Top Ten Reasons California Businesses Are Leaving California

Discussion in 'Economy' started by GHook93, Dec 23, 2010.

1. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,932
    Keep in mind that if it was up to the liberals the entire country would look like California! Very scary thought! When you toss in the ginormous illegal immigration and worst in nation educational systems problems, you can see why CA is only heading in the WRONG direction.

Ten Reason Businesses Are Leaving California:
    10. Unfair Taxes: - Highest (with NY & NJ) corporate, income, gas, property and near highest (communist Cook County IL.

9. Most Expensive Business Locations: - California has the most expensive cities anywhere in the US.

8. Worst Performing Labor: Fucking hippies!

7. Dreadful Legal Treatment: 44th in legal fairness to Business and Mexican Los Angles is ranked least fair and reasonable city in the country.
    Any law student in CA could tell you how complex and leftist (not to mention backwards) CA law is.

6. Worst Regulatory Burden: And this is with them shooting down the Communist CA Greenhouse Gas and zero emissions laws.
    Cost and uncertainty of business regulations causes them to the the highest hassle index by a significant margin.

5. Harshest Treatment of Business: 60% of CA business have adopted freezing hiring in CA and moved to operations to other states.

4. Downright Unfriendliness to Business:
    49th Unfriendly to business state (my money is on NY as most unfriendly)

3. Highest Misery Index: In the country

2. Uncontrollable Spending: State and City spending (even per capita) is the highest in the country

1. Consistently Ranks - WORST STATE IN NATION TO DO BUSINESS IN:
    Business people nickname CA the Venezuela of the US!
    Side Note: Texas is ranked #1 state to do business in!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6_UACmw3Yw&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. william the wie

william the wie Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    The movie industry has mostly moved to Canada.
    Music to Nashville.
    Aerospace to FL, AL, WA, NM and SC along with computers.

The Asian trade has been moving to the east coast for the last 30 years that I know of and the only reason it hasn't all vanished from the west coast is Indonesian piracy limiting access to the Indian Ocean.

3. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,404
    And then they all cry no jobs! I agree CA is NOT a business friendly state.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Lumpy 1

Lumpy 1 Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,869
    I suppose you could have mentioned the Unions stranglehold on government.. they have sucked it dry and still want more...

5. loosecannon

loosecannon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +264
    It used to be THE most business friendly state despite the highest costs of doing business, then in 2008 everything changed.

6. Trajan

Trajan conscientia mille testes

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,756
    and the schools...Stanford and UC Bezerkeley are one of the few reasons left any silicon based co,. even has a footprint here anymore.

7. westwall

westwall USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,807

It began a lot longer ago than that. Try Willie Brown and company and Jerry Browns first governorship for the beginning.

8. william the wie

william the wie Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    The most recent census has seen and unless there is major trend reversal the 2020 census will see the left coast become a good place to be from. If another football team or a baseball team leaves for either flyover country, overseas or simply shutsdown that will be the signal that the left coast is going the way of the rust belt.

9. finebead

finebead VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I've been buying muni bonds for 25 years, never wanted to buy in Ca., too many cities borrowing money to make ends meet. Destined to fail IMO. I guess I see things pretty far down the line. I bought one bond in Ca., a revenue bond for a toll road in San Fran; with all those cars, that had to be good money. It was.

I had a job offer in the bay area, turned it down in the mid 90's. Housing was too expensive, traffic too bad, too many people. I hit my retirement number last year, if I'd moved to Ca. I would not have hit it yet. Easy decision to stay in Houston.

The give aways, and especially the overly generous pensions to govt. workers have to stop. When you do stupid things, eventually you will pay the price.

10. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,932
    Yea because they had a recall to kick out the governor to put Arnold in office because things were peaches and cream! Things in CA have been going down for a while. They had (and still have) the infrastructure, so the decline from a giant of the US didn't happen overnight, but this decline will still going and going. I mean look who they vote in! A far leftist governor, his only solution will be tighter regulations and HIGHER taxes! They vote in a LA mayor who says he is the mayor of a Mexican city (pretty much because he runs it that way)!

Right now they still have the ability to turn it around and still remain the economic giant of the US, but they won't (starting with the HUGE error of passing on Meg Whitman) because of the liberalism illness!