Top 3% of U.S. Taxpayers Paid Majority of Income Taxes in 2016

Bullshit! Most of them inherited their wealth. Many of them are benefiting from the Corporate tax cuts as stocks rise. The Budget Deficit, that pays for the military to protect their wealth, is $900b this year. The chart below clearly shows that the top tax rate can increase to cover the Deficit since they received nearly all of the financial gains. They may have made those financial gains by moving the US factories overseas to take advantage of the low wages and lax environmental laws. We don't want the US to become Mexico with 99% peons and 1% super-rich.

View attachment 222758

Haha...”most of them inherited their wealth”.....BULLSHIT!
Sounds like you’re after a little dose of commie-lite...no?
Do you ever listen to yourself?
“Excuse me neighbor, you’re more successful than I am and you’ve done better for yourself than I have so I’m gonna need you to pay my way… Oh and by the way, my buddy here Gustavo, he’s from Mexico and I’m going to need you to pay his way as well.”

The scary thing is, the beggars don’t even realize how fucking stupid that sounds.

Very few people are "self-made" millionaires, please see the following link, its factual not bullshit:
Wealth, Inheritance and Social Mobility
  1. Inheritance Matters. An estimated 35 to 45 percent of wealth is inherited rather than self-made, according to Kopczuk’s review of the literature.
  2. Inheritance Could Hurt Mobility, especially when combined with the other advantages that wealthy parents provide their children (such as more engaged parenting, better schooling, help with paying for college or investing in a home, and all kinds of social capital or useful connections). As Richard Reeves argues, wealth helps to create a “glass floor”, below which children in privileged families cannot fall.
From the IRS site - I don't see any "commie-lite"; everyone pays, the top rates are way too low to fund the government 161,000/600,000 = 27% while the median family pays 8,907/77,400 = 12% but with a lot less money for their family.

So the Federal Budget is $3.9T with only $3.0T of revenue, we borrow about $900b a year, we need to cut spending and raise revenue, or the government becomes Greece, and we all lose. What sounds stupid is continued borrowing, and the wealthy had better stop whining...it won't affect the lifestyles, of the rich and obnoxious.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fkellyphillipserb%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F12%2FMFJ_2018_CONF.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fkellyphillipserb%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F03%2FSingle-CONF-2.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fkellyphillipserb%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F03%2FSingle-CONF-2.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fkellyphillipserb%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F12%2FMFJ_2018_CONF.jpg
So the question is, how many times do you want people to pay taxes on the same money?

Everyone pays once. What's wrong with that?
yep, so if mom and dad paid once, that's paid once.

The exemption on inheritance tax is $5,000,000 so if a trust fund baby needs to pay the tax, stop whining and pay it, then thank your parents for the gift.

So have I. neither party is listening.
we may need to appeal to the majority.
the representation, is not correct in DC. just isn't. It isn't in the states either. I live in Illinois, and Mike Madigan has been in charge of this state for almost thirty years. This state sucks on property taxes. worst in the country, and old mike wants to raise them more. failure is the only option for Madigan.
raise the minimum wage to raise taxes and help the poor pay their share.
that bankrupts the country. you should know that.
why would anyone but a negative thinking right winger; believe that?
Because you’re too stupid to know that if you do that every other salary must go up by the same amount to that to take minimum wages to fifteen dollars. Why don’t you know that?? Why should high school kids make what educated people make?

I'm in the 3% I pay more in taxes than most people earn in a year. Don't tell me I'm not paying my 'fair' share I pay my share and your share. :eusa_hand:
tax cut economics only increases the Peoples' debt while You get richer.

Then cut spending, the moochers are sucking up most of that government spending don't saddle me with YOUR problems.
let's cut our alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror; you don't want to pay WarTime tax rates for them.

the representation, is not correct in DC. just isn't. It isn't in the states either. I live in Illinois, and Mike Madigan has been in charge of this state for almost thirty years. This state sucks on property taxes. worst in the country, and old mike wants to raise them more. failure is the only option for Madigan.
Because you’re too stupid to know that if you do that every other salary must go up by the same amount to that to take minimum wages to fifteen dollars. Why don’t you know that?? Why should high school kids make what educated people make?
Gravity Payments is our left wing, anecdotal answer.

I'm in the 3% I pay more in taxes than most people earn in a year. Don't tell me I'm not paying my 'fair' share I pay my share and your share. :eusa_hand:

Then cut spending, the moochers are sucking up most of that government spending don't saddle me with YOUR problems.
let's cut our alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror; you don't want to pay WarTime tax rates for them.

That's like shooting spitballs a the problem. Lets cut welfare, lazy moochers can get off their ass, work a job and pay their fair share.

That's like shooting spitballs a the problem. Lets cut welfare, lazy moochers can get off their ass, work a job and pay their fair share.
end those programs; they don't solve anything.

