Top 10 QB over the next 5 years in order!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
(1)T - P. Manning - Just does it all
(1)T - T.Brady - Yes I took the easy way out, by picking a tie; but Brady has bounced back and is an all-time great, who is still young
(3) D. Brees - Just a stud
(4) E. Manning - The little Manning has emerged more than ever after winning the superbowl
(5) C. Palmer - Having a mixed year and hasn't been the same since that horrible playoff cheap-shot injury. Before the injury he was right behind Mannig and Brady. I think he will regain that footing starting now as the Bengals head to the playoffs,
(6) Cutler - Call it a homer pick, but he is doing a lot with young inexperience, yet speedy and talented, WR, a horrible OL and no running game. He will be Chicago's 2nd HOF QB(OK that is homer comment)
(7) Roethlisberger - Many will call me crazy for not putting him number 4 or 5, but hell its my list and I can place him where I want. :razz:
(8) M. Ryan - Funny how quickly ATL rebounded from losing a franchise QB, to regaining a franchise QB!
(9) M. Schaub - Schaub just just sell stocks! Sunni and Shogun must hate seeing a Jew do so well in the NFL!
(10) A. Rodger - Call me a homer again for rating a Packer so low, but I will admit I don't give him the benefit of the doubt because I secretly pray he fails!

Honorable Mentions:
Romo - He is talented, but I think the others are better.
Sanchez - He is doing alright, but he has a lot to prove! He
K. Orton - I root for the guy and I'm glad the Broncos are doing well, but not ready to put him in the top 10 yet!

Please don't call me a bigot for placing only white guys in the top 10 OK C. Bass!

Not a bad list. I'd go with the roughly the same ten but include Philip Rivers and drop Schaub. I'd but Big Ben higher and Cutler and Palmer lower.

You don't think Brett Favre will be around in five years?

Not a bad list. I'd go with the roughly the same ten but include Philip Rivers and drop Schaub. I'd but Big Ben higher and Cutler and Palmer lower.
I'm not a big Rivers fan that is why didn't even mention him! I think SD is kicking themselves right now. Palmer is my darkhorse pick to come back to dominance! Big Ben is good and I admit I might be overrating him. As a Bears fan I have to give Cutler the benefit of the doubt!

You don't think Brett Favre will be around in five years?
I say it every year, but I can't see him going past next year and if he does he has to be playing at a lower level.

McNabb is my big snub, I see the injuries catching up to him! As a fellow Chicago, I hope I'm wrong. McNabb is nothing less than a class act!

1) P. Manning
2) Brees
3) Brady
4) Flacco
5) Ryan
6) Schaub
7) Rodgers
8) Sanchez
9) Stafford
10) Palmer

Roethlisberger is not going to be a great QB.. but a good QB on a tough team that gets wins... kind of like Bradshaw, who I also do not consider a great QB
Don't see Cutler or Rivers or E. Manning really being top 10 QB's

And I am not taking into account anyone who is not in the league currently....

1) P. Manning
2) Brees
3) Brady
4) Flacco
5) Ryan
6) Schaub
7) Rodgers
8) Sanchez
9) Stafford
10) Palmer

Roethlisberger is not going to be a great QB.. but a good QB on a tough team that gets wins... kind of like Bradshaw, who I also do not consider a great QB

You can't be serious! Flacco! E. Manning already won a fricking Championship. Ditto for Big Ben and he only keeps getting better! Cutler has put up big numbners for a long time! If you haven't noticed, the Jets have been winning despite Sanchez (his passer rating is in the 50's just above Russels)! And Stafford! Come on now he plays for the Lions he is destined to suck! Can you say Harrington!

1) P. Manning
2) Brees
3) Brady
4) Flacco
5) Ryan
6) Schaub
7) Rodgers
8) Sanchez
9) Stafford
10) Palmer

Talk about projection!

