Toronto police union says protest cops deserved more support after coffee delivery blowback

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I agree with their union in this case. The delivery of the coffee wasn't the issue for me, it is the hypocrisy.

Better to be a human and keep the peace than make enemies. The officers working other protests should learn from this. Don't take sides, treat all protesters regardless of agenda, equally. As long as protesters aren't breaking the law.

The Toronto Police Association said officers who were criticized for delivering coffee to pro-Palestinian protesters over the weekend have been maligned and deserve more support from within the organization.
In a memo to members obtained by the Star, the police union wrote that the officers in question, who it said were working in service of "keeping the peace," have been unfairly portrayed as "ineffectual and negligent in their duties."

I agree with their union in this case. The delivery of the coffee wasn't the issue for me, it is the hypocrisy.

Better to be a human and keep the peace than make enemies. The officers working other protests should learn from this. Don't take sides, treat all protesters regardless of agenda, equally. As long as protesters aren't breaking the law.

The Toronto Police Association said officers who were criticized for delivering coffee to pro-Palestinian protesters over the weekend have been maligned and deserve more support from within the organization.
In a memo to members obtained by the Star, the police union wrote that the officers in question, who it said were working in service of "keeping the peace," have been unfairly portrayed as "ineffectual and negligent in their duties."

Did the coffee have bacon grease in it?

Forum List

Back