Trudeau ends use of Emergencies Act, says 'situation is no longer an emergency'

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Canada is free-er today, but still far less free than Americans.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is revoking the use of the Emergencies Act, the powerful legislative tool that was used to quash the protests and blockades that erupted in Ottawa and at border crossings over recent weeks.

"The situation is no longer an emergency," Trudeau told a news conference.

"We are confident that existing laws and bylaws are now sufficient to keep people safe."

The Governor General signed off on the revocation on Wednesday afternoon, which formally ended the state of emergency.

MPs in the House of Commons voted to affirm use of the act on Monday. The Senate was in the midst of debating the act on Wednesday but withdrew the motion shortly after Trudeau made his announcement.

I bet he didn't have the votes in the Canadian Senate, and pulled it down to save face.

He's wormy like that.

P.S...Rebel News is the non-State propaganda news outlet in Canada.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is revoking the use of the Emergencies Act, the powerful legislative tool that was used to quash the protests and blockades that erupted in Ottawa and at border crossings over recent weeks.

"We are confident that existing laws and bylaws are now sufficient to keep people safe."

The Governor General signed off on the revocation on Wednesday afternoon, which formally ended the state of emergency.

MPs in the House of Commons voted to affirm use of the act on Monday. The Senate was in the midst of debating the act on Wednesday but withdrew the motion shortly after Trudeau made his announcement.
dont get too excited,this is just to get canadians to think they have won.they will later come back and say we need to put these vaccine mandates back in place again youll see.

Sounds like he accomplished his goals of ending the siege by truck, so emergency powers no longer necessary. Good.

Canada is free-er today, but still far less free than Americans. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is revoking the use of the Emergencies Act

Fuck that POS shit Trudeau. I hope people up there roast his ass, kick him out of office and hang his head on a pole in effigy to another fallen dictator.

Had he not started this crap up there, we wouldn't have another potential mess now brewing down here as well. Canada is dead to me now. Gone from the face of the Earth.

withoutcanada.jpg

Last edited:
He’s not a commie. Common mistake by American conservatives. He’s a globalist authoritarian crony capitalist.
And they are not going to stop tell they get what they want, its been in the works for a long time.

Sounds like he accomplished his goals of ending the siege by truck, so emergency powers no longer necessary. Good.
OR there is trouble in paradise. To wit

OR there is trouble in paradise. To wit
Or probably back on the 14th the capital in Ottawa was surrounded by trucks, locked down as was the international bridge, the economy (not his government) was under siege. Now it is not. So, short term emergency powers to take action no longer necessary. He went too far, using the banking authority, but I would have cleared the trucks themselves out as he did. Hopefully, our government would never allow 70 ft 50- 70,000 lb vehicles to lay siege to our country either. No problem with people or trucker, just the use of those trucks. But, heck! What do you expect from somebody that never approved of the idiots in this country blocking off streets in towns to set up autonomous zones. I am really, really surprised at some of the people on this board. I don't think they approved of blocking the streets in this country and setting up their stupid anti-American autonomous zones for a second, yet they despised Trudeau for wanting to clear out the trucks, whether the truckers were willing to move them or not.

Or probably back on the 14th the capital in Ottawa was surrounded by trucks, locked down as was the international bridge, the economy (not his government) was under siege. Now it is not. So, short term emergency powers to take action no longer necessary. He went too far, using the banking authority, but I would have cleared the trucks themselves out as he did. Hopefully, our government would never allow 70 ft 50- 70,000 lb vehicles to lay siege to our country either. No problem with people or trucker, just the use of those trucks. But, heck! What do you expect from somebody that never approved of the idiots in this country blocking off streets in towns to set up autonomous zones. I am really, really surprised at some of the people on this board. I don't think they approved of blocking the streets in this country and setting up their stupid anti-American autonomous zones for a second, yet they despised Trudeau for wanting to clear out the trucks, whether the truckers were willing to move them or not.
Yeah that's it......llmmaaao

Your pitiful attempt to draw some sort of equivalency between the radicals that simply declared large swathes of cities (like Seattle and Minneapolis) under their control and the Freedom Truckers that parked their
trucks in Ottawa and other areas of Canada is absolutely astounding in it's brainless presumptuousness
and imperious arrogance.

Either you think everyone else is stupid enough to buy this crap or you are. I'm sure it's you.

Your pitiful attempt to draw some sort of equivalency between the radicals that simply declared large swathes of cities (like Seattle and Minneapolis) under their control and the Freedom Truckers that parked their
trucks in Ottawa and other areas of Canada is absolutely astounding in it's brainless presumptuousness
and imperious arrogance.

Either you think everyone else is stupid enough to buy this crap or you are. I'm sure it's you.
Oh, you are saying the trucker did not lock down the roads and bridges in an attempt to force the Canadian Government to knuckle under to their demand, unlike the people that took over sections of cities down here were not really trying to force their views on those city governments, eh? Sounds pretty weak to me. Or did you just like the autonomous zone people better because they were left wing?

Oh, you are saying the trucker did not lock down the roads and bridges in an attempt to force the Canadian Government to knuckle under to their demand, unlike the people that took over sections of cities down here were not really trying to force their views on those city governments, eh? Sounds pretty weak to me. Or did you just like the autonomous zone people better because they were left wing?
Freedom Truckers never demanded shake downs from businesses within the "authority" of their parked rigs.
Nor did they shake down homeowners looking for "reparations" from home owners unlike those people
who declared themselves to be autonomous masters of the zones they created during riots in Seattle.
Do a little home work, nut job!

Truckers want bodily autonomy....PERIOD!

Freedom Truckers never demanded shake downs from businesses within the "authority" of their parked rigs.
Nor did they shake down homeowners looking for "reparations" from home owners unlike those people
who declared themselves to be autonomous masters of the zones they created during riots in Seattle.
Do a little home work, nut job!

Truckers want bodily autonomy....PERIOD!
Looks like they were not able to force their wants on the Canadian Government.

Forum List

Back