Trudeau plans on invoking the Emergencies Act in response to protests: sources

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
They are bringing the military in.

Russia, China, North Korea and others are now legitimized, no matter what we say. I've always known that our Charter was paperweight anyways. This was a policing issue. The fact that the Ottawa police didn't do their job, or, didn't seem to need to (or have the resources).

Now all of the intellectuals on CBC are telling us how great this is, since, their lives in Ottawa were disrupted.

The border was a federal responsibility but they kept suggesting it was provincial or local.

Men like me will always be in the minority in Canada, a Libertarian. A view I believe is natural and should always be a guiding force in decisions.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has told his caucus he plans on invoking the never-before-used Emergencies Act to give the federal government extra powers to handle the protests across the country, according to sources.

Those sources, who were not authorized to speak publicly, said the prime minister will inform the premiers of his decision this morning.

In a meeting with the Liberal caucus on Monday morning, Trudeau said there were no plans to deploy the military, according to the sources.

The Emergencies Act, which replaced the War Measures Act in the 1980s, defines a national emergency as a temporary "urgent and critical situation" that "seriously endangers the lives, health or safety of Canadians and is of such proportions or nature as to exceed the capacity or authority of a province to deal with it."

Last edited:

Russia, China, North Korea and others are now legitimized, no matter what we say. I've always known that our Charter was paperweight anyways. This was a policing issue. The fact that the Ottawa police didn't do their job, or, didn't seem to need to (or have the resources).

Now all of the intellectuals on CBC are telling us how great this is, since, their lives in Ottawa were disrupted.

The border was a federal responsibility but they kept suggesting it was provincial or local.

Men like me will always be in the minority in Canada, a Libertarian. A view I believe is natural and should always be a guiding force in decisions.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has told his caucus he plans on invoking the never-before-used Emergencies Act to give the federal government extra powers to handle the protests across the country, according to sources.

Those sources, who were not authorized to speak publicly, said the prime minister will inform the premiers of his decision this morning.

In a meeting with the Liberal caucus on Monday morning, Trudeau said there were no plans to deploy the military, according to the sources.

The Emergencies Act, which replaced the War Measures Act in the 1980s, defines a national emergency as a temporary "urgent and critical situation" that "seriously endangers the lives, health or safety of Canadians and is of such proportions or nature as to exceed the capacity or authority of a province to deal with it."
Didn't America bring in the military on the very same day of the Jan. 6th. peaceful protests at the Capitol?

Ontario Premier Ford has already dealt with the criminals at the Ambassador bridge.

Trudeau has given them 3 weeks and now it's time to stop playing around with them.
It could be different if they had a cause and asked for government to help them out.

But nothing! The silly fools all went and got vaccinated before they even started to cause trouble!

Didn't America bring in the military on the very same day of the Jan. 6th. peaceful protests at the Capitol?

Ontario Premier Ford has already dealt with the criminals at the Ambassador bridge.

Trudeau has given them 3 weeks and now it's time to stop playing around with them.
It could be different if they had a cause and asked for government to help them out.

But nothing! The silly fools all went and got vaccinated before they even started to cause trouble!

I already know your perspective. Men like me would have fought the nazis, I can't say the same for others.

About a 15-16 nations from Europe and the M.E have lifted the vaccine mandates and some ALL restrictions. Are these First World countries not following "the science'?

As it were, this Emergency Act decisions is a boon to the Wests enemies. Calling in the military for bouncey castles, food for the homeless dancing and inconvenience from trucks while a border was cleared by local police, is a really bad decision.

No matter what some believe today, history will judge us. The direction of our nation is assured.

I already know your perspective. Men like me would have fought the nazis, I can't say the same for others.

About a 15-16 nations from Europe and the M.E have lifted the vaccine mandates and some ALL restrictions. Are these First World countries not following "the science'?
Some countries will lift the mandates at the appropriate time and some will lift them prematurely.
As it were, this Emergency Act decisions is a boon to the Wests enemies. Calling in the military for bouncey castles, food for the homeless dancing and inconvenience from trucks while a border was cleared by local police, is a really bad decision.

No matter what some believe today, history will judge us. The direction of our nation is assured.
As I've already suggested, some countries call in the military on the same day as the peaceful demonstrations.

You have some issue with government or some other authority and it's making you incoherent and extremely angry. I can't deal with your issue if you keep it a secret, and nobody else can either.

Some countries will lift the mandates at the appropriate time and some will lift them prematurely.

As I've already suggested, some countries call in the military on the same day as the peaceful demonstrations.

You have some issue with government or some other authority and it's making you incoherent and extremely angry. I can't deal with your issue if you keep it a secret, and nobody else can either.

No, you can't handle the premise of liberty, due process and accountable power. That suggests to me and others that YOU represent the very principles that Americans fought against for their own nations origins.

There were pipeline protests for years, railroad disruptions for months. The approach was to engage and discuss. Billlions of dollars of revenue lost, 10's of thousands of high paying oil jobs gone forever.

Not one soldier manned these protests.

The police have the powers, the proved it at the Ambassador Bridge. The feds can provide support. Emergency Powers are named that for a reason. What emergency do we see right now other than pearl clutchers like you pretending this is an insurrection and coup d'etat?

What emergency do we see right now other than pearl clutchers like you pretending this is an insurrection and coup d'etat?
Trudeau may call in the military because he doesn't want to see the deaths of police officers as was the case with the Jan. 6th. coup attempt.

CSIS is already aware that there are extremist elements involved with guns. The risk to the police is too great now.

