Torchwood- Miracle Day

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
I know this was on Starz a few years ago, but they are running it on BBC America now.

Part of me is a little cautious, because I feel like I've been burned twice by this show.

The first time when they killed my two favorite characters at the end of season 2.

The second time when they had the morally repugnant Season 3.

But here's my biggest problem with it. This supposedly take place in the same universe as Doctor Who. (The part of the Who-niverse which is kind of seedy, I guess.)

And yet here we have characters acting all surprised that there MIGHT be alien involvement in something. Really? Frankly, If I lived in the Dr. Who Universe and we were being invaded by aliens just about every other week, that would probably be my first go-to answer.

I know this was on Starz a few years ago, but they are running it on BBC America now.

Part of me is a little cautious, because I feel like I've been burned twice by this show.

The first time when they killed my two favorite characters at the end of season 2.

The second time when they had the morally repugnant Season 3.

But here's my biggest problem with it. This supposedly take place in the same universe as Doctor Who. (The part of the Who-niverse which is kind of seedy, I guess.)

And yet here we have characters acting all surprised that there MIGHT be alien involvement in something. Really? Frankly, If I lived in the Dr. Who Universe and we were being invaded by aliens just about every other week, that would probably be my first go-to answer.

i think Torchwood is pretty good.....and i agree with you on the offing of Owen and Tosh.....i dont agree with you at all about season three....it got some of its best reviews from the Sci-Fi community....i felt season 3 was possibly its best.....and WHO are the characters surprised that there are Aliens?.....everyone of them have dealt with them .....the shit they ran on Starz was nothing like the Torchwood of the past....that series destroyed the show......and fuck the BBC ...they canceled Copper after leaving its fans with a cliffhanger....

Last edited:
Love Torchwood, but haven't been able to watch past the first season. Its in a graveyard timeslot here.

Edit: WTF is with them killing off Tosh? God damn, if they killed off Gwen I think I'd go ballistic.

There are a thousand problems and holes in this series. If you can let the utter implausible silliness go as with Doctor Who you can enjoy it. Also this series is standalone. You don't have to have seen anything else in order to follow it.

There are a thousand problems and holes in this series. If you can let the utter implausible silliness go as with Doctor Who you can enjoy it. Also this series is standalone. You don't have to have seen anything else in order to follow it.

You can go along with the implausible silliness of Doctor Who because Doctor Who is fun, and it's based off an even more implausibly silly show from the 1960's to 1980's.

Torchwood, on the other hand, is a depressing slog where they kill off characters just when you start to like them. And then they have the character you really find annoying that you can't kill off no matter how hard you try.

I think you nailed the gestalt of both shows with the above, Joe.

Dr Who is a WHOOT and doesn't pretend to be anything but.

Torchwood takes itself seriously even though it has plot inconsistencies that one could drive a Tardus through.

I think you nailed the gestalt of both shows with the above, Joe.

Dr Who is a WHOOT and doesn't pretend to be anything but.

Torchwood takes itself seriously even though it has plot inconsistencies that one could drive a Tardus through.

its ....Tardis....:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back