True Stimulus

jreeves

Feb 12, 2008
Hmmm....wonder if this will help the economy?
The Associated Press: 3,900 stimulus checks went to prison inmates
The federal government sent about 3,900 economic stimulus payments of $250 each this spring to people who were in no position to use the money to help stimulate the economy: prison inmates.

The checks were part of the massive economic recovery package approved by Congress and President Barack Obama in February. About 52 million Social Security recipients, railroad retirees and those receiving Supplemental Security Income were eligible for the one-time checks.

Prison inmates are generally ineligible for federal benefits. However, 2,200 of the inmates who received checks got to keep them because, under the law, they were eligible, said Mark Lassiter, a spokesman for the Social Security Administration. They were eligible because they weren't incarcerated in any of the three months before the recovery package was enacted.

"The law specified that any beneficiary eligible for a Social Security benefit during one of those months was eligible for the recovery payment," Lassiter said.

The other 1,700 checks? That was a mistake.

And these idiots want to run your health care....:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

how would they be RUNNING your health care?

what does RUNNING mean jr? regulating it, or owning it, as in gvt assets owning all hospitals and all doctors get a gvt pay check? or running it, as in, running medicare?

what does RUNNING mean jr? regulating it, or owning it, as in gvt assets owning all hospitals and all doctors get a gvt pay check? or running it, as in, running medicare?

Like I said in a previous thread a czar will dictate what coverage you will be provided. That is what is meant by run....

Like I said in a previous thread a czar will dictate what coverage you will be provided. That is what is meant by run....

How is setting a minimum level of coverage "running it"?

That isn't the only thing the czar will establish.

Yea......tell us about the Death Panels

How about the actual language from the bill?

(a) IN GENERAL.—The Commissioner shall specify
6 the benefits to be made available under Exchange-partici7
pating health benefits plans during each plan year, con8
sistent with subtitle C of title I and this section.

Hmm...

Yea......tell us about the Death Panels

How about the actual language from the bill?

(a) IN GENERAL.—The Commissioner shall specify
6 the benefits to be made available under Exchange-partici7
pating health benefits plans during each plan year, con8
sistent with subtitle C of title I and this section.

Hmm...

Where does that specify Death panels?

running it ... either get covered or get fined for starters.

This czar will determine what coverage you and I will get.

The Czar and a panel will set minimum requirements on what a policy can offer, you mean........

Argue with the bill...

Here's what it states...

The Commissioner shall specify
6 the benefits to be made available
under Exchange-partici7
pating health benefits plans during each plan year

It states way more than that. Do you know what the intent is and what the exchange is?

The Czar and a panel will set minimum requirements on what a policy can offer, you mean........

Argue with the bill...

Here's what it states...

under Exchange-partici7

It states way more than that. Do you know what the intent is and what the exchange is?

The key words are "made available"
You will have choices in the coverage that will be provided to you.

Argue with the bill...

Here's what it states...

under Exchange-partici7

The key words are "made available"
You will have choices in the coverage that will be provided to you.

That's the reason this bill states that the commissioner will specify the benefits correct?:eusa_whistle:

Well actually it means more than that according to the section jr posted. That is the part where the policies are all broken down to brass tacks and you can compare/contrast the provisions in plain language so you can choose one you like......

Well actually it means more than that according to the section jr posted. That is the part where the policies are all broken down to brass tacks and you can compare/contrast the provisions in plain language so you can choose one you like......

How so, and please show me where in the bill it retracts the powers spelled out in Sec. 203?

I didn't say anything about retractions. You don't know what the insurance exchange is, do you? You may think you have read this [not yet a bill] but you sure don't understand it. I don't think you read it at all.

Forum List

Back