Top 20 Superhero Movies

Of course, at the moment Tony Stark isn't Iron Man at all. Riri Williams, a teenage girl genius, is Ironheart, and Doctor Doom is actually running around as Iron Man. Doom has reformed after playing god for a while in the wake of the destruction of the multiverse. Stark created an AI of himself that is helping Riri Williams, I think. And Stark himself was in a coma, and has disappeared.

....Yeah, I think that's the story at the moment. :p

I have some good news and bad news so far. Some of the comics hasn't aged well in price, and believe it or not a lot of them only books between $10 and $30. One however is worth a few hundred.

Want to guess which one?

It's surprising those aren't worth more, although they aren't the bigger titles.

I have some good news and bad news so far. Some of the comics hasn't aged well in price, and believe it or not a lot of them only books between $10 and $30. One however is worth a few hundred.

Want to guess which one?

It's surprising those aren't worth more, although they aren't the bigger titles.

Well I can't find the Defenders one, but I found the rest.

Nevermind I found the Defenders, but my statement still stands.

I thought the GotG might have gone up in price since the movie. I've never understood what makes some collectibles valuable over others. :dunno:

Part of the issue is the first Guardians team is not who is on the current team... and it is part of the "Marvel Presents" series and not an actual run of Guardians of the Galaxy.

I'm also pissed because I remember that I sold Peter Parker #1, so my long run starts at #2.

There was a time in the mid 1980s when I needed some cash, so some good comics went out the door. :(

They wouldn't be worth nearly as much as your comics, but I feel somewhat the same way about my old Magic: The Gathering cards.

I never had particularly valuable comics. I remember buying Punisher and Wolverine, and some various things here and there. I did not have anything really old.
I had never heard of those before about 6 months ago, when my chiropractor told me he sold his Gathering cards for $40,000! He used that to open up his practice.

I picked up this comic today pretty cheap. It is a preview comic that is actually the first appearance of Jesse Custer from Preacher.

s-l1600.jpg

Want to guess which one?
No clue. Ms. Marvel? Captain Marvel?

Want to guess which one?

Ms. Marvel. It has gone up quite a bit since the movie was announced and Brie Larson was given the leading role.

Hey, I found it! I thought I sold Peter Parker, but it was in my separate briefcase where I keep my Hulk #181. I have #180, also.

comics4.jpg

Want to guess which one?

Ms. Marvel. It has gone up quite a bit since the movie was announced and Brie Larson was given the leading role.
Cool! I have a whole run!

I need to jump on that. I could have sold my Howard The Duck run for a lot of money before the movie came out. Now they ain't worth shit.

Want to guess which one?

Cool! I have a whole run!

I need to jump on that. I could have sold my Howard The Duck run for a lot of money before the movie came out. Now they ain't worth shit.

No, they are kind of worth a little money as he's been in both Guardians movies.

Hey, I found it! I thought I sold Peter Parker, but it was in my separate briefcase where I keep my Hulk #181. I have #180, also.

View attachment 164237

The Spectacular Spider-man #1 is worth less than that Amazing Spider-man you have. Do you have ASM #129? The Hulk 182 is worth hundreds of dollars too.

That X-men #13 is worthless. :tinfoil:

X-men #100 is worth a few hundred.

Captain America is going to be worth close to a grand or more depending on condition. So is Hawkman #1.

Thank you for all the info, Lewdog! You've gotten me all hyped about looking into selling these.

There's a comic store not too far away. I went there last year and described some of my collection. The guy was really eager to see them and give me a price for the whole lot, even saying "I'll come to your house if that's better for you". Uh, no.

But I'm afraid I wouldn't get a great deal from a store.

I found a Daredevil #10 that I forgot about, too. And a fairly early Fantastic Four with Dr. Doom. #84?

Thank you for all the info, Lewdog! You've gotten me all hyped about looking into selling these.

There's a comic store not too far away. I went there last year and described some of my collection. The guy was really eager to see them and give me a price for the whole lot, even saying "I'll come to your house if that's better for you". Uh, no.

Trust me... if you spend the extra cash to get them graded you'll get so much more out of them... and there are Facebook groups where you can get more cash out of them than selling to a comic shop. With Paypal you don't have to worry about getting screwed on the payment either.

Now just find me that Iron Man #55. :) Amazing Spider-man first appearance of The Punisher is big bucks.

Here is the rough price guide for Hulk 181

Condition Raw Value Graded Value
10.0 (GEM MINT) $8,200 $24,600
9.9 (MINT) $7,380 $18,450
9.8 (NEAR MINT/MINT) $6,150 $12,300
9.6 (NEAR MINT+) $4,920 $9,840
9.4 (NEAR MINT) $4,100 $8,200
9.2 (NEAR MINT-) $3,690 $7,380
9.0 (VERY FINE/NEAR MINT) $3,280 $4,920
8.5 (VERY FINE+) $2,870 $4,305
8.0 (VERY FINE) $2,665 $2,665

Trust me... if you spend the extra cash to get them graded you'll get so much more out of them... and there are Facebook groups where you can get more cash out of them than selling to a comic shop. With Paypal you don't have to worry about getting screwed on the payment either.

Now just find me that Iron Man #55. :) Amazing Spider-man first appearance of The Punisher is big bucks.
But that Spidey/Punisher I have is the 2nd appearance, right? Isn't the previous issue his first appearance?

Forum List

Back