Top 20 Superhero Movies

Thank you for all the info, Lewdog! You've gotten me all hyped about looking into selling these.

There's a comic store not too far away. I went there last year and described some of my collection. The guy was really eager to see them and give me a price for the whole lot, even saying "I'll come to your house if that's better for you". Uh, no.

But I'm afraid I wouldn't get a great deal from a store.

Trust me... if you spend the extra cash to get them graded you'll get so much more out of them... and there are Facebook groups where you can get more cash out of them than selling to a comic shop. With Paypal you don't have to worry about getting screwed on the payment either.

Now just find me that Iron Man #55. :) Amazing Spider-man first appearance of The Punisher is big bucks.
But that Spidey/Punisher I have is the 2nd appearance, right? Isn't the previous issue his first appearance?

The AMS #162 is worth less than $100. It doesn't say if it is Punisher's second appearance, it just says it is an appearance of him and Nightcrawler.

No first appearance is #129.

Here is the rough price guide for Hulk 181

Condition Raw Value Graded Value
10.0 (GEM MINT) $8,200 $24,600
9.9 (MINT) $7,380 $18,450
9.8 (NEAR MINT/MINT) $6,150 $12,300
9.6 (NEAR MINT+) $4,920 $9,840
9.4 (NEAR MINT) $4,100 $8,200
9.2 (NEAR MINT-) $3,690 $7,380
9.0 (VERY FINE/NEAR MINT) $3,280 $4,920
8.5 (VERY FINE+) $2,870 $4,305
8.0 (VERY FINE) $2,665 $2,665
Wow. I had no idea it had gone up so much. I don't know where mine falls on the grade scale.

Thank you for all the info, Lewdog! You've gotten me all hyped about looking into selling these.

There's a comic store not too far away. I went there last year and described some of my collection. The guy was really eager to see them and give me a price for the whole lot, even saying "I'll come to your house if that's better for you". Uh, no.

Trust me... if you spend the extra cash to get them graded you'll get so much more out of them... and there are Facebook groups where you can get more cash out of them than selling to a comic shop. With Paypal you don't have to worry about getting screwed on the payment either.

Now just find me that Iron Man #55. :) Amazing Spider-man first appearance of The Punisher is big bucks.
But that Spidey/Punisher I have is the 2nd appearance, right? Isn't the previous issue his first appearance?

The AMS #162 is worth less than $100. It doesn't say if it is Punisher's second appearance, it just says it is an appearance of him and Nightcrawler.

Ahh, ok. Then I probably have #130 somewhere.

Here is a good page for you that points you towards the books you should look for.

Top 50 Most Valuable Comic Books from the Bronze Age

ASM #132 Punisher makes a cameo, #135 is his second full appearance, but it is only around $100.

#194 is your next key issue worth good money.

Here is a good page for you that points you towards the books you should look for.

Holy shit, I think I have about 10 of those! Definitely the X-Men other than Giant Size #1 and #94 which I stupidly sold. And I think I have all those Iron Fist. I think I have the Death of Gwen Stacy and the other Spidey, except #129. Almost positive I have that Batman/Joker #251, but I'm wondering if it's bagged. I think I just saw that Marvel Premiere Warlock in my collection. I have the Spiderwoman. I have the Daredevil/Electra. And I may have that Spotlight on Ghost Rider!

I remember those Star Wars ones but didn't buy them because I hate Star Wars. I should have bought it anyway.

The one I'm really curious about is the Green Lantern/Arrow one. I remember that cover, but I may have only seen it in a comic guide. I have a whole run of those but I don't think they date back to the 15 cent ones.

Thanks again, Lewdog!

I just found some Iron Man, but the run begins with #103. :(

I think I was late to the Iron Man series. And I may not have that Gwen Stacy after all.

I have this one in mint condition and kept it separate, with my Hulk #181. I don't know why. Is it valuable?

