Tonight speech...Will Obama speak about the enormous increases in taxes tonight?

skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2009
Not the middle of nowhere
Obama to Call for Broad Energy Action - WSJ.com

Kinda curious tonight if we are going to see Obama be frank ( transparency??) with the American people about how passage of a Cap and Trade bill will whallop Americans with higher gasoline costs and gigantic increases in the cost of electricity??? Too........will be interesting to see if he balances talk of adding 600,000 green jobs by being straight about 2.3 million jobs being lost if Cap and Trade passes!!

My radar will be up!!!!:lol:

Taxes are lower than they were under BOOOOOOSH

obama_hood2.png

I'll be playing the "Blame-the-Right" drinking game. One shot for everytime he passes the buck. (Two when he uses the word "inherited".)

After his first couple speeches we had to switch from Jag to Pucker... we kept missing the end of the speeches... and work the next day. God it was brutal.

Taxes are lower than they were under BOOOOOOSH

2011 FTL s0n...........................fAiL

From MSNBC today........................

Take Some Profits, Before the Tax Man Takes ‘Em
Published: Monday, 14 Jun 2010 | 3:22 PM ET Text Size By: Larry Kudlow

Stocks are up strong across-the-board with renewed hopes of global growth fueling a roughly 1 percent gain in all three indices.

Of course, today’s move to the upside follows last week’s strong equity performance.

So here’s what I think, folks: This is as good a time as any for investors to think long and hard about taking some profits off the table.

Why, you ask?

As my old friend Art Laffer continually reminds us, the Tax Man is coming to town on January 1, 2011. Taxes are going up across-the-board. So investors should seriously consider selling into any stock market strength ahead of the tax deadline. Doing this will enable investors to lock in a lower capital-gains tax this year and beat next year’s higher rates.

It’s a lesson investors literally cannot afford to forget: If after-tax investment returns decline, because the key capital-gains tax rate and other investment taxes go up, the future value of stocks is damaged.

In other worrisome news, despite some improvement in consumer sentiment, U.S retail sales fell on Friday for the first time in eight months. That was something of a shocker.

News Headlines

From the left I'm expecting a Kennedy-esk reaction.. ah.. a trip to the moon..the greatest speech ever.. the shivering leg reaction..the American people are inspired.. forgetting of course that Kennedy cut taxes..

The energy setup is has already been stated when he compared 9-11/ foreign policy changes to vis-a-vis GOM oil spill/energy policy yesterday.
Methinks he'll wait until the oil spill has furthur decimated the GOM for the real cap n' trade fangs to come out. Tonight will just be a prep. Ever been prepped before surgery? They cut off the shorthairs before the real incision happens, and by then, you'll be under anesthesia and will wake up groggy next year saying WTF to 7-10 dollar gas prices.
Or, maybe he'll play the cap n' trade hand tonite, but be sure he'll be hid'in the hole cards!

You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.
Rahm Emanuel

I'm sure this will be in play....:hmpf:

He'll probably try to spin criticism that the fed is not doing enough back at conservatives saying something like: "The people that are uhhhhh criticizing me and the fed for uhhhhhh not doing enough with the spill are the same that uhhhhh make criticism that the government is doing to much elsewhere with healthcare and stimulous. These teabaggers need to uhhhh make up there minds... blah blah blah." Just wait, it's coming.

U.S. NATIONAL DEBT CLOCK

The Outstanding Public Debt as of 15 Jun 2010 at 11:46:54 PM GMT is:
$ 1 3 , 0 4 7 , 5 2 7 , 1 3 2 , 3 1 0 . 8 7

(((Just a reminder)))

The estimated population of the United States is 308,567,384
so each citizen's share of this debt is $42,284.21.

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$4.08 billion per day since September 28, 2007!
Concerned?

U.S. NATIONAL DEBT CLOCK

The Outstanding Public Debt as of 15 Jun 2010 at 11:46:54 PM GMT is:
$ 1 3 , 0 4 7 , 5 2 7 , 1 3 2 , 3 1 0 . 8 7

(((Just a reminder)))

The estimated population of the United States is 308,567,384
so each citizen's share of this debt is $42,284.21.

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$4.08 billion per day since September 28, 2007!
Concerned?

Kinda like my blood pressure.:evil:

Forum List

Back