transgender bathroom debate

MPS777

Oct 20, 2017
When it comes to philosophical debates, I try to and analyze things with cold logical detachment. I think, like my beliefs about marriage, a central component to the resolution of this matter is for the government to step back and not legislate in any particular way.

For example “conservative” bathroom laws, I believe, have at least one definite practical and unavoidable flaw. Let’s just consider this one particular circumstance: since we live in a free society with advanced medical capabilities, there will be some women who will “transition” to the point where they are outwardly almost indistinguishable from a male. Beards, baldness, flat chest, and more, can make it so a woman effectively looks like a man. So a “conservative” bathroom bill would legally force this individual into the “women’s room”, which with legal maneuverings could easily open police up to “false arrest” and discrimination type legal jeopardy.

That being said, I also think that there could be some definite practical flaws in “liberal” legally sanctioned free-for-all type laws. I think if there is any role for the government, it may be in providing subsidies for many more single occupancy bathrooms to be built. Bathroom laws to me seem as impractical is “gun free zones”, they’ll just be ignored. I think this has only become a big issue lately because governments have suddenly decided they need to legislate about the issue.

`
`

I do not and will not sanction the use of female locker rooms and showers in any K-12 public or private school, by transgender people; "as defined by the government."
`

Based upon common sense and practicality, women transitioning to men using a male bathroom is less of a concern than men transitioning to women using a woman's. The concern in the latter case isn't so much those who who have actually transitioned, but those who are men dressing up as women gaining entrance for various sexual reasons.

It seems to me that those who have had gender reassignment surgery should be allowed to use the facility of their new gender without question, but the grey area lies in cases where they haven't.

The whole argument’s moot since conservatives have never proposed a potty patrol to inspect genitalia, proving they are not serious about this issue.

What's to be serious about? One is either a male or a female. There are no other choices and neither can be changed. Fucking weirdos.

When it comes to philosophical debates, I try to and analyze things with cold logical detachment. I think, like my beliefs about marriage, a central component to the resolution of this matter is for the government to step back and not legislate in any particular way.

For example “conservative” bathroom laws, I believe, have at least one definite practical and unavoidable flaw. Let’s just consider this one particular circumstance: since we live in a free society with advanced medical capabilities, there will be some women who will “transition” to the point where they are outwardly almost indistinguishable from a male. Beards, baldness, flat chest, and more, can make it so a woman effectively looks like a man. So a “conservative” bathroom bill would legally force this individual into the “women’s room”, which with legal maneuverings could easily open police up to “false arrest” and discrimination type legal jeopardy.

That being said, I also think that there could be some definite practical flaws in “liberal” legally sanctioned free-for-all type laws. I think if there is any role for the government, it may be in providing subsidies for many more single occupancy bathrooms to be built. Bathroom laws to me seem as impractical is “gun free zones”, they’ll just be ignored. I think this has only become a big issue lately because governments have suddenly decided they need to legislate about the issue.

The whole argument’s moot since conservatives have never proposed a potty patrol to inspect genitalia, proving they are not serious about this issue.

I think the Right is having a tough time keeping up with the level of Loon coming from LefTards.
The Right tries to stay focused working for the greater percentages of people. They tend to exhaust their effort grinding for the citizens that actually matter....Meanwhile LefTards will bend over backwards, jump through fiery hoops and tie up our court systems for the .002% and or total fucking wack-jobs.

Forum List

Back