Top 1% file class action suit for being forced to pay 40% of income taxes.

The government is highly efficient. The tax system and disbursal system has very low overhead. Every dollar a charity spends seeking contributions is one less dollar available to the needy

Explain how private charities would handle the devastation of Hurricane Sandy?

Providing for the General Welfare is already in the Constitution

Absolute flat out BULLSHIT.. the amount of bureaucracy and red tape and middle men in the government is ASTRONOMICAL

As for hurricane Sandy.. ask the Red Cross and the extraordinary effort they have in manpower and $$$

And you, you fucking idiotic asshole, once again leave off the entire last part of Article 1 Section 8.... try reading the whole statement and subsequent list of SPECIFIC POWERS which are tied to the charge of the 'general welfare OF THE UNITED STATES' (AKA The UNION, not every fucking individual)
You can tell when Dave is losing an argument. I can just see all the spittle on his monitor. :lol:

Uhhh yeah.. losing the argument by showing how the English language is properly read... and showing the correct history of things such as the formation of the union and the Constitution...

It is proper to get incredibly mad at an agenda driven moron who purposely butchers the very Constitution I swore to protect

provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States

We the people make up the United States

When the people, citizens, persons, or citizenry is meant within the Constitution.. those words are specifically used.... Words were carefully chosen, wrongwinger

Have you EVER taken a course in US History DD? Such a comment suggests you haven't.

And the United States is not made up of 'the people'.. The United States is the union of sovereign states

Ditto, above and see the 10th amendment the last four words.

And lest ye also forget, that the clause (with the use of the semicolon) came with a list of the SPECIFIC things that they are supposed to provide (hence the enumerated powers)

Try and read and understand, moron... English should be your first language.. not just something you butcher for your own agenda

English + some knowledge = substance.

The government is highly efficient. The tax system and disbursal system has very low overhead. Every dollar a charity spends seeking contributions is one less dollar available to the needy

Explain how private charities would handle the devastation of Hurricane Sandy?

Providing for the General Welfare is already in the Constitution

The government is highly efficient?

At what?
Government agencies typically have 4-6% administrative costs.

Private companies typically have 25-30% administrative costs.

The difference? Executive pay.

Yet you forget about the multi level bureaucracies.... and not to mention that when you get away from wingers like Krugman, you find that things such as medicare have actually HIGHER administrative costs than private insurance....

But don't let that stand in the way of your preconceived stance

You are right.. life is not fair.. yet you try and legislate 'fair' into the tax code...

Those with little money in a flat tax system are not making the same contribution.. they are making a lesser total contribution.... but in terms of per dollar, just as in sales tax, gas tax, etc.. THEY ARE ALREADY PAYING THE SAME...

You can't have your cake and eat it too, wrongwinger

Charity is not the job of government... it is the job of the individual and organizations formed voluntarily by like minded individuals

Relying on private charity has not worked since before the Great Depression and it did not work then

Private charity is inherently inefficient since it must expend a large percent of its contributions to generate more contributions. It is also incapable of handling massive loss like we saw in Hurricane Sandy

YES...we do need government charity
If charity solved the problem, then it would have already.

What's stopping charitable organizations and churches from obliterating hunger and homelessness?

If government solved the problem (whether the problem be poverty, government spending, etc) it would have already...

See how that logic goes??

Lets see.. government throws more and more at entitlements, and poverty keeps getting worse...

Then we see what we have now from modern progressives... blaming of freedom itself.. because only when you eliminate the freedom and equality, can you seize enough power

We the people make up the United States

When the people, citizens, persons, or citizenry is meant within the Constitution.. those words are specifically used.... Words were carefully chosen, wrongwinger

Have you EVER taken a course in US History DD? Such a comment suggests you haven't.

And the United States is not made up of 'the people'.. The United States is the union of sovereign states

And lest ye also forget, that the clause (with the use of the semicolon) came with a list of the SPECIFIC things that they are supposed to provide (hence the enumerated powers)

Try and read and understand, moron... English should be your first language.. not just something you butcher for your own agenda

Hmm... yes.. I have.. numerous classes...

And the 10th amendment....

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Now see... it is that STATES that PROHIBIT or limit the powers given to the fed in the constitution.. and the people are mention specifically and SEPARATELY from the States...

You are indeed one hell of an idiot

This seems a clear violation of the equal protection clause. Does anyone doubt it?

If its so clear they should have no trouble winning.

Hitler had no trouble winning, I'm asking if you have a "reason" why the equal protection clause should not apply to the top 1%.

Are you going to make them pay more in the supermarket too??

Lets see.. government throws more and more at entitlements, and poverty keeps getting worse...

because entitlements cripple people. Lets not forget how the LBJ's Great Society amounted to a near genocide against American blacks.

So then liberals want an even bigger entitlement state to take care of the new cripples until eventually you have 100 million or so starving to death as Stalin and Mao did.