165007-18058-112804-1-detective-comics.jpg

(1) Batman Dark Knight (The Joker stole the show)
(2) Batman Begins (Bale was the right choice unlike his replacement)
(3) Man of Steel (call me crazy, but I loved this movie)
(4) Spiderman 2 (Dr. Oct and Spiderman, great)
(5) Avengers
(6) Xmen 2 (beat the original in my mind)
(7) Spiderman (Great, just not as good as the sequel)
(8) Xmen (Ditto)
(9) Ironman
(10) Watchmen (Never heard of them before, but the movie was awesome)
(11) Hulk/Ed Norton (It was very under-rated)
(12) Amazing Spiderman (the reboot is good, just not as good at Toby's Spiderman 1 and 2)
(13) Captain America (It was a ton better than I expected)
(14) Ironman 2 (I am leaving off 3, since I thought it wasn't any good)
(15) Incrediables (Great Pixar movie)
(16) Unbreakable (Very unrated movie. I still enjoy it.)
(17) Batman/Michael Keaton (A little cheesy now and so inferior to the new one, but still good in it's own way)
(18) Blade (Pick one they are all the same, but Snipes played the character well)
(19) Crow (Very dark and something cool about it)
(20) Superman 1 & 2 (I loved these as a kid, but now they are very cheesy and low special effects. Still good in their own way, but dated.)

NOTE: I left Wolverine (he was my favorite superhero growing up, but I thought the movies were weak); Thor (I didn't see the 2nd one and I thought the first sucked); FF (blew);
Remember that movie with will smith and Charlene Theron? He was a bum and also a superhero. Pretty good.

And that reminds me of suicide squad. What did you think of it? I liked it.

Yes you are crazy Michael Keaton batman sucked.

I can’t wait to see the next superhero movies to come out. The one with aqua man and wonderwoman. And there’s a new one with Thor and hulk. Love all superhero movies even the bad ones.

The worst was the one with Chris O’Donnell as robin and Arnold as mr freeze and uma was poison ivy. I’m glad Harvey made her blow him after seeing that

Holy shit, I think I have about 10 of those! Definitely the X-Men other than Giant Size #1 and #94 which I stupidly sold. And I think I have all those Iron Fist. I think I have the Death of Gwen Stacy and the other Spidey, except #129. Almost positive I have that Batman/Joker #251, but I'm wondering if it's bagged. I think I just saw that Marvel Premiere Warlock in my collection. I have the Spiderwoman. I have the Daredevil/Electra. And I may have that Spotlight on Ghost Rider!

I remember those Star Wars ones but didn't buy them because I hate Star Wars. I should have bought it anyway.

The one I'm really curious about is the Green Lantern/Arrow one. I remember that cover, but I may have only seen it in a comic guide. I have a whole run of those but I don't think they date back to the 15 cent ones.

Thanks again, Lewdog!

There is an Amazing Spider-man that is the first appearance of Hobgoblin worth good cash... and Amazing Spider-man #300 is worth a ton.

(5) Avengers
(8) Xmen (Ditto)
(9) Ironman
(12) Amazing Spiderman (the reboot is good, just not as good at Toby's Spiderman 1 and 2)
(17) Batman/Michael Keaton (A little cheesy now and so inferior to the new one, but still good in it's own way)
(18) Blade (Pick one they are all the same, but Snipes played the character well)
(20) Superman 1 & 2 (I loved these as a kid, but now they are very cheesy and low special effects. Still good in their own way, but dated.)

NOTE: I left Wolverine (he was my favorite superhero growing up, but I thought the movies were weak); Thor (I didn't see the 2nd one and I thought the first sucked); FF (blew);
Remember that movie with will smith and Charlene Theron? He was a bum and also a superhero. Pretty good.

I can’t wait to see the next superhero movies to come out. The one with aqua man and wonderwoman. And there’s a new one with Thor and hulk. Love all superhero movies even the bad ones.

The worst was the one with Chris O’Donnell as robin and Arnold as mr freeze and uma was poison ivy. I’m glad Harvey made her blow him after seeing that

Hancock

(5) Avengers
(8) Xmen (Ditto)
(9) Ironman

Thor and Hulk movie came out the first week of November and Justice League came out last week. You are a little slow on the trigger. :mm:

Thanks again, Lewdog!

