True Stimulus

This czar will determine what coverage you and I will get.

The Czar and a panel will set minimum requirements on what a policy can offer, you mean........

Argue with the bill...

Here's what it states...

The Commissioner shall specify
6 the benefits to be made available
under Exchange-partici7
pating health benefits plans during each plan year

Funny how you chop off "consistent with subtitle C of title I and this section.", which totally changes the meaning from what you're claiming.

You're missing the point, it's not finished and not signed, therefore it is not yet a bill. The committee hasn't voted it out yet.

I think it is a 'proposed' Bill from a House Committee, that has not been brought to the floor of the house to be debated or amended, or voted on yet? or something like that???

:)

There's a link to you not reading the bill?

Moron..
where's the link showing that a piece of legislation needs committee approval to become a bill? Evidently when the bill states it is a bill you have a hard time comprehending that, but that really isn't surprising.:eusa_whistle:

Like I stated before a commissioner/czar will specify what your benefits will be, that's what the bill states. :lol:

Moron..
where's the link showing that a piece of legislation needs committee approval to become a bill? Evidently when the bill states it is a bill you have a hard time comprehending that, but that really isn't surprising.:eusa_whistle:

Like I stated before a commissioner/czar will specify what your benefits will be, that's what the bill states. :lol:

It's not finished yet, or maybe it is, we have no way of knowing what's in it until they vote on it. How many times has it been complained that so and so stuck something in there after midnight and nobody read it..yada, yada blah.......

The commissioner/czar will determine what minimum coverage is. He and the panel will also decide what language means what for the purpose of detangling policy verbiage so that all policies can be compared in an easy to understand basis. IOW, there shall be no ambiguity as to the terms used when comparing policies. This is also applied for EOL provisions and to establish protocols for making the database work.

any OFFICIAL Bill that makes it out of the various committees and to the actual floor of the House for debate by the full house and a vote will have an HR 111-XX NUMBER on it....hr3200 is NOT an official number for a House bill that will be voted on....

this is the one hundred and eleventh congress and an official house bill that is voted on will have HR 111- in it, with another number afterwards.

this is what has been said about hr3200...

H. R. 3200

To provide affordable, quality health care for all Americans and reduce the growth in health care spending, and for other purposes.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

July 14, 2009

Mr. DINGELL (for himself, Mr. RANGEL, Mr. WAXMAN, Mr. GEORGE MILLER of California, Mr. STARK, Mr. PALLONE, and Mr. ANDREWS) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Energy and Commerce, and in addition to the Committees on Ways and Means, Education and Labor, Oversight and Government Reform, and the Budget, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned

Moron..

It's not finished yet, or maybe it is, we have no way of knowing what's in it until they vote on it. How many times has it been complained that so and so stuck something in there after midnight and nobody read it..yada, yada blah.......

The commissioner/czar will determine what minimum coverage is. He and the panel will also decide what language means what for the purpose of detangling policy verbiage so that all policies can be compared in an easy to understand basis. IOW, there shall be no ambiguity as to the terms used when comparing policies. This is also applied for EOL provisions and to establish protocols for making the database work.

It specifically states the commissioner will specify what the benefits will be.

The Czar and a panel will set minimum requirements on what a policy can offer, you mean........

Argue with the bill...

Here's what it states...

under Exchange-partici7

Funny how you chop off "consistent with subtitle C of title I and this section.", which totally changes the meaning from what you're claiming.

You must have missed post #7 which stated...

How about the actual language from the bill?

(a) IN GENERAL.—The Commissioner shall specify
6 the benefits to be made available under Exchange-partici7
pating health benefits plans during each plan year, con8
sistent with subtitle C of title I and this section.

Hmm...

Now do tell how that changes the powers of the commissioner?

any OFFICIAL Bill that makes it out of the various committees and to the actual floor of the House for debate by the full house and a vote will have an HR 111-XX NUMBER on it....hr3200 is NOT an official number for a House bill that will be voted on....

this is the one hundred and eleventh congress and an official house bill that is voted on will have HR 111- in it, with another number afterwards.

this is what has been said about hr3200...

H. R. 3200

To provide affordable, quality health care for all Americans and reduce the growth in health care spending, and for other purposes.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

July 14, 2009

Mr. DINGELL (for himself, Mr. RANGEL, Mr. WAXMAN, Mr. GEORGE MILLER of California, Mr. STARK, Mr. PALLONE, and Mr. ANDREWS) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Energy and Commerce, and in addition to the Committees on Ways and Means, Education and Labor, Oversight and Government Reform, and the Budget, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned

Are you stating that this is not a bill?

Argue with the bill...