Big Ben has already won two Super Bowls, Eli has one against one of the greatest teams of all time.
Flacco, Stafford and Sanchez have shown nothing to date

(1)T - T.Brady - Yes I took the easy way out, by picking a tie; but Brady has bounced back and is an all-time great, who is still young
(4) E. Manning - The little Manning has emerged more than ever after winning the superbowl
(5) C. Palmer - Having a mixed year and hasn't been the same since that horrible playoff cheap-shot injury. Before the injury he was right behind Mannig and Brady. I think he will regain that footing starting now as the Bengals head to the playoffs,
(6) Cutler - Call it a homer pick, but he is doing a lot with young inexperience, yet speedy and talented, WR, a horrible OL and no running game. He will be Chicago's 2nd HOF QB(OK that is homer comment)
(7) Roethlisberger - Many will call me crazy for not putting him number 4 or 5, but hell its my list and I can place him where I want. :razz:
(8) M. Ryan - Funny how quickly ATL rebounded from losing a franchise QB, to regaining a franchise QB!
(9) M. Schaub - Schaub just just sell stocks! Sunni and Shogun must hate seeing a Jew do so well in the NFL!
(10) A. Rodger - Call me a homer again for rating a Packer so low, but I will admit I don't give him the benefit of the doubt because I secretly pray he fails!

Honorable Mentions:
K. Orton - I root for the guy and I'm glad the Broncos are doing well, but not ready to put him in the top 10 yet!

Please don't call me a bigot for placing only white guys in the top 10 OK C. Bass!

Good list except you left off Rivers and Flacco.........

Honorable Mentions:

I personally don't think much of Flacco! At least not enough to think he will be a top 10 the next 5 years. I think Rivers is a little over rated. Although he is good, I don't think he ranks above anyone on the top 10 mentioned!

Honorable Mentions:

I personally don't think much of Flacco! At least not enough to think he will be a top 10 the next 5 years. I think Rivers is a little over rated. Although he is good, I don't think he ranks above anyone on the top 10 mentioned!

You need to see more of him, he just threw for 385 yards and 2 TD's against Minnesota with a rookie LT and lets face it, he has average WR's.

Mention to Romo?

For what, being the most over-rated choker currently in the NFL?

OK, a list:

1)P Manning..for now. Not a kid anymore, the older Manning has over come injury to again be on top
2)Dree Brees..Best pure passer in the NFL, only a lack of defense has prevented him from being a champion
3)Tom Brady..if he's recovered from injury, watch out
4)Bret Farve..Turned the Vikes into Superbowl contender
5)Phil Rivers..San deigo's QB has been the only thing that kept these guys in many games
6)Big Ben Roethlisberger ..2 championships, this guy is a winner, and Steelers now heavily feature the pass and nobody takes a lick and keeps on ticking better
7) E. Manning..Finally has more then one wide out, Eli has emerged as a star who throws the prettiest deep pass in the NFL
8)Matt Schaub..Plays for crappy Texans, but this guy lights it up
9)Jay Cutler...4,000 yards last year, making the Bears a pass team this year
Tie10)Matt Ryan..Young gun emerging as a major NFL star, he's for real
Tie10)Joe Flacco..This guy has given the Ravens a pass attack
Tie10)Aaron Rogers..Hits a lot of passes but still hasn't learned how to win consistantly in the NFL

Best of the rest:

Donovan McNabb..when healthy can be devbastating, too eratic
Carlson Palmer..4 years ago was a great QB, still not convinced he's back
Kurt Warner..still throws it better then most and his place in Canton is assured

Last edited:
1) P. Manning
2) Brees
3) Brady
4) Flacco
5) Ryan
6) Schaub
7) Rodgers
8) Sanchez
9) Stafford
10) Palmer

You can't be serious! Flacco! E. Manning already won a fricking Championship. Ditto for Big Ben and he only keeps getting better! Cutler has put up big numbners for a long time! If you haven't noticed, the Jets have been winning despite Sanchez (his passer rating is in the 50's just above Russels)! And Stafford! Come on now he plays for the Lions he is destined to suck! Can you say Harrington!

