I Thought This Was Rare and Nice

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Annie, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://antisubjugator.blogspot.com/2005/06/thanks-america.html

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    damn---that was a great one! gonna forward it to my grandpa, a retired USAF serviceman.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I was telling my dad about it during dinner, he started in on how the Australians were probably the best fighting force in WWII, outside of US. ;) Somehow an Australian pilot ended up in the London hospital with my dad. They sneaked out to the pubs and the Aussie wouldn't let my dad buy the beer, cause my dad had 'procured' the bikes.

4. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    My feelings exactly! This foreigner really gets the picture of how things were and are. Too bad there's so few of him around to tell it like it is.

5. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    It is not surprising that this thank you note comes from Australia. America has more in common with Australia than any other country. I have been to many different countries in Asia and Europe and Australia was my favorite by far. Sydney in October (their Spring) was magnificent. When America asked for help, only Australia and the UK were from day one fighting on the ground with us in Afghanistan and Iraq. Americans will remember that. Bush - reelected, Howard - reelected, Blair reelected, Chirac had to sack his government, Schroeder forced to call early elections.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    And the Poles. I agree with you onedomino, perhaps because both countries broke off from the UK in one form or another, there are special things in common!

7. fuzzykitten99

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199
    that's cuz they aren't pussies. they take what they can dish out and then some. their ancestors had to survive mother nature on that island so they have a tough as nails disposition, and they turned it into a really nice place (i'd love to go someday) and they are great at paying any debt they may have or keeping things even.--most are anyway, as i am sure not all are like that.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I agree Fuzzy, ever since high school I've felt if there was ever a reason that I would leave the US, AU is where I would go. With few exceptions, it's more US, than the US.

9. fuzzykitten99

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199
    when i was a senior in HS, i did the work study program. at the time, i was looking at going to riding school in west virginia on partial scholarship(from winning local shows and such). i worked part time at a local stables, and one of the girls that worked there, was from Australia. damn, could she ride! she was SO nice, and it was fun sitting around the bonfire after closing, listening to her tell stories about australia, and the horses there, the people, and such.

when it came to hard work, she dove right in, had no complaints (except when winter hit!) and she often made some sort of stew that was REALLY good, but i never got the recipe-but it was good and really filled you up for several hours.

she tricked me once (she had a real prankster side to her) and told me the sandwiches were apple-butter...no they were vegemite! YUCK! :puke: I had tried it once before in 8th grade, because we were studying australia, and in order to pass the unit, you had to try one taste, on an oyster cracker. 1 girl out of 35 of us, liked it, but she was kind of a nutter anyhow. everyone else ran to the bathroom.