Top 10 QB over the next 5 years in order!

Considering the question is "who will be the top 10 QBs over the next 5 years" you have to look at which QBs are right now on the best teams. Being a great QB means winning big games. While Stafford may potentially be a very good QB, it is unlikely Detroit will rise to respectability in five years. They never have.
That said...My top 10
1. Brady: Belechik will continue to put a great team around him
2. P Manning: makes everyone around him better
3. D Brees: Great skills but still needs to win a big game on his own
4. Ben Rothlesberger: awkward at times but has a big game presence. He just wins
5. Eli Manning: runs a conservative offense but has shown he can win in crunch time
6. Philip Rivers: plays in a system that allows a QB to put up big numbers, still needs a quality win
7. Matt Ryan: Mature for his years, good system, needs quality wins
8. Aaron Rogers: Good QB skills, good personnel
9. Jay Cutler: Great skills, not sure if he can win in Chicago
10. Carson Palmer: Has fallen back with injuries, we will see what he has left

Last edited:
Considering the question is "who will be the top 10 QBs over the next 5 years" you have to look at which QBs are right now on the best teams. Being a great QB means winning big games.

Really???

Tarkenton was not great?
Archie Manning was not great?
Jurgenson was not great?
Marino was not great?
Moon was not great?

Again... you can have great QB's who are not winning big games... football is one of the ultimate team games.. and without the supporting casts, even great QB's can be without SB and playoff wins

Considering the question is "who will be the top 10 QBs over the next 5 years" you have to look at which QBs are right now on the best teams. Being a great QB means winning big games.

Really???

Tarkenton was not great?
Jurgenson was not great?
Marino was not great?
Moon was not great?

Again... you can have great QB's who are not winning big games... football is one of the ultimate team games.. and without the supporting casts, even great QB's can be without SB and playoff wins

No Tarkenton was not great......Stauback was great
Archie Manning was not great....Joe Montana was
Sonny Jurgenson was not great......Johnny U was

Marino and Moon were great........they also carried their teams to come from behind wins in big games. I don't hold no SuperBowl wins against a QB, however, they have to show the ability to rally a team and pull out late victories. John Elway was great before he won a SuperBowl. Archie, Sonny and Fran never came up big in a big game

In summary....Romo and McNabb will not make the list while they come up small in big games

Last edited:

Really???

Tarkenton was not great?
Jurgenson was not great?
Marino was not great?
Moon was not great?

Good point:
Montana, Elway, Brady, P Manning and Marino are my top 5 ever! Marino might be on top if he grabbed a title or 2, but he was a top 5'er no doubt! I mean would you rather have Marino or Dilfer at the helm? Would you rather have Marino or Big Ben or little Manning at the Helm?

Really???

Tarkenton was not great?
Jurgenson was not great?
Marino was not great?
Moon was not great?

Marino and Moon were great........they also carried their teams to come from behind wins in big games. I don't hold no SuperBowl wins against a QB, however, they have to show the ability to rally a team and pull out late victories. John Elway was great before he won a SuperBowl. Archie, Sonny and Fran never came up big in a big game

In summary....Romo and McNabb will not make the list while they come up small in big games

Alright... you're losing a bit of credibility if you don't consider the likes of Jurgenson and Tark greats... Hell, Tark was 'unlucky' enough to run into Juggernaut opponents like PIT, MIA, and OAK in the big games... granted, Archie is pushing it, but he played on some of the worst teams in history and still was probably more comparable to a Lynn Dickey than a Len Dawson.. and quite frankly, with that horrible team Archie never had a shot to play in a big game... Frankly I don't think Archie was given enough credit for what he did accomplish on those horrid teams with those horrid supporting casts

But the list can go on of great QB's who did not always come out on top in big games.. Dan Fouts would be another prime example.... and lest we forget Kenny Anderson

It is a team game where a team wins.. and lesser QB's have been at the helm of those winning teams including the likes of Namath, Bradshaw, Dilfer, Big Ben, etc...

