Travel to Florida

The one you and trump said was fake?
Canada is a first world nation. Globalists have more control to make sure Americans are herded into our area. Mexico is a 2nd world nation that the globalists use to transfer millions and tens of millions of refugees into the United States to weaken us. We have been partying since the 1960's with a government paying us off in many ways and increasing.

While it is relatively "late" to be doing so, I have been searching the vacation-home real estate sites for someplace in Florida to go and relax for the month of February. My geographical target is the west coast of Florida, no farther north than Tampa. My wife wants to be on a beach this year. I am unwilling to pay more than $200/night, and am not willing to stay in a shack, lean-to, or hovel. It's beginning to look like the most realistic option might be to stay in one of those "all-suites" hotels, which I've never done before.

There are very few of anything available. Nothing, actually, that meets all my criteria, although for the past several years I have had no problem finding something when starting my search in October. To be candid, we went to Cape Coral a few times and Cape Coral offers a few places to stay but that's because Cape Coral offers nothing but nice weather. No beaches nearby, no nice shopping areas and only a few decent restaurants (note: definition of "decent" is entirely mine).

It APPEARS that the influx of CANADIANS is what is flooding the market. They were largely kept out last year by one government edict or another, and they seem to be over-reacting to the loose border now.

Could that be the reason?

While it is relatively "late" to be doing so, I have been searching the vacation-home real estate sites for someplace in Florida to go and relax for the month of February. My geographical target is the west coast of Florida, no farther north than Tampa. My wife wants to be on a beach this year. I am unwilling to pay more than $200/night, and am not willing to stay in a shack, lean-to, or hovel. It's beginning to look like the most realistic option might be to stay in one of those "all-suites" hotels, which I've never done before.

There are very few of anything available. Nothing, actually, that meets all my criteria, although for the past several years I have had no problem finding something when starting my search in October. To be candid, we went to Cape Coral a few times and Cape Coral offers a few places to stay but that's because Cape Coral offers nothing but nice weather. No beaches nearby, no nice shopping areas and only a few decent restaurants (note: definition of "decent" is entirely mine).

It APPEARS that the influx of CANADIANS is what is flooding the market. They were largely kept out last year by one government edict or another, and they seem to be over-reacting to the loose border now.

Could that be the reason?
Yes the Canadians love Florida and many are there already or on the way.

We’ve stayed in Florida for winter many times. We now use our motorhome but in years past we enjoyed Clearwater Beach. Lots of restaurants and shops within walking distance. Beach maybe the best in North America. We stayed at Harborview several times and really enjoyed it. Check it out.
harborviewgrande.net

Yes the Canadians love Florida and many are there already or on the way.

We’ve stayed in Florida for winter many times. We now use our motorhome but in years past we enjoyed Clearwater Beach. Lots of restaurants and shops within walking distance. Beach maybe the best in North America. We stayed at Harborview several times and really enjoyed it. Check it out.
harborviewgrande.net
On a list of the 10 best beaches in the U.S., 8 were in Florida and 2 in Hawaii. I try to get to Costa Rica as often as I can afford it but the pandemic has made it a PIA. Florida works. CR has nicer people.

On a list of the 10 best beaches in the U.S., 8 were in Florida and 2 in Hawaii. I try to get to Costa Rica as often as I can afford it but the pandemic has made it a PIA. Florida works. CR has nicer people.
I would love to visit Costa Rica. It’s a great country and many expat Americans have moved there. I believe they outlawed the military. We could learn a lot from them.

I would love to visit Costa Rica. It’s a great country and many expat Americans have moved there. I believe they outlawed the military. We could learn a lot from them.
They got rid of their military in 1948 and spent the money on education. Now it`s the only country in Central America people are trying to get into, not out of.

They got rid of their military in 1948 and spent the money on education. Now it`s the only country in Central America people are trying to get into, not out of.
And somehow they’ve managed to prevent the CIA from overthrowing their government and imposing a right wing dictatorship that allows big corporations to rape the land and people.

You claim the moon landing was faked and 9-11 was done by George Bush and DA JOOOOOOZZZZ too, doncha?

:rofl:

1952 is over, sploogy.
You’ve got me confused with someone in your imaginary world.

You really think the CIA stopped overthrowing governments in 1952? LMFAO.

You’ve got me confused with someone in your imaginary world.

Nah, I just have a view of conspiracy nuts.

You really think the CIA stopped overthrowing governments in 1952? LMFAO.

South and Central America is controlled by the Marxists. Russia and Iran were behind the Chavez overthrow. Russia has always been behind Nicaragua.

What I think is that you're a nutjob.

Nah, I just have a view of conspiracy nuts.

South and Central America is controlled by the Marxists. Russia and Iran were behind the Chavez overthrow. Russia has always been behind Nicaragua.

What I think is that you're a nutjob.
Oh brother. LMFAO.

A tangent, if you will.

Databases have been around for a long, long time. First they were used for businesses but now consumers have access to them in a wide variety of environments.

Imagine one is searching for someplace to "holiday" in Florida, near a beach, during three or four specific weeks in February-March.

In an ideal world, such a person would go to a centralized website, identify his
  • Preferred location
  • desired dates - exact or flexible,
  • desired amenities,
  • price range, and
  • Special shit (pets, wheelchair, etc.).
Then, using a comprehensive database, the program would spit back ALL of the options for that set of criteria, PLUS, alternatives for slightly different dates, nearby locations, and slightly higher prices.

While there are several websites that purport to do this, none of them actually does. After searching your criteria, they send you details on EVERYTHING BUT what you are looking for, and for the ones that do appear to be available, you dig deeper, only to be told that it's not available for the dates you have chosen. Could they suggest some other dates? No. A nearby location? No. At a price that is MULTIPLES of what you have suggested? SURE!

There are many businesses around that do nothing but search the internet for stuff one might need, and spit out the results of the search. It is a search that you could do for yourself, but these services charge you a small fee and do the looking for you. They exist for car insurance, life insurance, and a lot of other things, but for travel, I haven't found any that actually do the search properly and spit out useful information. It is nearly useful, but not ultimately useful.

I've put in quite a lot of time looking for a vacation spot, with no success yet. And I only need one place.

The best beaches in Florida are in the Panhandle. Beautiful white sand beaches and azure blue water. Beats anything south of Tampa and on the Atlantic.
I don’t agree and I’ve been all over Florida. I do agree that the beaches on the east coast aren’t that nice. However Clearwater and St Pete beaches are nicer than the pan handle. So are a few beaches south of Tampa like the beaches on Anna Maria island.

Forum List

Back