is an army in the smoke behind him.

Start from the top. The disabled vet, holding his fake VA waiting number, which he now realizes is a waiting number to get on the real waiting list. Behind him – tens of thousands more just like him – and thousands still more who died waiting – ghosts whose voices are now being heard, through us.

A naval officer – relieved of duty because he refused to stand down when ordered. And 4 ghosts behind him, along with hundreds of pilots and seamen who were denied the chance to do their jobs. And behind them – thousands of patriotic men and women who have left a military which no longer is allowed to do its job. Behind them – millions who are waiting for a REAL president, before they’ll even think about joining.

To their side – thousands of scientists, engineers and programmers – laid off of their jobs – but only after they were forced to train their replacements – overseas and as H1B imports.

Next to them – millions of immigrants – most of them Hispanic – who played by the rules to come to America, only to watch their hard-won citizenship devalued to nothing, by traitors who equate their proud LEGAL status with people who not only refuse to play by the rules, but who have the chutzpah to cry racism while begging for racial favoritism.

Millions who lost their pensions. Their retirements. Their health care. Their full-time jobs. True – they did get that job selling fast food – until they lost even that to illegal aliens.

In the mist – millions of dead Jews – the ghosts of the Holocaust – who watch the very lives of their own children and grandchildren bargained away, so that greedy Uniparty members and their crony-cap backers can cash in on the big payday, which they give to men who swear to wipe Jews from the face of the earth.

Should I go on? Why not? How about millions of black Americans, who can’t find jobs, while immigrants both legal and illegal pour into their neighborhoods, taking whatever jobs there are?

But it gets better! How about the crying families of THOUSANDS of Americans murdered, raped, beaten, robbed, and run down by illegal aliens who should have never even been here in the first place?

And next to them, cops shot in cold blood, for lies that the men and women of Congress don’t even dare to speak of, and which the Presidents sycophants in the media won’#8217;t even report.

And we might as well let all the dead Christians and Yazidis in the Middle East join the army, too, because if both the Democrats and Republicans would have done their job and impeached Obama, they would still be alive.

And to finish it off, floating overhead, an air force of angels from horizon to horizon. What are they – this massive legion? Why, they are boys and girls who were never born – “Dead Emily’s List”, you might say – led by a young girl who would have been named Emily. Every one slaughtered for their body parts by Planned Parenthood.

Go ahead. Laugh at Trump. Make hideous cartoons about killing him. But bear this in mind. He is just the guy on point. There are millions more behind him, who are ready to pick up his gun if he should fall. And Trump is not nearly as pissed as the rest. Not even close.

So which is it?

Wrong again.

No, I'm not wrong. And you know it. That's why you can't argue with it. I never said government can't make things worse. I just said they can't force them to be better. I haven't been all over the place. You have.
First you said Bush was powerless to stop the "bubble". I pointed out what he should have done. So yes, you were wrong about that.

This was after you said that President Clinton (Hillary) would ruin the nation. I pointed out that if one president is powerless then the others would be powerless; power is not a fluid commodity with Presidents. I ponited out that they have the same powers. You've been squealing like a little bitch since then.

Seriously, you should quit while you're just a punchine before I make a complete joke out of you.

So which is it?

Wrong again.

First you said Bush was powerless to stop the "bubble". I pointed out what he should have done. So yes, you were wrong about that.

This was after you said that President Clinton (Hillary) would ruin the nation. I pointed out that if one president is powerless then the others would be powerless; power is not a fluid commodity with Presidents. I ponited out that they have the same powers. You've been squealing like a little bitch since then.

Seriously, you should quit while you're just a punchine before I make a complete joke out of you.
ncVEZE2.jpg

So which is it?

Wrong again.

No, you pointed out what you think he should have done. Peachy. Fact is, it would not have done anything, except cause the crash sooner.

The only joke here is your posts. And every single post you make that contains nothing but insults and hearsay, while I destroy it with the absolute facts, makes you a bigger joke.

The only whiner here, is the one who keeps trying to insist they made a point, when "you contradicted yourself, even though I can't prove it" is all you can come up with.

