Trouble: Marines under fire for flying $80M F-35 over SC during thunderstorm when report shows the jets CAN'T handle Storms

MAGA Macho Man

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2022
Linear Time
So let me get this straight, the Lightning, is allergic to LIGHTNING? is that it?? really??? The F-35 has a fatal flaw in being subjected to lightning strikes that fry the large number of computers inside the airplane. When that happens, the fighter is uncontrollable and the pilot has no choice but to eject. Bring back the P-38 Lightning.

Lightning strikes on airplanes are not all that unusual.

You would expect an $80,000,000 military aircraft would be able to fight in a thunderstorm.

I’ll bet Russian aircraft can.

So let me get this straight, the Lightning, is allergic to LIGHTNING?

So, I'm cornfused:
  1. OK, the guy was flying in bad weather. The US military bases their air strike force on A jet which can't handle bad weather.
  2. Pilot was 1000 feet off the ground. Why didn't he just land?
  3. He left the jet on autopilot and it flew another 60 miles. If it was on autopilot, why did it crash at all?
  4. Why doesn't our best 80 million dollar jet know that if the pilot ejects, to land or return to base?
  5. Before crashing, people saw the plane flying inverted. Why do F-35Bs fly upside down ion autopilot?
  6. $80,000,000 jet flew 60 miles and crashed into a field. Thank god it wasn't into my fucking house!
  7. F-35A can't fly within 25 miles of a lightning storm. Has anyone ever heard of hardened electronics? If the jet is that vulnerable to EMP, we got ripped off. Any enemy can take one down with a focused microwave beam.

Lightning strikes on airplanes are not all that unusual.
You would expect an $80,000,000 military aircraft would be able to fight in a thunderstorm.

They have actually become more of a problem since some craft started using carbon fiber over aluminum.

To beat the US air force now, All you have to do is conduct your raids and attacks in bad weather.

Another winner by Gen. Milley!

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.sentinelassam.com%2Fh-upload%2F2023%2F09%2F15%2F480126-mark1.webp&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=ebd411efe0594e1f1893020e7f59ec85772e285252afe871e42d4aefc4ed8e8d&ipo=images

You know, the guy who warns the Chinese if we are coming.

This really is not that surprising to anyone dealing with the military. One of our newer warships works great in 40-70 degree weather. Under 40 as the metal contracts sensors in the weapons elevator don’t make proper contact so it needs to be heated to work properly. Over 70 degrees as the metal expands it was built with such tight tolerances that the elevator gets stuck and has to be cooled off. It’s not a presidents fault as much as it is the engineers and designers who have allowed technology to replace common sense.

This really is not that surprising to anyone dealing with the military. One of our newer warships works great in 40-70 degree weather. Under 40 as the metal contracts sensors in the weapons elevator don’t make proper contact so it needs to be heated to work properly. Over 70 degrees as the metal expands it was built with such tight tolerances that the elevator gets stuck and has to be cooled off. It’s not a presidents fault as much as it is the engineers and designers who have allowed technology to replace common sense.
What warships are you referring to? Surely not a Zumwalt Class. I'm interested in this!

So let me get this straight, the Lightning, is allergic to LIGHTNING? is that it?? really??? The F-35 has a fatal flaw in being subjected to lightning strikes that fry the large number of computers inside the airplane. When that happens, the fighter is uncontrollable and the pilot has no choice but to eject. Bring back the P-38 Lightning.

Yeah. This, the Maui fires. I'm not hugely into conspiracy theories as a matter of course. But there are some oddities here to say the least....

Yes, it's his fault. Everything is his fault, even down to when the sparkplug on my lawnmower fouls out.
This jet was questionable for years. The money invested in it is enormous. To justify it we are actually selling it to our allies. Designed to do everything as a fighter jet. And may not do it as good as others designed for specific missions. We had one like this in the 1960's. I think it was called the F 111 Aardvark. The F 35 may be a good plane. However, it seems to have a military/industrial complex element to it. What is worrisome is that we are already going to build a more advanced jet within several years.

What warships are you referring to? Surely not a Zumwalt Class. I'm interested in this!
I can’t go into a lot of details because of confidentiality obligations but hypothetically speaking rumors of the new Ford class carrier having issues may not be just rumor. It’s also a rumor that it was resolved but it took months of rework and the plans had to be altered on that system moving forward. Or so I’ve heard from anonymous sources close to the situation. 😜

I can’t go into a lot of details because of confidentiality obligations but hypothetically speaking rumors of the new Ford class carrier having issues may not be just rumor. It’s also a rumor that it was resolved but it took months of rework and the plans had to be altered on that system moving forward. Or so I’ve heard from anonymous sources close to the situation. 😜
I’ve heard that our arms merchants (really death merchants) don’t make reliable or effective weapons. They make weapons that can be sold to world governments for an enormous profit. They aren’t designed to win wars, just make money for the war profiteers.

Forum List

Back