Took the longest Greyhound Bus Route in America. 4 days!

cant see much of the scenery going 100 MPH.....
Trains feel slower than what they're going.

Unless you step into the bathroom, that is.

Then you're wondering how much blue stuff is going to get on your clothes.

Due to unforseen circumstrances back a couple of months I took a greyhound from Biloxi to Tampa Fl.

Some observations....90 percent of the passengers were black and maybe 9Percent were spanish and maybe 1 percent white...which was mostly me. hehheh I may be off a few percentrage points but it was definitely a minority operatrion from the bus drivers....mostly women and most of them were black....we went thru 3 or 4 drivers...maybe 5 to the bus stations where the great majority of employees were black. Though I have no complaints mostly they were very helpful, polite and competent.

We had no problems.....everyone behaved and in fact were very nice.

It really was not that bad.....a lot of boredom for the most part.

I must say the bus station in Orlando was the worst....filthy.

After about 24 hrs. we got to Tampa....the bus driver stops the bus under a overpass...I got out to get my luggage and I asked the driver where the bus station was....he said this is it....unbelieveable.......Tampa Florida....no longer has a bus station.

I did some reesearch on that....a lot of people apparantly have complained about it...from how dangerous it is to wait for a grehound under a overpass in a big city where crime is not uncommon....the City says they are looking into it.

Last edited:
The Bolt bus l took carried more and more business people as the years went by. There was WiFi, so they could work on board.

City Centre to City Centre. No airport time, getting there, hanging around, delays or cancellations.

Two things I will never forget. Way back on TrailWays? Mabye a Greyhound? BUS trip.....the stink on the BUS, the Toilet in the back. The Stink of the CHI BUS station when we debarked for a while. Like a meat packing plant opened up a Coal fired power plant inside it. Breathing that smell for days is probably hazardous to your health.

LAND O' GOSHEN

I want to do an Amtrak vacation.
I looked into it. It takes about four to six days to cross the country by rail.

If you have time, it strikes Me as a beautiful way to see some of America without the hassle of planning breaks for fuel and biology.

It would be a great way to relax, but I may not have delved deep enough into it to know.

A great way to catch up on the backlog of reading. lol

Last edited:
I looked into it. It takes about four to six days to cross the country by rail.

If you have time, it strikes Me as a beautiful way to see some of America without the hassle of planning breaks for fuel and biology.

It would be a great way to relax, but I may not have delved deep enough into it to know.

A great way to catch up on the backlog of reading. lol
Amtrak is rather expensive but a very enjoyable way to travel.....I have not ridden one in quite a while....back when I rode them.... they would seat passengers together for breakfast and it was a good way to meet people

The best train ride I ever had back years ago was across the Isthmus of Panama .....from Panama City to Colon Panama. l also had a lot of great train rides in Europe...from Luxemburg to Brindisi, Italy was the best.

Anyhow, I have always liked trains.

Forum List

Back