Top 10 GOP hopefuls for 2012

An interesting breakdown, that I'm sure many will disagree with. Has Palin at #1.

Thoughts?

Top ten GOP presidential hopefuls for 2012 (ANALYSIS)

I think Mitt is your boy. They say this is a negative: "Weaknesses: ObamaCare. Romney signed a similar, state-run health insurance program into law when he was governor of Massachusetts."

But I think Romney might win over independents and undecided by saying that he is not a wacko right winger.

Even though he portrayed one in 2008, I think he'll be able to successfully flip flop, even better than McCain, and he will be popular because of how he looks, and his ability to win in places like Massachusetts.

Trust me, right wingers will forgive him for signing Obamacare if they think he has the best chance of winning.

And he can say that he was the only Republican who understood that healthcare was a problem. Regardless of what you want to do about it, no one can deny we spend too much on Healthcare. So you guys better go with Romney.

I'm not afraid of any of the others on this list.

Also, Liz Cheney would be in an interesting position if she ran. Presidential trivia question (don't look it up): How many candidates have won the White House without having been elected to any other office and without having been a general?

Surprised Liz Cheney beat out Ron paul

No Jeb Bush?

I think Jeb is the biggest unknown variable ever. Without that last name, he's the ideal nominee. Of course, without that last name, he's probably the GOP nominee in 2008.

Its a shame..

Jeb would actually make a great candidate......but he bears the stink of Bush

If things get bad, like the oil men put gas up to $4 a gallon, then the GOP could sway public opinion and get 40ish percent to vote for Jeb. Especially because they own all the media giants.

So then they only have to steal Florida again. Impossible? Unthinkable?

Remember we voted HW out of office for sucking and 8 years later look how we forgot and put GW in. Oh yea, he didn't even actually win. He stole Florida. Probably more states we don't know about too. Ohio in 2004. Ken Blackwell can kiss my ass.

Think about this. Jeb can get at least as many votes as McCain got. Probably more.

Also, Liz Cheney would be in an interesting position if she ran. Presidential trivia question (don't look it up): How many candidates have won the White House without having been elected to any other office and without having been a general?

Her father should be hung for treason. What are you talking about???:cuckoo:

Her father should be hung for treason. What are you talking about???:cuckoo:

Actually Obama has that charge hanging over him after he leaves office. He's the one who told AQ the CIA interrogation means & methods during time of war, when US lives were in the balance. Thats giving aid & comfort to the enemy.

Last edited:
To get the US out of this financial mess we need Romney. My dream ticket is Romney/Petraeus.

KYZR,

Good choice. Could go for that.

Would prefer Gingrich/Huckabee or vs versa.

Wouldn't mind Sarah somewhere in the mix either.

To get the US out of this financial mess we need Romney. My dream ticket is Romney/Petraeus.

As neither a Republican or Democrat :)eek::eek: Yea, there are some who view both parties with equal distain), I would consider that ticket.

As important as it is, who sits in the White House, I have to consider it is equally or possibly more important as to whom is advising them!

A good executive is one who knows how to build a quality team and one who knows how to delegate to qualified personal.

Obama has failed in both areas.

A president does not have to be all knowing, nor do they have to personally hold the correct solutions. However, they have to be capable of building and managing the team which can achieve both.

Mike

As important as it is, who sits in the White House, I have to consider it is equally or possibly more important as to whom is advising them!

A good executive is one who knows how to build a quality team and one who knows how to delegate to qualified personal.

Obama has failed in both areas.

A president does not have to be all knowing, nor do they have to personally hold the correct solutions. However, they have to be capable of building and managing the team which can achieve both.

Mike

Is Dick Cheney busy?

Romney has the best shot. But if the market keeps climbing, unemployment keeps dropping, and troops are coming out of Afghanistan and Iraq - I don't see anyone with a realistic chance against Obama.

Surprised Liz Cheney beat out Ron paul

No Jeb Bush?

I think Jeb is the biggest unknown variable ever. Without that last name, he's the ideal nominee. Of course, without that last name, he's probably the GOP nominee in 2008.

Its a shame..

You know......I'm still trying to figure out why they put the idiot brother in the White House FIRST.

If Jeb had been in the White House instead of his idiot brother George Jr., maybe this country wouldn't be as far in the toilet as it is.

How about this as a dream ticket for the Reps.......

Limp Idiot Limbaugh as VP, and the evil Sith princess Liz Cheney for president.

Shit.........that would bring around Armageddon quicker than Palin could ever hope to do!

If things proceed as they are unfolding now, I think the Republican Party would be wise to nominate a Palin or a Huckabee to placate those who contend that the party has been unsuccessful because they haven't been far right enough.

When they get beat worse in 2012 than they did in 2008, moderates can say, "we did it your way. Now sit down and shut up."

Its a shame..

You know......I'm still trying to figure out why they put the idiot brother in the White House FIRST.

If Jeb had been in the White House instead of his idiot brother George Jr., maybe this country wouldn't be as far in the toilet as it is.

1994 election. George ran in Texas, Jeb in Florida. George won, Jeb didn't.

Forum List

Back