Too close to home

Conservatives: masters of the red herring fallacy.

Too cowardly to address the issue of school shootings, lacking any constructive solutions to address the problem, rightists engage in failed attempts to deflect from the issue.

This latest mass shooting was in my neck of the woods.

What's got to happen before guns for all gets shitcanned? These parents should sue the government for not protecting kids that are required by law to attend school.
So if the guard was armed, you would be ok with it?
no. Who is to say the guard isn't a loser nutter.
So you think they should sue the govt for not impeding on liberties enough?
I must not be understanding because your premise screams mental retardation.

Conservatives: masters of the red herring fallacy.

Too cowardly to address the issue of school shootings, lacking any constructive solutions to address the problem, rightists engage in failed attempts to deflect from the issue.

So what's YOUR solution?

There is this city i used to work in about 10 years back.
It was in the hood.
There was a driveby. Some gang member wanted to kill this guy about drugs, and shot up his house. 2 bullets went through the door and hit his 4 year old sister.
She died.
Apparently, since she wasnt at school, nobody gives a shit.

Happens all the time. No "shock" value for the left if the body count isn't high enough

Not only that, it has to be the right kind of bodies before the left uses it to their advantage. It has to be white bodies or the bodies innocent school children.

The left seems to automatically accept the fact that blacks are going to kill blacks because that's part of their culture and by golly if there's one thing the left holds in high regard, it's black culture. In other words, "That's just what black folks do. Who are we to stand in the way of how black folks live their lives?"

But when there are mass casualty events like the school shooting where so many of the victims are white, the left gleefully sees this as an opportunity to use it as leverage against all white people because as everyone knows, the left detests white people.

What's got to happen before guns for all gets shitcanned? These parents should sue the government for not protecting kids that are required by law to attend school.

How could they "sue" the Gov?
Easy. Sue them for lax gun laws.

Should we then be suing the City of Chicago for lax gun laws as well?

What's got to happen before guns for all gets shitcanned?
Research shows that a majority of people will have to be exposed to a mass shooting incident before attitudes change sufficiently. Until then its in the 'hasn't happened in my back yard' category, which is not enough incentive to reduce easy access to handguns and military style semi automatics, (mssa)...
Using data from multiple sources on mass public shootings merged with the 2010 Cooperative Congressional Election Study (CCES), we show that increased proximity to a mass shooting is associated with heightened public support for stricter government regulation of firearms. Importantly, we show that this main effect does not vary by partisanship.
https://www.cambridge.org/

Research shows that a majority of people will have to be exposed to a mass shooting incident before attitudes change sufficiently. Until then its in the 'hasn't happened in my back yard' category, which is not enough incentive to reduce easy access to handguns and military style semi automatics, (mssa)...
Using data from multiple sources on mass public shootings merged with the 2010 Cooperative Congressional Election Study (CCES), we show that increased proximity to a mass shooting is associated with heightened public support for stricter government regulation of firearms. Importantly, we show that this main effect does not vary by partisanship.

All the more reason to be trained, armed, and to carry every day. It hasn't happened in my back yard but if it does, I will be ready to counter whatever threat with an immediate response.

All the more reason to be trained, armed, and to carry every day. It hasn't happened in my back yard but if it does, I will be ready to counter whatever threat with an immediate response.

Sure ya will, Rambo. Lol.

Why wouldn't he? That's the point of carrying to protect yourself, your children and property

Why wouldn't he? That's the point of carrying to protect yourself, your children and property

Everyone thinks they know how they'll react in a situation like that. In reality, his body would probably just freeze up and he would just be another helpless lamb among many. Even if he managed to draw his weapon, he'd be more likely to shoot an innocent person than the actual shooter.

Try me. I can't speak for any other state, but there are over 400,000 concealed carry permit holders in my state alone.

Everyone thinks they know how they'll react in a situation like that. In reality, his body would probably just freeze up and he would just be another helpless lamb among many. Even if he managed to draw his weapon, he'd be more likely to shoot an innocent person than the actual shooter.

I carry and can promise you if anyone threatened myself or our children I would not hesitate to ventilate them. No pause, no thought, nothing. Airhole them.

You're not trained. It's obvious

You're ignorance of the training involved in obtaining a concealed carry permit, and the mindset of those individuals who do carry on a daily basis, is evident.

You're ignorance of the training involved in obtaining a concealed carry permit, and the mindset of those individuals who do carry on a daily basis, is evident.

Okay Rambo. I'm sure you're just Superman with that gun on your hip. Haha!

I carry and can promise you if anyone threatened myself or our children I would not hesitate to ventilate them. No pause, no thought, nothing. Airhole them.

Yeah, sure you would. Lol. Sure ya would.

Yeah, sure you would. Lol. Sure ya would.

I would. Now run along novice...you are wasting bandwidth.

Forum List

Back