I never said they were powerless to harm things. I said they were harmless to make them better. Do you understand a concept called "context"? When you say "he should have improved the economy", and I reply "he's powerless to make the economy better".... no one would conclude he was powerless to make it worse. Only a whiny person who says others are a punchline over and over, because they have no point, would assume I meant that.

What idiot doesn't realize government can screw up the economy? Apparently you are naive enough to think that. Pretty sad. Grow up hon. Little girl way out of her league.

One could argue Clinton had a part to play, but many others did as well if we go down that path.

So which is it?

Wrong again.

No, you pointed out what you think he should have done. Peachy. Fact is, it would not have done anything, except cause the crash sooner.
So tens of thousands of people who would have not had loans they couldn't pay back would have been spared the black mark on their credit, having to re-locate, etc...

If a crash doesn't happen because tens of thousands fewer people are effected...is it still a crash? No.

Bush was asleep at the switch, trusted banks to regulate themselves, and they of course became predatory. Happens every time you get rid of regulations.

You have to be particularly ignorant not to know this.

The only joke here is your posts. And every single post you make that contains nothing but insults and hearsay, while I destroy it with the absolute facts, makes you a bigger joke.
Thanks for another reason to chuckle.

You're living proof that the world can take a joke.

The only whiner here, is the one who keeps trying to insist they made a point, when "you contradicted yourself, even though I can't prove it" is all you can come up with.

I never said they were powerless to harm things. I said they were harmless to make them better.
"I said they were harmless to make them better"?

Wow... Is there a road map that goes along with that phrase?
It makes just as much sense as anything else you've posted....zero.

Anyone who argues Clinton causes the recession is truly delusional.

Anyone that ignores the facts, is intentionally delusional. :)
Sorry, your delusions and self proclaimed genius aren't facts.

Oh no, I'm no genius. I quite possibly am the least intelligent on the forum. As much as I joke around with Candy, she's likely far smarter than I will ever be.

That said... the fact are still the facts, and she is still wrong, and so are you.

Wrong again.

So tens of thousands of people who would have not had loans they couldn't pay back would have been spared the black mark on their credit, having to re-locate, etc...

If a crash doesn't happen because tens of thousands fewer people are effected...is it still a crash? No.

Bush was asleep at the switch, trusted banks to regulate themselves, and they of course became predatory. Happens every time you get rid of regulations.

You have to be particularly ignorant not to know this.

Thanks for another reason to chuckle.

You're living proof that the world can take a joke.

I never said they were powerless to harm things. I said they were harmless to make them better.
"I said they were harmless to make them better"?

Wow... Is there a road map that goes along with that phrase?
It makes just as much sense as anything else you've posted....zero.

That's assumption again. First off, most mortgage originators make the mortgages to sell. Forcing them to have more hard currency on hand, will slow them down only for a moment. Then they sell those mortgages off.

Second, even before the crash, our lending requirements where higher than in other countries which didn't have any problems. Canada for example. So having higher capital requirements likely wouldn't have slowed them down much.

Third, you keep forgetting that we spent 6 years suing banks to make these loans. The idea that you are going to undo 6 years of institutional force, with a policy of "you need more cash now", is ridiculous. Once sub-prime loans were legitimized, only a crash that delegitimizes them would wake the market up to the risk.

I highly doubt your idea would have done anything at all. I doubt there would be even a thousand fewer people with loans.

I never said Bush was not asleep at the switch. I said Bush had no reason to flip the switch. Anyone as president wouldn't have flipped that switch. That's assuming anyone even knew to throw the switch. Bush was concerned with Fannie and Freddie, and so where many others. But very few understood there was a housing bubble in progress, and certainly fewer in government. Most of the people thought the governments housing policy was a huge success.

But regardless, politicians are politicians. Any president in office in the 2000s, had zero incentive to blow up the economy, and every incentive to hope the bubble doesn't pop until they get out of office. Why you think Bush would be any different is beyond me.

Again, that's why you have to look at the cause of the problem, and what policies created the problem. Not whoever just happened to be in office when the problem exploded.

Forum List

Back