Now we can see why our liberals spied for Stalin and gave him the A-bomb

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Now see... it is that STATES that PROHIBIT or limit the powers given to the fed in the constitution.. and the people are mention specifically and SEPARATELY from the States...

Then educate me. You quoted the 10th Amendment, now explain with detail what that means exactly and why my comment in context of your earlier post is idiotic. I bet you can't.

Last edited:

Dave, I'm sure you're right that Federal power comes from the states but I read the 10th as saying that the powers come from the Constitution, not the states, e.g.," delegated....by Constitution" and prohibited by it [Constitution]"

Not that its the only source of information on the topic by any means.

Then educate me. You quoted the 10th Amendment, now explain with detail what that means exactly and why my comment in context of your earlier post is idiotic. I bet you can't.

Looks as if I've won the bet.

Dave, I'm sure you're right that Federal power comes from the states but I read the 10th as saying that the powers come from the Constitution, not the states, e.g.," delegated....by Constitution" and prohibited by it [Constitution]"

Not that its the only source of information on the topic by any means.

The states are the entities that ratified the constitution...

Yeah... God forbid I spend time with my family, you idiot...

You came to defend that the United States is made up 'of the people'... and this is inherently false... as already explained, it was the states that ratified the constitution, empowering the federal government by their charge.. not the popular vote or will of the individual citizenry..

The 10th amendment is very simple to understand.. The Constitution itself is a LIMITING document. Granting specific powers and charges to the federal government. The states are the entities that gave/give the fed its power. The 10th amendment ensures that any power not SPECIFICALLY GRANTED (as in your little pet entitlements are not specifically granted) is then reserved or held by the states that ratified the federal government, and if the states do not wield that power, then the power is reserved for the people themselves...

I.E. There is no power granted to the fed to take care of your individual wants and needs. That power would have been granted by the states to the fed in a specific statement in the constitution. So, at the state level, the individual state's constitution may or may not deal with some sort of entitlement power wherein individual needs are the responsibility of the state under whatever criteria they deem. If there is not a charge to the state thru its own governing powers, THEN THAT POWER OR RESPONSIBILITY SITS DIRECTLY ON THE INDIVIDUAL WHO HAS THE WANT OR NEED.. Otherwise stated they are empowered to take care of themselves

Now.... back to mommy's basement to your bong and cheetos

You came to defend that the United States is made up 'of the people'... and this is inherently false... as already explained, it was the states that ratified the constitution, empowering the federal government by their charge.. not the popular vote or will of the individual citizenry..

The 10th amendment is very simple to understand.. The Constitution itself is a LIMITING document. Granting specific powers and charges to the federal government. The states are the entities that gave/give the fed its power. The 10th amendment ensures that any power not SPECIFICALLY GRANTED (as in your little pet entitlements are not specifically granted) is then reserved or held by the states that ratified the federal government, and if the states do not wield that power, then the power is reserved for the people themselves...

I.E. There is no power granted to the fed to take care of your individual wants and needs. That power would have been granted by the states to the fed in a specific statement in the constitution. So, at the state level, the individual state's constitution may or may not deal with some sort of entitlement power wherein individual needs are the responsibility of the state under whatever criteria they deem. If there is not a charge to the state thru its own governing powers, THEN THAT POWER OR RESPONSIBILITY SITS DIRECTLY ON THE INDIVIDUAL WHO HAS THE WANT OR NEED.. Otherwise stated they are empowered to take care of themselves

Yeah, Republicans have had a problem with that ever since Lincoln.

;)

So, in your opinion the 10th Amendment and the Constitution have been violated by every Supreme Court Decision since and including Marbury v. Madison, is that correct? That Nullification and Secession are legal actions by any state when the state or an individual person decides acts of Congress are not of their liking? Is that correct?

My mother passed away in 2008 and I haven't lived in my parents home since I left for Boot Camp in 1967 - so take your fucking personal attacks and shove 'em up your ass. You're not only stupid, you're an asshole too.

So, in your opinion the 10th Amendment and the Constitution have been violated by every Supreme Court Decision since and including Marbury v. Madison, is that correct? That Nullification and Secession are legal actions by any state when the state or an individual person decides acts of Congress are not of their liking? Is that correct?

My mother passed away in 2008 and I haven't lived in my parents home since I left for Boot Camp in 1967 - so take your fucking personal attacks and shove 'em up your ass. You're not only stupid, you're an asshole too.

No... I may be an asshole, and can fully admit when I am... but it takes your special kind of stupid to not understand what is written in the constitution in fucking English... the 10th Amendment is VERY clear.... even if government has thwarted the constitution numerous times over the years and decades and centuries by grabbing power it does not have constitutionally charged... and this has nothing to do with 'liking', it has to do with what is actually written and granted in the constitution... if you cannot understand article 1 section 8 and the 10th amendment, then you are lost

Forum List

Back