But it was not the fact that Montana, Unitas, and Staubach won some playoff games and rings, that made them in the top 20.... they had many quarterbacking achievements that made them greats and the 'big wins' are more like icing on the cake

Off the main topic, but.............

Top 5 All Time NFL QB Passing TD Leaders:

#1) Brett Favre - 479

#2) Dan Marino - 420

#3) Peyton Manning - 345

#4) Fran Tarkenton - 342

#5) John Elway - 300

~BH

Really???

Tarkenton was not great?
Jurgenson was not great?
Marino was not great?
Moon was not great?

Alright... you're losing a bit of credibility if you don't consider the likes of Jurgenson and Tark greats... Hell, Tark was 'unlucky' enough to run into Juggernaut opponents like PIT, MIA, and OAK in the big games... granted, Archie is pushing it, but he played on some of the worst teams in history and still was probably more comparable to a Lynn Dickey than a Len Dawson.. and quite frankly, with that horrible team Archie never had a shot to play in a big game... Frankly I don't think Archie was given enough credit for what he did accomplish on those horrid teams with those horrid supporting casts

But the list can go on of great QB's who did not always come out on top in big games.. Dan Fouts would be another prime example.... and lest we forget Kenny Anderson

It is a team game where a team wins.. and lesser QB's have been at the helm of those winning teams including the likes of Namath, Bradshaw, Dilfer, Big Ben, etc...

But it was not the fact that Montana, Unitas, and Staubach won some playoff games and rings, that made them in the top 20.... they had many quarterbacking achievements that made them greats and the 'big wins' are more like icing on the cake

I saw Tarkenton play when he was with the Giants. He was a great QB but not an all time great.
I saw Sonny Jurgenson play alot and he had a hell of an arm. Still never hit the big time
Fouts was an all time great. I put him on par with Marino
I saw Archie Manning play, he was no better than Pastorini or Stabler. Never showed greatness

For me, a QB has to show that spark. The spark that you dread him having the ball with less than 2 min and the game on the line.
Guys like Stauback, Unitas, Montana, Elway had that spark
Jurgenson, Tark, Archie Manning didn't

I'd give up a QB who gets 350 yards a game and 4000 yds a year for a guy who can execute a 2 min drill in a big game

The small problem with the thread concept is, there is no way to know if any or all of these guys will be playing in five years.

There's no way to know who the next Brady or Manning or even Warner there might be. Someone could come out of nowhere next year and really set shit on fire.

Therefore, I have no list.

Off the main topic, but.............

Top 5 All Time NFL QB Passing TD Leaders:

#1) Brett Favre - 479

#2) Dan Marino - 420

#3) Peyton Manning - 345

#4) Fran Tarkenton - 342

#5) John Elway - 300

~BH

E. Smith had more total yards than Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Erik Dickerson, Walter "Da Best RB Ever No Argument" Payton and Gayle Sawyers!

E. Smith had more total yards than Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Erik Dickerson, Walter "Da Best RB Ever No Argument" Payton and Gayle Sawyers!

Great bro. There are many ways to judge an NFL Athlete. It's either numbers, Superbowls or how good they were when they were 'on the field'. One can say, a certain guy didn't play as long, but if he did he would have had the best numbers. I use that example for Barry Sanders who I believe is probably the best RB to ever step on the field, Walter Payton 2nd. I dunno, pick your poison, there are so many great ones. In my opinion though, if I was to just judge QB's by everything, Manning, Brady and Montana are the best 3 QB's to ever play the game. But hey, that's just me. ~BH

Great bro. There are many ways to judge an NFL Athlete. It's either numbers, Superbowls or how good they were when they were 'on the field'. ~snip~ I use that example for Barry Sanders who I believe is probably the best RB to ever step on the field, Walter Payton 2nd.
The day Emmitt Smith separated his shoulder, then went back in the game anyway over Jimmy Johnson's objections -- then almost single-handedly won the game, truly brutalizing the NY Giants' defense, was the moment in time where he became the greatest running back ever to play the game.

