Traveling Art Exhibit Idea - Tell Me What You Think

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
I remember hearing about all the art exhibits that show Jesus with excrement smeared all over him, etc.

So here is my idea.

Considering the mood in the world today, I think this will appeal and cause deep thought and meaningful dialog among everyone.

Start with an 8 foot wall made of concrete blocks. I place in front of it a commode. I attach the commode to the wall with normal plumbing pipes.

Now....I paint around the base, underside of the seat, and inside the actual bowl "splashes" of light yellow. I want it to appear like dried urine. I think with the right combination of yellow paint (perhaps water color) thinned out with water, I think I can get the right look.

Before shock sets in at this next part, please read completely.

Next...I place a copy of the Koran inside the bowl. I haven't decided if I want to tear some of it first, or just a page or two so the book is opened to that page. I might even place a boot-mark on one of the pages.

Controversial..yes. But also thought provoking.

You see, this is all the exhibit goers will see. No political statement, nothing.

For those people who are offended by what they think is happening in Gitmo, this exhibit will be a reminder to them how the press continues to tell the world how terrible the conditions are and how terrible the prisoners are being treated.

Thought provoking.

For those people who think all the hub-bub is overblown; these are prisoners who don't deserve any rights what-so-ever, the press is more concerned about bashing the United States instead of supporting their wonderful country, this exhibit will remind them that we are at war and need to do whatever possible to protect our country.

Thought provoking.

Certainly if images of Jesus, God and the Virgin Mary can be desecrated - some with public monies - this shouldn't cause too much uproar. Freedom of speech, etc.

You think?

GotZoom said:
I remember hearing about all the art exhibits that show Jesus with excrement smeared all over him, etc.

So here is my idea.

Considering the mood in the world today, I think this will appeal and cause deep thought and meaningful dialog among everyone.

Start with an 8 foot wall made of concrete blocks. I place in front of it a commode. I attach the commode to the wall with normal plumbing pipes.

Now....I paint around the base, underside of the seat, and inside the actual bowl "splashes" of light yellow. I want it to appear like dried urine. I think with the right combination of yellow paint (perhaps water color) thinned out with water, I think I can get the right look.

Nice idea...however you should incorporate the Library at "Alexandria" Egypt of which The Islam movement destroyed...kinda to destroy the evidence of their hypocracy...this should be in the background! :arabia:

archangel said:
GotZoom said:

So here is my idea.

Nice idea...however you should incorporate the Library at "Alexandria" Egypt of which The Islam movement destroyed...kinda to destroy the evidence of their hypocracy...this should be in the background! :arabia:

Excellent idea. Maybe tape some pictures of the destroyed library up on the wall behind the comode?

I like it.

I like it, I think you should expand it and put photographs of other famous desecrations, the Virgin Mary made out of poop, etc. all over the wall. That would make it more of a "statement", I think.

Forum List

Back