True Stimulus

I didn't say anything about retractions. You don't know what the insurance exchange is, do you? You may think you have read this [not yet a bill] but you sure don't understand it. I don't think you read it at all.

Please explain how the commissioner is going to specify what is covered? When it specifically states that in explicit terms in the bill.
Right from the Bill's text...
A BILL
To provide affordable, quality health care for all Americans
and reduce the growth in health care spending, and
for other purposes.

Your intended link is not a link. I am specifically specifying this explicitly to you.

uh........that is the proposed bill, it hasn't been voted out of committee yet and therefore has not been ratified by the House. When the HOUSE ratifies it, it is a bill.

I know it says "BILL" on it, all proposed bills do.

uh........that is the proposed bill, it hasn't been voted out of committee yet and therefore has not been ratified by the House. When the HOUSE ratifies it, it is a bill.

So now it is a bill?

So now it is a bill?
http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_(proposed_law)
A bill is a proposed new law introduced within a legislature that has not been adopted. Once a bill has become law, it is thereafter an act; but in popular usage the two terms are often treated as if they meant the same.

Now where does that say it has to be voted out of committee?

I didn't say anything about retractions. You don't know what the insurance exchange is, do you? You may think you have read this [not yet a bill] but you sure don't understand it. I don't think you read it at all.

Before you tell me what I have or haven't read, why don't you get a clear understanding of what this is, which is a bill.

If it hasn't made it out of the committee then the committee has not voted on it yet. If it makes it out of committee then the House has to vote on it, then it becomes a bill, or not, if it doesn't get enough votes, then it goes to the President and he signs it into law, or vetoes it.

standunder?

If it hasn't made it out of the committee then the committee has not voted on it yet. If it makes it out of committee then the House has to vote on it, then it becomes a bill, or not, if it doesn't get enough votes, then it goes to the President and he signs it into law, or vetoes it.

standunder?

Moron...a bill is proposed legislation period.
Bill Definition | Definition of Bill at Dictionary.com
bill
3. Government. a form or draft of a proposed statute presented to a legislature, but not yet enacted or passed and made law.

standunder?

Damn did you take Civics in middle school, if a bill doesn't receive enough votes it doesn't go to the President. Even if it does receive enough votes in the House, it would go to the Senate first.

Believe me jr, it hasn't made it out of committee yet.......you can wiki-webster yourself to death, but a bill is something the House has to ratify, that's why it's called HR3200. That means: House Resolution 3200 as written so far by that committee. I don't even think they've finished adding and subtracting to the thing yet, it's yet to be ratified by the committee.

I haven't met anyone that wants to argue that it's a finished product yet and insists it's actually a bill already.

Believe me jr, it hasn't made it out of committee yet.......you can wiki-webster yourself to death, but a bill is something the House has to ratify, that's why it's called HR3200. That means: House Resolution 3200 as written so far by that committee. I don't even think they've finished adding and subtracting to the thing yet, it's yet to be ratified by the committee.

I haven't met anyone that wants to argue that it's a finished product yet and insists it's actually a bill already.

A bill is proposed legislation period, it doesn't have to be ratified by committee. Show me in the dictionary definition or the wiki post where it says that a committee has to ratify it to be a bill.

If the committee doesn't ratify it, it goes to the round file.

Exactly, as a failed bill or resolution, the same thing. A resolution is a bill that is only concerned with the operation of one house of Congress.

You're missing the point, it's not finished and not signed, therefore it is not yet a bill. The committee hasn't voted it out yet.

You're missing the point, it's not finished and not signed, therefore it is not yet a bill. The committee hasn't voted it out yet.

A bill is any proposed legislation, show me by a link that this is not true then I will admit you are right. If not then your thinking a piece of legislation needs committee approval to become a bill is flawed. I have showed clearly that any proposed legislation is indeed a bill.

Why are you wasting your time arguing semantics? Who the fuck cares whether it's a bill or a resolution?

If this moron doesn't understand that this is a bill when it clearly states it is a bill in the bill. Then obviously he doesn't have an understanding of the legislative process that it would take for this to become an act.

To which post jr took umbrage went off on a tangent......never to return.

If this moron doesn't understand that this is a bill when it clearly states it is a bill in the bill. Then obviously he doesn't have an understanding of the legislative process that it would take for this to become an act.

Yes she does.:lol:

To which post jr took umbrage went off on a tangent......never to return.

Yes she does.:lol:

Where's the link?

Forum List

Back