Great bro. There are many ways to judge an NFL Athlete. It's either numbers, Superbowls or how good they were when they were 'on the field'. ~snip~ I use that example for Barry Sanders who I believe is probably the best RB to ever step on the field, Walter Payton 2nd.
The day Emmitt Smith separated his shoulder, then went back in the game anyway over Jimmy Johnson's objections -- then almost single-handedly won the game, truly brutalizing the NY Giants' defense, was the moment in time where he became the greatest running back ever to play the game.

Yep bro. Which brings us back to my original point, Over-all numbers should prove who's the best. Course, then I would have to say that Favre is the best QB ever. The interception factor makes it hard for me to say that. I dunno, it's really difficult to say who is the best at any position I guess. I love the discussion on it though. ~BH

Yep bro. Which brings us back to my original point, Over-all numbers should prove who's the best. Course, then I would have to say that Favre is the best QB ever. The interception factor makes it hard for me to say that. I dunno, it's really difficult to say who is the best at any position I guess. I love the discussion on it though. ~BH
It's always subjective. And you're right, the numbers don't always tell the whole story.

Favre is the all-time interception thrower. But to get there, you have to have longevity and to get longevity as a QB, you have to be pretty tough and pretty good.

So, could be a push on that.

Let me also add that I agree about Emmit. He is without a doubt the toughest Half Back to ever play in the NFL. Jim Brown and Walter Peyton are not far behind. ~BH

Let me also add that I agree about Emmit. He is without a doubt the toughest Half Back to ever play in the NFL. Jim Brown and Walter Peyton are not far behind. ~BH
Well, see. Tough is relative too. Y.A. Tittle was a tough son of a bitch -- leather helmet, no pads.... Don Meredith was tough as nails both physically and mentally. There's far too many tough bastards who have played the game to try to say who's toughest.

Well, see. Tough is relative too. Y.A. Tittle was a tough son of a bitch -- leather helmet, no pads.... Don Meredith was tough as nails both physically and mentally. There's far too many tough bastards who have played the game to try to say who's toughest.

Yeah, that's a very good point my brother. ~BH

I saw Tarkenton play when he was with the Giants. He was a great QB but not an all time great.
I saw Sonny Jurgenson play alot and he had a hell of an arm. Still never hit the big time
Fouts was an all time great. I put him on par with Marino
I saw Archie Manning play, he was no better than Pastorini or Stabler. Never showed greatness

For me, a QB has to show that spark. The spark that you dread him having the ball with less than 2 min and the game on the line.
Guys like Stauback, Unitas, Montana, Elway had that spark
Jurgenson, Tark, Archie Manning didn't

I'd give up a QB who gets 350 yards a game and 4000 yds a year for a guy who can execute a 2 min drill in a big game

And kind of hard to do that when all of your supporting cast would be sub par with about any other QB....

But then again you mention Moon and Marino as greats, yet their HISTORY in big games and in the moments of those big games were less than average.... really no better than Tark.... yet Tark's numbers were amazing for his day, not to mention being one of the first 'scrambling' QB's (even having the term coined for him)

I have seen a lot of QB's in my time from Earl Morrall and Johnny U... To Danny White and Vinnie T... and the 'spark' you are referring to would be 'noticed' more if they had people with the complete the connection from the plug to the wire... plenty of QB's who have that subjective 'look' only to have it fade as a WR drops the ball or their inferior OL collapses allowing a sack or having a defense that let that 'look' fade while he was still on the sideline

I could have a vegetative woman who may have a spark of a good look or a spark in her propped open eye... but unless she actually does perform, that look means nothing in the sack... and that spark with the woman would only carry someone thru if, like you, someone had an imagination for it... because it's mythical, same as this QB spark you are claiming... not something truly tangible considering the complexities of the team game of football

Again... something that can be the cherry on top.. but not a criteria for true INDIVIDUAL greatness

I could have a vegetative woman who may have a spark of a good look or a spark in her propped open eye... but unless she actually does perform, that look means nothing in the sack...

When did this thread change focus from discussing the Best NFL Quarterbacks, to fantasizing about fucking comatose women?

Sweetness was the best and toughest of all time! No argument about it!

Forum List

Back