Top 10 Wackiest street names

Abbey Normal

Jul 9, 2005
Mid-Atlantic region
Psycho Path Voted Wackiest Street Name Fri Feb 24, 7:06 PM ET

LOS ANGELES - Farfrompoopen Road, the only road to Constipation Ridge, lost to Divorce Court and Psycho Path, which placed No. 1 in an online poll of the nation's wildest, weirdest and wackiest street names.

Mitsubishi Motors sponsored the poll on the Web site http://www.TheCarConnection.com and more than 2,500 voters cast their ballots during a week of voting that ended this month. Winners were announced Friday.

The complete top 10 list included:

10. Tater Peeler Road in Lebanon, Texas

9. The intersection of Count and Basie in Richmond, Va.

8. Shades of Death Road in Warren County, N.J.

7. Unexpected Road in Buena, N.J.

6. Bucket of Blood Street in Holbrook, Ariz.

5. The intersection of Clinton and Fidelity in Houston

4. The intersection of Lonesome and Hardup in Albany, Ga.

3. Farfrompoopen Road in Tennessee (the only road up to Constipation Ridge)

2. Divorce Court in Heather Highlands, Pa.

1. Psycho Path in Traverse City, Mich.

We have some interesting road names around here, which I think denote the rural flavor of the area..

Goose Run Road
Chicken Hollow Road
Stony Hollow Road
Bethel-New Hope Road (shows the "Bible Belt" attitude of the area)

mom4 said:
We have some interesting road names around here, which I think denote the rural flavor of the area..

Goose Run Road
Chicken Hollow Road
Stony Hollow Road
Bethel-New Hope Road (shows the "Bible Belt" attitude of the area)

We have an Easy Street and a Lois Lane :)

I also know of a Lois Lane here, but I think the funniest ones are in my dad's neighborhood in Ramsey, MN. The developers decided to name the streets after the periodic table of elements, AND in alphabetical order. They don't have ALL the elements, just one for each letter of the alphabet. Like, my dad was on Vanadium St. My friend lived a few blocks down on Iodine st. And, the funniest two names were Junkite St. and Krypton St. yes, Krypton. I always wondered if the people on that street got prank calls involving Superman.
mapquest:

Attachments

• $mapquest.JPG
    $mapquest.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 85
Here is something odd, well maybe, there is a "John" Street and a "Robert" Street where I live. When I was a kid, I knew two brothers named John and Robert. Can you guess where they lived? That's right, on the corner of those two streets.

You may think the parents named them that way deliberately, except one was adopted, so he probably already had his name.

Forum List

Back