Trudeau may call in the military because he doesn't want to see the deaths of police officers as was the case with the Jan. 6th. coup attempt.

CSIS is already aware that there are extremist elements involved with guns. The risk to the police is too great now.
Here's a novel idea! Why doesn't Trudeau simply end the mandates? It's obvious at this point that they haven't worked. Is he really so pig headed that he'd call out the military on Canadian citizens for protesting idiotic policies?

Send in the military. China, N Korea, Russia, Iran will be sure to remind us anytime we lecture them. All because people have lost their mobility rights and jobs because they didn't take a flawed vaccine that doesn't provide immunity. Many who have already had the virus, two years into an endemic.

Let's not forget the OPP officer who killed a newborn baby and didn't even answer questions, nor the death of a man in Hamilton at his place of work from TPS without a warranted presented.

Canada has always been a creepy, unaccountable covert police state. It's far more overt now. China is pleased with our evolution.

Last edited:
Here's a novel idea! Why doesn't Trudeau simply end the mandates? It's obvious at this point that they haven't worked. Is he really so pig headed that he'd call out the military on Canadian citizens for protesting idiotic policies?
Mandates will be ended at the appropriate time and not before!

it is hard to say how many Canadians are like you, especially when Leftists rig elections and control the press and polls.

Democracy is but a Left wing joke

Mandates will be ended at the appropriate time and not before!
When you need to send in the military to intimidate the civilian population, Donald...it's a good indication that the "appropriate time" has come! What is Trudeau accomplishing by what he's doing? Mandates are being gotten rid of all over the globe...but HE'S not going to budge? That's idiotic to be quite blunt!

When you need to send in the military to intimidate the civilian population, Donald...it's a good indication that the "appropriate time" has come! What is Trudeau accomplishing by what he's doing? Mandates are being gotten rid of all over the globe...but HE'S not going to budge? That's idiotic to be quite blunt!
Trudy is too scared to even talk to them

I mean, what is he going to say other than everyone line up to go to the showers..........er..........um..........I mean the jab.

I trust Trudeau to move on the mandates at the appropriate time.
And fwiw, so do a very large majority of Canadians.

The only real issue in the whole thing is that the people are very tired of Covid and they're looking for some politician to come up with a miracle cure. If not that then to just tell the people what they want to hear.

The only real issue in the whole thing is that the people are very tired of Covid and they're looking for some politician to come up with a miracle cure. If not that then to just tell the people what they want to hear.

A poll BEFORE the protests suggested that 54% of Canadians don't want any restictions. Today it's 2/3rds.

We only have 54% of Canadians who have willingly taken the booster. That's because they don't need it to keep their jobs as the two shots is enough. In essence, people took the vaccine under duress and threat of a risk to their livelihood not out of a drastic fear of the virus or agreement with the approach.

You are in the minority. The fascist as it were. History will judge you accordingly. Hopefully I live long enough to educate and remind citizens precisely what some in this country represented. Not just against those like myself, but countless others.

We are NOT allies to America or others. They must know that as they choose their allies.

Two-thirds of Canadians ready to drop COVID-19 restrictions

The Canadian media is worse than the US media when it comes to being an appendage to the Left

I remember being in Canada before an election and watching the news. The supposedly impartial media spent an hour talking about critics of Trudy and being an apologist for him, and then spent 5 minutes talking about his opponent was was against abortion but seemed too ashamed to even talk about it.

That and they all smoke pot.

But when watching Trudy act like such a dictatorial ass, even with the help of the press, cuz they can only do so much, elections may actually go a little differently now.

A poll BEFORE the protests suggested that 54% of Canadians don't want any restictions. Today it's 2/3rds.
I'm not at all surprised. I don't want any restrictions either and frankly never did.
But I understand that they are judged to be necessary by Canada's health professionals, and Trudeau is simply following their advice.

Your argument is between you and Mr. Covid. He's the only one who can make it all right again for dogmatic and unreasonable idiots.

There's really nothing more that needs to be said on this issue.

On calling in the military? I've made it clear that isn't the most desirable approach to the matter, but I've also make it clear to you on the reason why it might be necessary!

Now let it go! I have!

I'm not at all surprised. I don't want any restrictions either and frankly never did.
But I understand that they are judged to be necessary by Canada's health professionals, and Trudeau is simply following their advice.

Your argument is between you and Mr. Covid. He's the only one who can make it all right again for dogmatic and unreasonable idiots.

There's really nothing more that needs to be said on this issue.

On calling in the military? I've made it clear that isn't the most desirable approach to the matter, but I've also make it clear to you on the reason why it might be necessary!

Now let it go! I have!

Europe, Israel, Texas and Florida are open for business. Canada isn't. Somehow, Canada, a nation that is well behind so many other nations in science, R&D and innovation who are now open up are "following the science". How quaint.

Businesses, foreign investors and talent must make their decisions accordingly. Let Canada do what it does. Unless they are willing to speak up for those like myself who have been violated for over 30 years, better to go to a free country to support and thrive.

Europe, Israel, Texas and Florida are open for business. Canada isn't. Somehow, Canada, a nation that is well behind so many other nations in science, R&D and innovation who are now open up are "following the science". How quaint.

Businesses, foreign investors and talent must make their decisions accordingly. Let Canada do what it does. Unless they are willing to speak up for those like myself who have been violated for over 30 years, better to go to a free country to support and thrive.
Some other countries have made mistakes that have cost hundreds of thousands of lives.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back