Here's what it states...

under Exchange-partici7

Hmm...

what is subtitle c of title 1 jreeves?

the czar is responsible for SPECIFYING, clearly, on the Exchange, the participating insurance company's qualifying insurance plans that meet the minimum requirements of CONGRESS that are in this bill, so that ALL the different policies are in an apples to apple comparison format is my understanding of this clause?

care

Hmm...

the czar is responsible for SPECIFYING, clearly, on the Exchange, the participating insurance company's qualifying insurance plans that meet the minimum requirements of CONGRESS that are in this bill, so that ALL the different policies are in an apples to apple comparison format is my understanding of this clause?

care

Yes and there is also a provision that if a state has laws that are more stringent, they will be listed according to the laws of that state. IOW, if a state has higher minimum requirements, then the commissioner shall honor those.

Hmm...

care

Subtitle C of title 1

What this section is referring to..

(2) EXCHANGE-PARTICIPATING HEALTH BENE4
FITS PLANS.—In the case of an Exchange-partici5
pating health benefits plan, such plan is required
6 under section 203 to provide specified levels of bene7
fits and, in the case of a plan offering a premium8
plus level of benefits, provide additional benefits.

Last edited:

Hmm...

care

Subtitle C of title 1 is the establishment of benefit levels of plans. How does that change the Czar's powers as far as specifying what benefits are for each of the levels?

what?

subtitle c

H.R. 3200/Division A/Title I/Subtitle C - Wikisource

SUBTITLE C — STANDARDS GUARANTEEING ACCESSS TO ESSENTIAL BENEFITS
Contents
[hide]

* 1 SUBTITLE C — STANDARDS GUARANTEEING ACCESSS TO ESSENTIAL BENEFITS
o 1.1 Sec. 121. Coverage of Essential Benefits Package.
o 1.2 Sec. 122. Essential Benefits Package Defined.
o 1.3 Sec. 123. Health Benefits Advisory Committee.
o 1.4 Sec. 124. Process for Adoption of Recommendations; Adoption of Benefit Standards.

[edit] Sec. 121. Coverage of Essential Benefits Package.

(a) In General.—

A qualified health benefits plan shall provide coverage that at least meets the benefit standards adopted under section 124 for the essential benefits package described in section 122 for the plan year involved.

(b) Choice of Coverage.—

(1) Non-exchange-participating Health Benefits Plans.—

In the case of a qualified health benefits plan that is not an Exchange-participating health benefits plan, such plan may offer such coverage in addition to the essential benefits package as the QHBP offering entity may specify.

(2) Exchange-participating Health Benefits Plans.—

In the case of an Exchange-participating health benefits plan, such plan is required under section 203 to provide specified levels of benefits and, in the case of a plan offering a premium-plus level of benefits, provide additional benefits.

(3) Continuation of Offering of Separate Excepted Benefits Coverage.—

Nothing in this division shall be construed as affecting the offering of health benefits in the form of excepted benefits (described in section 102(b)(1)(B)(ii)) if such benefits are offered under a separate policy, contract, or certificate of insurance.

(c) No Restrictions on Coverage Unrelated to Clinical Appropriateness.—

A qualified health benefits plan may not impose any restriction (other than cost-sharing) unrelated to clinical appropriateness on the coverage of the health care items and services.

Last edited:

Hmm...

care

Subtitle C of title 1

What this section is referring to..

(2) EXCHANGE-PARTICIPATING HEALTH BENE4
FITS PLANS.—In the case of an Exchange-partici5
pating health benefits plan, such plan is required
6 under section 203 to provide specified levels of bene7
fits and, in the case of a plan offering a premium8
plus level of benefits, provide additional benefits.

As far as minimum coverage...

MINIMUM SERVICES TO BE COVERED.—The
20 items and services described in this subsection are the fol21
lowing:
22 (1) Hospitalization.
23 (2) Outpatient hospital and outpatient clinic
24 services, including emergency department services.
(3) Professional services of physicians and other
2 health professionals.
3 (4) Such services, equipment, and supplies inci4
dent to the services of a physician’s or a health pro5
fessional’s delivery of care in institutional settings,
6 physician offices, patients’ homes or place of resi7
dence, or other settings, as appropriate.
8 (5) Prescription drugs.
9 (6) Rehabilitative and habilitative services.
10 (7) Mental health and substance use disorder
11 services.
12 (8) Preventive services, including those services
13 recommended with a grade of A or B by the Task
14 Force on Clinical Preventive Services and those vac15
cines recommended for use by the Director of the
16 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
17 (9) Maternity care.
18 (10) Well baby and well child care and oral
19 health, vision, and hearing services, equipment, and
20 supplies at least for children under 21 years of age.