Same bullshit thread is posted 2-3 times a year

There are many taxes. Federal Income tax is but one, a very progressive one, which makes it an attractive cherry pick for those trying to argue that the rich have it too tough in America :rolleyes:

Here is the no-bullshit view of total effective tax burden in this coutry:

state-local-federal-taxes-income.jpg

No source?
Do you ever think that the tax code might be being used to affect how people utilize their wealth?
Incentives for certain actions?
Otherwise you have no control over what they do with their money.

The one tax graph you really need to know

The rest of your post has nothing to do with what you are replying to. Not interested in your side-ranting.

Yes it does cupcake

You are stating that State taxes show the wealthy pay less is State taxes and I just told you why darling.

No dumbass, I am not. The only thing I was showing is true tax-burden broken down by income groups.

And why do higher income groups pay a smaller percentage Einstein?

The fact that you think educated people make fifteen dollars an hour reveals your own income must be somewhere in that fifteen dollar an hour neighborhood.

We are not letting your boss El Chapo out of jail ....

The fact that you think educated people make fifteen dollars an hour reveals your own income must be somewhere in that fifteen dollar an hour neighborhood.

So you don't think paramedic's are educated now???

EMTs and Paramedics/Median pay (annual)

31,980 USD
upload_2018-10-16_22-20-4.jpeg

Entry level education: Postsecondary nondegree award
Median pay (hourly): 15.38 USD (2015)
Projected 10-year growth: 24% (2014)

We have progressive taxes because that is the way our Founder's wanted it. Progressive taxes were one means to prevent the unnatural concentration of wealth in the hands of a few.

Some people hear "progressive" and have a pavlovian response.

Here is Thomas Jefferson (a favorite Founder of small government lovers everywhere):
Another means of silently lessening the inequality of property is to exempt all from taxation below a certain point, and to tax the higher portions of property in geometrical progression as they rise. Whenever there is in any country, uncultivated lands and unemployed poor, it is clear that the laws of property have been so far extended as to violate natural right.

Equality: Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
The power to provide for the general welfare is general. We should be solving the problems of our Republic by promoting the general welfare.

the right wing is whining about a minimum wage.
People should ask what they can do for the country

:dunno:

That top three pays about 60% of the taxes paid.

If it weren't for them I wonder who everyone thinks would be paying those taxes.
Well we know its not 47% of the population

-Geaux
raise the minimum wage until the poor pay enough in taxes.
No, let the poor get a higher paying job, then they will pay higher taxes.

-Geaux

That has got to be one of the most simple comments I've ever heard on here. Let's forget EVERYTHING, let's not investigate or even use our brains. What can we come up with?

Dude, you’re making no sense. We’ve been telling you that every time you post this snot!

If it weren't for them I wonder who everyone thinks would be paying those taxes.
Guess TRump the pos and his son in law weren't included in that 3% lol

Bet they pay more taxes than you ever will dipshit.

In fact they probably pay more taxes than you, your family and your friends.

Carry on clueless.
Prove it please....that both the orange and his Zionist son in law pay Lots of taxes.

Carry on clueless.
Prove it please....that both the orange and his Zionist son in law pay Lots of taxes.
well he had one of his tax returns on Madow show. you missed that? do some research before you spew.

Carry on clueless.
well he had one of his tax returns on Madow show. you missed that? do some research before you spew.
You mean the one he leaked ??? He once upon a time took a loss of over 900 million and he's used that to offset any taxes he owed and thats just one slime bag way he avoids paying And his son in law has increased his wealth 4x to 324 million in the past 7,8 years with these deductions only the very wealthy can use You have a ponzi a great grifter in your WH and you still support him ?

We are not letting your boss El Chapo out of jail ....
There is no Prohibition Clause; your bosses are unconstitutional.

We have progressive taxes because that is the way our Founder's wanted it. Progressive taxes were one means to prevent the unnatural concentration of wealth in the hands of a few.

Some people hear "progressive" and have a pavlovian response.

Here is Thomas Jefferson (a favorite Founder of small government lovers everywhere):
Another means of silently lessening the inequality of property is to exempt all from taxation below a certain point, and to tax the higher portions of property in geometrical progression as they rise. Whenever there is in any country, uncultivated lands and unemployed poor, it is clear that the laws of property have been so far extended as to violate natural right.

Equality: Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
The power to provide for the general welfare is general. We should be solving the problems of our Republic by promoting the general welfare.

the right wing is whining about a minimum wage.
People should ask what they can do for the country
pay more in taxes with a higher minimum wage.

Dude, you’re making no sense. We’ve been telling you that every time you post this snot!
Dude, you all have no sense; that is why the right wing, Never gets it.

Forum List

Back