TOTAL cost of Fed Govt Bailout

If they realy wonted to bost the econamy they would have taken that $700billion and split it between the tax payers to spend it on what they want insted of giving it to their CEO friends.

Seriously regarding Ron Paul, he took the money and ran. Let's be honest with that.

As for the two major parties, not a whit worth of difference, other than how fast they raise or lower taxes on the middle class.

He took the money and ran because he was being shut out. The Dems and Republicans won't let anyone into their exclusive club. On that, they are bipartisan as Hell and the same animal.

The last viable 3rd party in this country was the Republican party and it took a nation on the brink of Civil War to elect Lincoln, and he won without a majority of the votes.

All 3rd parties do now is split one party or the other and give the win to the other side.

Actually he didn't take the money & run. He spent it on the campaign which he was in longer than everyone else besides McCain and then put the rest in the Campaign for Liberty.

Actually he didn't take the money & run. He spent it on the campaign which he was in longer than everyone else besides McCain and then put the rest in the Campaign for Liberty.

At one time he stated he was going to use it on his campaign here. Whatever it was he did with it, it was perfectly legal for him to do so. I didn't see any reason for him to continue spending it on the Presidential campaign when he couldn't even get invited to debates.

Not arguing with Paulites. Please, show me a link that authoritatively tells me what he did with all that money he raise.

Not arguing with Paulites. Please, show me a link that authoritatively tells me what he did with all that money he raise.

Summary data for Ron Paul | OpenSecrets

he spend like 34.5 million on the campaign --remember he had his own convention during the RNC. That had to have cost a pretty penny.

and when he started the Campaign for Liberty he said he was going to put the rest of the money towards helping candidates get into office who had a similar platform to Ron Paul

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlqXq8YxQFQ[/ame]

Last edited:
What we NEED to do is tell these corporations tough shit. Then we need to tell the UN/foreign aid tough shit. We need tell Iraq, your country, we gave it to you on a silver platter, fight for it yourselves then bring those military assests home, and the check that goes with them. Redeploy then from Brownseville to San Ysidro. Tack a hefty as import tariff on anything that comes into this country, and double it if it comes from a US manufacturer that relocated overseas.

And tell the rest of the world that thinks we're so terrible anyway to just fuck off.

Gunny, we are should be learning from experience that "we, the people " can't tell anyone to do SHIT. It's time we find out exactly why we aren't heard don't you think ? I've had it with THEM telling us things.
NOW--while the hyper-partisan rhetoric is at a dull roar.

Summary data for Ron Paul | OpenSecrets

he spend like 34.5 million on the campaign --remember he had his own convention during the RNC. That had to have cost a pretty penny.

and when he started the Campaign for Liberty he said he was going to put the rest of the money towards helping candidates get into office who had a similar platform to Ron Paul

Really, I didn't follow Ron Paul that closely, he was never my choice for many reasons, but I do respect those that did. All I'm asking for clear and simple, where did the money go?

Kathianne, it's easy enough to find out. Go Google it. I gave you a link as to how much was spent on the campaign. Of all people, you think that Ron Paul would rip off his supporters? A man who doesn't even partake in the congressional pension program and who has returned a portion of the annual congressional budget to the US treasury every year he was in Congress?

How about instead we try and figure out what Obama did with $600 million he got in donations? 35 million doesn't get you very much. Ron Paul had no TV commercials to speak of.

Gunny, we are should be learning from experience that "we, the people " can't tell anyone to do SHIT. It's time we find out exactly why we aren't heard don't you think ? I've had it with THEM telling us things.
NOW--while the hyper-partisan rhetoric is at a dull roar.

To many sheeple that don't want to think. The election's over, they did their part, now the government has to do its part. Anything else fall on deaf ears.

Tomorrow, the same nimrods will log on here, read this thread and not get it, then post an article blaming our economic woes on Bush.

They don't care. They WANT to be cared for, cradle to grave, not have to face the idea that the people they entrust their lives to are only out for themselves.

Forum List

Back