Bradshaw and Namath also won championships... so did Dilfer for that matter... the rings can add to greatness, but are not a criteria for it

As for the Lions... he will have tools and a team built around him.. and he has the tools to be a great one.. does that mean he will?? Nope... Does it mean he'll win a championship or even a NFC title?? Nope

As for Flacco... already proving it with a poor receiving corps

Farve this year foresure, but over the next 5 years? Not a chance. You have a high opinion of Rivers. :confused: I will give you that he is skilled but not more than Big Ben, Cutler, Eli, Rodgers, Ryan or Schaub. I will admit I put a lot of stock in Palmer's good off days, but this year has treated him well and I think that will continue!

Mention to Romo?

For what, being the most over-rated choker currently in the NFL?

OK, a list:

1)P Manning..for now. Not a kid anymore, the older Manning has over come injury to again be on top
2)Dree Brees..Best pure passer in the NFL, only a lack of defense has prevented him from being a champion
3)Tom Brady..if he's recovered from injury, watch out
4)Bret Farve..Turned the Vikes into Superbowl contender
5)Phil Rivers..San deigo's QB has been the only thing that kept these guys in many games
6)Big Ben Roethlisberger ..2 championships, this guy is a winner, and Steelers now heavily feature the pass and nobody takes a lick and keeps on ticking better
7) E. Manning..Finally has more then one wide out, Eli has emerged as a star who throws the prettiest deep pass in the NFL
8)Matt Schaub..Plays for crappy Texans, but this guy lights it up
9)Jay Cutler...4,000 yards last year, making the Bears a pass team this year
Tie10)Matt Ryan..Young gun emerging as a major NFL star, he's for real
Tie10)Joe Flacco..This guy has given the Ravens a pass attack
Tie10)Aaron Rogers..Hits a lot of passes but still hasn't learned how to win consistantly in the NFL

Best of the rest:

Donovan McNabb..when healthy can be devbastating, too eratic
Carlson Palmer..4 years ago was a great QB, still not convinced he's back
Kurt Warner..still throws it better then most and his place in Canton is assured

Very good thread, and discussion.

Of course I'm partial to Peyton, do you think he'll win another MVP this year?

Now, I have a question for ya all. Why do some quarterbacks excel so well, and others, flame out never to be heard from again.

Work ethic?

The team they are on?

Big egos?

Ryan Leaf and Jeff George come to mind, among others.

I think it will be between, A. Peterson (I hope so, since I have him in my fantasy draft), Farve, P. Manning, E. Manning and D. Brees!

If it ended now I think it would be a tough call between Brees and P. Manning! I have no idea, both are worthy.

Although I am not a Colts fan I am definitely a Manning fan. The guy plays his heart out, he seems like a good level-headed guy, from reports he is very friendly, appreciative and generous to the fans, he is also supposed to be very charitable and he is exciting to watch.

I although I have always hated the Packers, I still respected Farve and admired his balls out gun-sling, good demeanor, respect for the fans and of course rocket arm!

Now, I have a question for ya all. Why do some quarterbacks excel so well, and others, flame out never to be heard from again.

Work ethic?

The team they are on?

Big egos?

Work ethic?

The team they are on?

Big egos?

Echo...would Tom Brady make your top 10?

Would you put Jamarcus Russell above Brady?

Farve this year foresure, but over the next 5 years? Not a chance. You have a high opinion of Rivers. :confused: I will give you that he is skilled but not more than Big Ben, Cutler, Eli, Rodgers, Ryan or Schaub. I will admit I put a lot of stock in Palmer's good off days, but this year has treated him well and I think that will continue!
When i see Farve actually out, i will count him out.

Palmer has been hurt to much and is no spring chicken.

Rivers is unreal, last year he was the third best NFL quarterback, SanDiego has a lousy line, suspect running game and rotten defense, but who can forget Rivers winning playoff games by himself?

Ben is under-rated by a lot of people, but the guy defines clutch, look at the SB comeback last year.

I can't rate Eli higher until he does it all year, as the weather changes in NY Manning's numbers drop.

Work ethic?

The team they are on?

Big egos?

Because it is not just the arm.. it is the mindset... George probably had the greatest pure arm I ever saw.. but he was flustered by pressure and complex plays always made his eyes draw directly to the primary receiver and concentrate on him

Greg Brady?

greg_brady-char.jpg

Forum List

Back