Top Programs too pussy to play Boise State

Texas has an out on this...they have to play OU, Oklahoma State, and Texas Tech every year. The SEC is just as tough.

They have nothing to gain and everything to lose. Should the 'Horns beat Boise, so what? They were supposed to, right? If they lose, they also lose their shot at the championship AND vault Boise into powerhouse status team.

Boise State may whine about it, but if the situation were reveresed they would do exactly the same thing.

Watch for the BCS to screw Boise State again

More reason to have playoffs. Some teams have no chance to contend for a championship. Boise is one of them

Texas has an out on this...they have to play OU, Oklahoma State, and Texas Tech every year. The SEC is just as tough.

They have nothing to gain and everything to lose. Should the 'Horns beat Boise, so what? They were supposed to, right? If they lose, they also lose their shot at the championship AND vault Boise into powerhouse status team.

Boise State may whine about it, but if the situation were reveresed they would do exactly the same thing.
the situation will never be reversed as long as Boise cannot be tested!

Then they need to jump conferences.

Texas, Texas Tech, the aggies and Baylor wanted to be taken seriously so they joined the Big 8 to form the Big 12. Now they're on a national stage every week.

If Boise St. thinks they're that good, jump conferences.

It's not the fault of the big schools in the Big 12 and SEC that Boise St. has a soft schedule. It's on Boise St. to come up with a tougher schedule.

I agree that we need a playoff system. It's a joke that we don't have one. It's about money. If you're sponsoring the Rose Bowl, it's advertised as such and the NCAA can charge you top dollar to sponsor it. If the Rose Bowl becomes just another game in playoff series, you can't charge companies as much to sponsor it.

The NCAA is making money hand over fist with the system they have, it's in their own best interest to keep it the way it is, even if it hurts the game of football on a college level.

I don't think Boise State should even be allowed to have a football team as long as they keep that gawd awful blue field. I hate that fucking thing! :evil:

Then they need to jump conferences.

Texas, Texas Tech, the aggies and Baylor wanted to be taken seriously so they joined the Big 8 to form the Big 12. Now they're on a national stage every week.

If Boise St. thinks they're that good, jump conferences.

It's not the fault of the big schools in the Big 12 and SEC that Boise St. has a soft schedule. It's on Boise St. to come up with a tougher schedule.

I agree that we need a playoff system. It's a joke that we don't have one. It's about money. If you're sponsoring the Rose Bowl, it's advertised as such and the NCAA can charge you top dollar to sponsor it. If the Rose Bowl becomes just another game in playoff series, you can't charge companies as much to sponsor it.

The NCAA is making money hand over fist with the system they have, it's in their own best interest to keep it the way it is, even if it hurts the game of football on a college level.

NCAA is making money off of games that don't mean anything. Does anyone really care who wins a game between the number 2 team in the SEC and the number 3 team in the SWC?
If the games actually meant anything, ratings would go through the roof. Even a casual fan would watch a game where the winner goes to the National Championship

The best argument against a playoff is NCAA basketball.

Nobody gives two fucks about any game until March Madness. They don't want to do that to football too.

The article mentions that Florida's non-conference games that year are Charleston Southern and Troy. Troy is 7-3 so far this year, which is as good or better than any team on Boise State's schedule this year except Oregon.

They weren't really calling out Florida were they? I think they mentioned they didn't have an opening in their schedule.

Yeah, they sorta were. The point of mentioning that was to say Florida plays creampuffs for their non-conference games.

Lord knows I hate Florida, but even if they play some cream puff teams, their conference games are in the SEC, which is without any real argument, the toughest conference in the nation year in an year out.

I don't really blame teams for wanting to avoid Boise state. They have a good program, but the WAC is perpetually weak and playing a WAC team only results in a loss of prestige.

I'm sure the Pac 10 would love to have Boise join. They could go find one more team and have enough for championship game.

I'm sure the Pac 10 would love to have Boise join. They could go find one more team and have enough for championship game.

People around here talk about them joining the Pac 10 all the time, which I might add was a tough conference this year except for fucking WSU. The Apple Cup has become the toilet bowl the last couple of years.

The best argument against a playoff is NCAA basketball.

Nobody gives two fucks about any game until March Madness. They don't want to do that to football too.

If there are only eight slots to make the NCAA football playoffs, you don't think every game matters if you want one of those eight slots?

Other teams will still be playing to qualify for silly non-BCS bowls

With OSU getting skull fucked by OU, it looks like Boise State just might be in the Fiesta Bowl afterall.

Good to see Boise get a shot....who will they be playing?

Forum List

Back