Top tax rates were at 70% when Microsoft and Apple were founded

So do you think we should restore that tax bracket? If not, what is the purpose of your post?

P.S. Do you know the difference between earned income and capital gains?

I guess they forgot to tell Steve Jobs and Bill Gates that high tax rates kill incentives to innovate.

None of the people who started those companies were paying it.

The logic, you moron, goes like this -- poor but bright people would not try to innovate because high taxes would not let them benefit, should their innovation become a success.

And that logic, though it sounds plausible, is obviously flawed.

So do you think we should restore that tax bracket?

Yes, I do! Why wouldn't I?

We should rise the capital gain tax as well.

Why don't we stop the bullshit here and tell the truth for once.
You guys want to get as much money as you can in the hands of government as possible.

It probably killed you guys when IRA's and 401kplans came out.
How dare people put away a nice slice of their hard earned salaries.
That money belongs to government...

You don't like it send an extra 25% of your earnings this year when you file your taxes...

Do that and I will be impressed....
Until then shut the fuck up about people not paying enough taxes.... :eusa_clap:

I guess they forgot to tell Steve Jobs and Bill Gates that high tax rates kill incentives to innovate.

The logic, you moron, goes like this -- poor but bright people would not try to innovate because high taxes would not let them benefit, should their innovation become a success.

Hey Moron, no one says that. go ahead, link to me where anyne said that poor people wouldn't try to create anything because of taxes. I'll wait.

I just love these people...
They have no idea about anything.
They listen to Rhandi Rhodes and Thom Hartman
and think they know anything.

More taxes more spending.....
More,more,more....
Spend,spend spend...

When all you Libs put your money where your fat yaps are then we have a discussion.
I for one pay enough in taxes...About time this administration comes up with a budget.

So do you think we should restore that tax bracket?

You guys want to get as much money as you can in the hands of government as possible.

BS is that claim of yours. What we want the rich to pay their fair share. And not "to the government", but to seniors and disabled, to support children in poor families, to support our military, etc.

Hey Moron, no one says that. go ahead, link to me where anyne said that poor people wouldn't try to create anything because of taxes. I'll wait.

Idiots can't google, what a surprise:
High tax rates discourage work, saving and entrepreneurship

Except you really can't compare the two because tax structures were totally different. You could deduct all interest payments and income average over a number of years too.
Thread fail. Close this one.

BS is that claim of yours. What we want the rich to pay their fair share. And not "to the government", but to seniors and disabled, to support children in poor families, to support our military, etc.

Let the government take the money they take in now in taxes and do a better job spending it.

You don't like the tax code fine,change it.but to go about basically calling people cheaters and crooks and tax evaders when they pay EXACTLY what the law allows is almost criminal...

You guys pretty much ran your whole campaign calling wealthy people criminals.
And the dopes in your party fell for it hook,line and sinker.

Let the government take the money they take in now in taxes and do a better job spending it.

You don't like the tax code fine,change it.but to go about basically calling people cheaters and crooks and tax evaders when they pay EXACTLY what the law allows is almost criminal...

You guys pretty much ran your whole campaign calling wealthy people criminals.
And the dopes in your party fell for it hook,line and sinker.

Harry Reid has evidence Mitt paid no taxes for 10 years.

Except you really can't compare the two because tax structures were totally different. You could deduct all interest payments and income average over a number of years too.

You response is a failure -- unless you can show how that "tax structure" of yours would offset the 70% top rate.

First, the stories of a big government waste are simply not true. Yes, we can probably save a penny here and there, but not enough to cover future deficits. There is simply not enough revenue to meet the most expensive obligations -- namely social security, Medicare/Medicaid and defense. Aging population will not help either.

Second, even if there were enough revenue, there is still a matter of slow income growth for low and middle income earners -- relative to the breakneck rise of incomes of the rich. That has to be offset by high top marginal taxes.

but to go about basically calling people cheaters and crooks and tax evaders when they pay EXACTLY what the law allows

Hey, I can't be responsible for every idiot on the left, but I don't think that sentiment really exists. Fox News says it is, but that does not make it true.

You response is a failure -- unless you can show how that "tax structure" of yours would offset the 70% top rate.

Your thread is a failure. Do you really think things like that made no difference? Depreciation schedules were different, calculation of earnings was different. It was all different. You cannot compare the two based on just one factor.

Your thread is a failure. Do you really think things like that made no difference? Depreciation schedules were different, calculation of earnings was different. It was all different. You cannot compare the two based on just one factor.

Then go ahead -- do a full comparison and prove me wrong. Or name a single tax provision that would at least begin to offset the 70% top rate.

Forum List

Back