There is an Amazing Spider-man that is the first appearance of Hobgoblin worth good cash... and Amazing Spider-man #300 is worth a ton.
I quit buying in 1979.

I have this one in mint condition and kept it separate, with my Hulk #181. I don't know why. Is it valuable?

Around $75.

Marshall Rogers Art. Classic Sign of The Joker Cover
Now, it wouldn't make sense to get that graded, right?

What's the cheapest price from the Comics Guide that would be worth having graded by CGC?

If it would grade out a 9.0 or higher it is worth getting graded. You can get comics graded for around $18 if you are a member, not only does having a graded book make it worth more, but it is so much easier to sell.

Just swear to me you aren't going to take them to a comic shop and just give them away for nothing. I can get you a lot more money out of them.

Around $75.

Marshall Rogers Art. Classic Sign of The Joker Cover
Now, it wouldn't make sense to get that graded, right?

What's the cheapest price from the Comics Guide that would be worth having graded by CGC?

If it would grade out a 9.0 or higher it is worth getting graded. You can get comics graded for around $18 if you are a member, not only does having a graded book make it worth more, but it is so much easier to sell.

Just swear to me you aren't going to take them to a comic shop and just give them away for nothing. I can get you a lot more money out of them.
But see, I don't know if what I'm considering Near Mint is what they consider Near Mint. That Ms. Marvel looks perfect to me. Read once, put away for decades, not a mark on it, to my eyes.

Like that Sign of the Joker. Same thing. If Near Mint gets $75 is it worth getting graded? What's the minimum grading charge? All graded comics get that plexiglass box, right?

Member? Can you join CGC? I'm really clueless about all of this, detail-wise.

No way am I going to sell to a store after seeing that page you linked!
JsmwJzO.gif

Just talked to CGC for 30 minutes. Going to become a member right before I drive down to Sarasota early in 2018.

I mentioned my concerns with shipping them and she acknowledged the risk, but said there are rarely issues. Not good enough for me. She mentioned that I could submit for free at a Comic Con, but all they do is mail them back to Sarasota, so the same risk is there.

15 comic minimum submission.

I still have an incredible comic book collection from the 1970s, and 1960s. You know those long cardboard comic boxes that you see in comic stores? I have 8 or 10 of them, fully packed. All in plastic, with backing boards. At least 80% of them are in mint or near mint condition. Some of my prized ones are

Hulk #181 - the very first Wolverine appearance, which I've seen sell on eBay for $5,000.

Hawkman #1

Captain America #100 (which is #1 of the re-boot from the 1960s)

Champions #1-20-something

Howard the Duck #1- 20 or 30 something

Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man #1- the 100+

I have a whole bunch of runs starting with issue #1:

Man-Thing
OMAC (One Man Army Corp - Jack Kirby)
SpiderWoman
Ms. Marvel

I'm drawing a blank on others, but there are a lot! And a lot of them didn't last long, but I have them.

I had the Spider-Man that featured the first appearance of Punisher but I sold it.

I have X-Men from about #80 through the end of the 1970s. #150 or higher. I forget. I sold Giant-Size X-Men #1, which was worth some money. I also have some very early X-Men, like #10 or so. Same with early Daredevil.

I have VERY long runs of:

Daredevil
Spider-Man
Hulk
Avengers
Defenders
Superman
Batman
Flash
Action Comics (Superman)
Detective Comics (Batman)
Green Lantern
Iron Man
X-Men
Justice League
Thor

It's quite a collection. I'm sure I'm forgetting some key comics.

I have some odd collectables, too. The Alice Cooper and Kiss appearances - I forget which comics. I have the large format Superman vs. Spider-Man crossover. I have a collection of about 20 really old Classics Illustrated, like Hunchback of Notre Dame, that my father had as a kid, but they're not in the best of shape.

I would love to sell them all. They are probably worth at least $20,000.

So many of those older comics are just terrible. :p I suppose I can understand young children enjoying them, but I'm glad comics grew to include adult readers.

Yet the older comics are worth money. Comics of the 90s are worth nothing. Just ask a early buyer if image!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back