Top 5 possibilities for the RNC’s mystery speaker

She's an excellent choice but controversial and as such maybe the Romney camp wants to play it safe.

My own guess is that Trump is involved. He went around on the talk shows claiming that he was planning a huge surprise for the convention. We'll find out in the next 48 hours.

Holy crap. I think you're a Republican, do you think that would be a good choice?

You must remember. Many over there think she is really, really smart and stuff.

She's no Joe Biden

Scott Walker
One of the SEALs involved in the bin Laden killing
Or maybe Reice Preibus and it's much ado about nothing.

Both Walker and Preibus have already given speeches. I wouldn't hold my breath for a Navy Seal

Maybe you could get Jesse Ventura

Last edited:
My vote is in for a hard boiled egg, or a cheese crusted McDonalds wrapper. (That was a joke..) :lol:

No, seriously though.. I would not expect it to be anyone that is overtly polarizing (IE: Rush, Palin, etc..), but then again the Repubs have been known to shoot themselves in the foot before.

Eastwood would be an interesting one to see, though..

Joe Lieberman; Not a chance. He's a lifer when it comes to politics and he knows he's done, so the gop doesn't need him.

Colin Powell; He backed obama cuz he was black, so fuck him. He's out.

Nancy Reagan; She's a little too old for conventions, maybe live via satellite, but she won't be there.

Clint Eastwood; Could be. He is a politician now, the reasons given are sound, but his history is one of being cheap, not frugal, but cheap.

Tim Tebow; Good lord I hope not. The gop needs to move away from the religious nuts and focus on the fiscal

Palin; Not as toxic as you might think. Her endorsement wouldn't move many indies one way or another, but would motive conservatives to back Mitt.

My vote is in for a hard boiled egg, or a cheese crusted McDonalds wrapper. (That was a joke..) :lol:

No, seriously though.. I would not expect it to be anyone that is overtly polarizing (IE: Rush, Palin, etc..), but then again the Repubs have been known to shoot themselves in the foot before.Eastwood would be an interesting one to see, though..

:lol:They sure have. But at least we still a foot to stand on. The lefties lost theirs back in 2008.

Usama bin Laden, via satellite from Gitmo. But I'm sure Obama has everything in place to prevent that from happening.

So the next best would be Obama's brother, George.

Joe Lieberman; Not a chance. He's a lifer when it comes to politics and he knows he's done, so the gop doesn't need him.

Colin Powell; He backed obama cuz he was black, so fuck him. He's out.

Nancy Reagan; She's a little too old for conventions, maybe live via satellite, but she won't be there.

Clint Eastwood; Could be. He is a politician now, the reasons given are sound, but his history is one of being cheap, not frugal, but cheap.

Tim Tebow; Good lord I hope not. The gop needs to move away from the religious nuts and focus on the fiscal

Palin; Not as toxic as you might think. Her endorsement wouldn't move many indies one way or another, but would motive conservatives to back Mitt.

We want to exclude someone b/c of his faith; a faith that has has a positive impact upon society? I couldn't disagree more. We needn't be arrogant just b/c the left wants to focus upon various religious nutballs.

Who I would not mind seeing:

From the Celebrity Side
Clint Eastwood
James Earl Jones
Alice Cooper
Jon Voight

From the politics side:
Bobby Jindal
Rand Paul
Fred Thompson (Could be on the celeb list too.. LOL)

How about the elder Bush? Very highly respected man that could tie the party to its past without hitching it to the Bush/Cheney ticket.

I think it would be great to pay tribute to Bush Sr. He has never gotten his due and is the closest thing they have to Reagan

They may not get another chance in four years

Forum List

Back