Very general terms are used in this subsection, the Czar/commissioner could determine things associated with these medical services are not to be covered and still be compliant with Subtitle C of title 1.

care

Subtitle C of title 1 is the establishment of benefit levels of plans. How does that change the Czar's powers as far as specifying what benefits are for each of the levels?

what?
You will notice that I edited my original post.

[edit] Sec. 124. Process for Adoption of Recommendations; Adoption of Benefit Standards.

(a) Process for Adoption of Recommendations.—

(1) Review of recommended standards.—

Not later than 45 days after the date of receipt of benefit standards recommended under section 123 (including such standards as modified under paragraph (2)(B)), the Secretary shall review such standards and shall determine whether to propose adoption of such standards as a package.

(2) Determination to Adopt Standards.—

If the Secretary determines—

(A) to propose adoption of benefit standards so recommended as a package, the Secretary shall, by regulation under section 553 of title 5, United States Code, propose adoption such standards; or

(B) not to propose adoption of such standards as a package, the Secretary shall notify the Health Benefits Advisory Committee in writing of such determination and the reasons for not proposing the adoption of such recommendation and provide the Committee with a further opportunity to modify its previous recommendations and submit new recommendations to the Secretary on a timely basis.

(3) Contingency.—

If, because of the application of paragraph (2)(B), the Secretary would otherwise be unable to propose initial adoption of such recommended standards by the deadline specified in subsection (b)(1), the Secretary shall, by regulation under section 553 of title 5, United States Code, propose adoption of initial benefit standards by such deadline.

(4) Publication.—

The Secretary shall provide for publication in the Federal Register of all determinations made by the Secretary under this subsection.

(b) Adoption of Standards.—

(1) Initial standards.—

Not later than 18 months after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Secretary shall, through the rulemaking process consistent with subsection (a), adopt an initial set of benefit standards.

(2) Periodic Updating Standards.—

Under subsection (a), the Secretary shall provide for the periodic updating of the benefit standards previously adopted under this section.

(3) Requirement.—

The Secretary may not adopt any benefit standards for an essential benefits package or for level of cost-sharing that are inconsistent with the requirements for such a package or level under sections 122 and 123(b)(5).

subtitle c

H.R. 3200/Division A/Title I/Subtitle C - Wikisource

SUBTITLE C — STANDARDS GUARANTEEING ACCESSS TO ESSENTIAL BENEFITS
Contents
[hide]

* 1 SUBTITLE C — STANDARDS GUARANTEEING ACCESSS TO ESSENTIAL BENEFITS
o 1.1 Sec. 121. Coverage of Essential Benefits Package.
o 1.2 Sec. 122. Essential Benefits Package Defined.
o 1.3 Sec. 123. Health Benefits Advisory Committee.
o 1.4 Sec. 124. Process for Adoption of Recommendations; Adoption of Benefit Standards.

[edit] Sec. 121. Coverage of Essential Benefits Package.

(a) In General.—

A qualified health benefits plan shall provide coverage that at least meets the benefit standards adopted under section 124 for the essential benefits package described in section 122 for the plan year involved.

(b) Choice of Coverage.—

(1) Non-exchange-participating Health Benefits Plans.—

In the case of a qualified health benefits plan that is not an Exchange-participating health benefits plan, such plan may offer such coverage in addition to the essential benefits package as the QHBP offering entity may specify.

(2) Exchange-participating Health Benefits Plans.—

In the case of an Exchange-participating health benefits plan, such plan is required under section 203 to provide specified levels of benefits and, in the case of a plan offering a premium-plus level of benefits, provide additional benefits.

(3) Continuation of Offering of Separate Excepted Benefits Coverage.—

Nothing in this division shall be construed as affecting the offering of health benefits in the form of excepted benefits (described in section 102(b)(1)(B)(ii)) if such benefits are offered under a separate policy, contract, or certificate of insurance.

(c) No Restrictions on Coverage Unrelated to Clinical Appropriateness.—

A qualified health benefits plan may not impose any restriction (other than cost-sharing) unrelated to clinical appropriateness on the coverage of the health care items and services.

I agree, please see my previous post about the services outlined in this subtitle.

Argue with the bill...

Here's what it states...

under Exchange-partici7

Hmm...

Because Title I, Subtitle C makes very specific what is being referred to "shall specify the benefits". Namely, that the commissioner would have the authority to determine which items would need to be in a benefits package for it to call itself as being at a certain level.

Hmm...

Because Title I, Subtitle C makes very specific what is being referred to "shall specify the benefits". Namely, that the commissioner would have the authority to determine which items would need to be in a benefits package for it to call itself as being at a certain level.

What is specific about maternity care? So they provide you with a hospital room and a doctor. What if the commissioner determines that epidurals are wasteful and not needed?

There are so many different ways this Czar could shape your health care under such broad and general terms.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back