Top Ten Inventions by African Americans

We should hear more about this, and all other Americans that have contributed to our nation. It would be far better than the daily dose of what this brainless starlet or the Kardashians are doing. We, through the media, concentrate on the trivial and silly, and ignore the people whose work has made our lives profoundly better. But such information gets ignored, and the trivial gets the attention.

First, I or anyone, could very easily live without some of the inventions attributed to black people described above.

Second, I remember my days in Soviet dominated elementary school in the old country, where we were told that almost everything that benefits humanity were invented by Russian or, better still, Soviet geniuses.

It was politically correct then and there, much the same as the claims in the OP are here and now.

Very interesting...African Americans have done a great deal to advance and better this nation....
Yes indeed! And in great cities all around the country they are hard at it still!

First, I or anyone, could very easily live without some of the inventions attributed to black people described above.

Second, I remember my days in Soviet dominated elementary school in the old country, where we were told that almost everything that benefits humanity were invented by Russian or, better still, Soviet geniuses.

It was politically correct then and there, much the same as the claims in the OP are here and now.

African Americans are not the communist party of the USA. The vast majority of them are contributors to our society and the criminal fringe get all the news coverage but not the real production.

The point of the OP was that African Americans are not just successful at entertainment but other things like science and invention.

All of us would do well to remember that as we bitch every day about what 'they' did to some place.

If the fucking Democrats would enforce the laws rather than pander down to blacks in a way that is harmful to their community, Detroit wouldnt be what it is today.

Not sure about some of those. I'm pretty well up on my technology. The first one, air conditioning, was actually designed for the printing press and originally used evaporating water.
Yeah, most of these inventions were incremental improvements of existing machines, which is the case 99.9999% of the time anyway.

Goggle the number of negro Nobel Prize winners. Then look at what they 'won' the prize for.
Lots of 'writing'..............science?............not so much.
They gave BONOBO the prize for getting out of bed in the morning the day after the 'OJ jury' elected him.

Not sure about some of those. I'm pretty well up on my technology. The first one, air conditioning, was actually designed for the printing press and originally used evaporating water.
Yeah, most of these inventions were incremental improvements of existing machines, which is the case 99.9999% of the time anyway.

In the first case, Bill Carrier invented the AC. The first guy listed seems to have merely adapted it for more portable use in trucking, so I find the whole article specious. I didn't look very closely at the others therefore but some of the others seem questionable as well.

What invention by African American (black) person come from Africa?
Inventions from Africa?

You mean like the Pyramids, artithmetic, written texts, irrigation, and cement?

Oh, I dont know....

I am really shocked they did not mention Andrew Beard. Every train car for the past century has been using his invention.

upload_2017-5-15_7-24-21.png

What invention by African American (black) person come from Africa?
Inventions from Africa?

You mean like the Pyramids, artithmetic, written texts, irrigation, and cement?

Oh, I dont know....

Where are we going with this? Back to Obama's thing about how muslims were the cornerstone of making America what it is today? Never mind that he never mentioned a SINGLE thing they contributed! How many muslims were even in the USA during its first 200 years---- 0.0000015%? Those must have been some damned good muslims!

I'm sure there were some great contributions by blacks, and if I remember right, some great inventions by black scientists, but if you are going to write an article, focus on REAL inventions, not mere adaptations. If you want adaptations, I have about a hundred adaptions of other people work right here around my house.

Forum List

Back