Tom Ridge: I Was Pressured To Raise Terror Alert To Help Bush Win Re-Election

Kerry blamed - check
Obama blamed - check

Hurry, someone bring Clinton and we'll be set.

Yeah, let's all get in a tiff about something that happened over 5 years ago, let's not pay attention to any of the corruption currently going on. :cuckoo:

Retired, your are seriously delusional.

You are the delusional one, it is a matte rof PUBLIC RECORD dumb fuck. Bush only quit flying after his aircraft was being decommissioned. He had no time left to retrain on another air craft and was allowed to go campaign for a friend. Having BEEN in the Guard I know how that works. ANYONE can request similar deferments and temporary transfers. I was in the Washington State Headquarters unit that maintained such peoples records and was the clerk that maintained them. That was in 1978 and early 79.

You may want to pull that head of yours out of your fat ass and actually look up some facts.

And I love how you retard complain about Kerry while doing the exact thing you are complaining about to Bush. FUCKING HYPOCRITES.

Do you read? Do you follow your own rules for Moderating? Go back and read my post. I said BOTH read BOTH read it again BOTH guys were not the bad guys because the records and the testimonies of the folks around BOTH of them support Kerry and Bush.

I am complaining about your hypocrisy of accusing me falsely of not giving the same accomodation to Bush that I do to Kerry.

I believe one of the reasons why the terror alert should have been raised to RED is because Kerry was running for President. What a piece of work this clown is. Got that lying thing down pat too. Guess his "hero" status from Viet Nam was only in his own mind. It certainly wasn't in anybody's mind except his.

so... you think that the Navy gives away Silver Stars for nothing?

Doesn't that really mean that you are denigrating any Navy veteran who won that award?

We have already been over this and you ran the fuck away. So let me get this right? You think over 500 Navy men of all ranks including Admirals all lied about Kerry? Is that about right?

Why did Kerry need to have his awards reinstated? Why did Kerry never release all his records like Bush did? And ya he was a coward not a hero, he fabricated 3 purple hearts and ran away.

Remind us how it was SEARED in his brain about being in Cambodia while Nixon was President on Christmas eve when first he was no where near Cambodia and second Nixon was not President the December he was in Vietnam. Remind us how he had to bribe his old crew to lie for him.

Remind us how he violated the UCMJ and met with enemy foreign power during a time of open conflict and negotiated with them. Remind us how he openly lied about the supposed atrocities he and others saw and were a part of. Remind us how he was in a meeting when his group discussed assassinating the President of the United States. Yup some hero he was.

Being retired Navy myself, that number you just gave makes me cry Shenanigans on you.

Of course, you can try to convince me.....but I call you false.

BTW...people only violate the UCMJ when they are on active duty....but, if you knew about the military, you would have known that.

Again, you appear to not know anything about what you are trying to talk about.

Tom Ridge: I Was Pressured To Raise Terror Alert To Help Bush Win

The Huffington Post | Rachel Weiner
First Posted: 08-20-09 11:20 AM | Updated: 08-20-09 11:54 AM

In a new book, former Secretary of Homeland Security Tom Ridge reveals new details on politicization under President Bush, reports US News & World Report's Paul Bedard. Among other things, Ridge admits that he was pressured to raise the terror alert to help Bush win re-election in 2004.

Ridge was never invited to sit in on National Security Council meetings; was "blindsided" by the FBI in morning Oval Office meetings because the agency withheld critical information from him; found his urgings to block Michael Brown from being named head of the emergency agency blamed for the Hurricane Katrina disaster ignored; and was pushed to raise the security alert on the eve of President Bush's re-election, something he saw as politically motivated and worth resigning over.
<more>

Last edited:
Yep, you are Retired. Lot of stick and no balls to drop in the pockets. The guys who were there said JK did all those good things out there. You weren't there. Your opinion doesn't count. But go ahead and yell. It's fun to watch.

Dumb ASS those men WERE there, all of them. On the boats and in the base he served in, the boats almost never patrolled alone. And in fact every time he claimed an award there were other people there who saw his supposed heroics and said they did not deserve a medal.

He got a Silver Star for shooting an already wounded unarmed kid in the back.

The Gospel...from a clerk. :eusa_whistle:

Of course, you are saying that our Military gives one of our highest combat medals for shooting unarmed wounded people in the back. SHAME!!!!!

Last edited:
Retired, your are seriously delusional.

You are the delusional one, it is a matte rof PUBLIC RECORD dumb fuck. Bush only quit flying after his aircraft was being decommissioned. He had no time left to retrain on another air craft and was allowed to go campaign for a friend. Having BEEN in the Guard I know how that works. ANYONE can request similar deferments and temporary transfers. I was in the Washington State Headquarters unit that maintained such peoples records and was the clerk that maintained them. That was in 1978 and early 79.

You may want to pull that head of yours out of your fat ass and actually look up some facts.

And I love how you retard complain about Kerry while doing the exact thing you are complaining about to Bush. FUCKING HYPOCRITES.

if the truth be known, Dubya did not even request advanced training in the F-102 until AFTER the Air Force had announced that it would no longer be deployed overseas.

Yep, you are Retired. Lot of stick and no balls to drop in the pockets. The guys who were there said JK did all those good things out there. You weren't there. Your opinion doesn't count. But go ahead and yell. It's fun to watch.

Dumb ASS those men WERE there, all of them. On the boats and in the base he served in, the boats almost never patrolled alone. And in fact every time he claimed an award there were other people there who saw his supposed heroics and said they did not deserve a medal.

exactly. the VC he shot was running away... so I guess that means that he was no longer our ENEMY?

The crew members of Kerry's boat say he was a hero. His commanding officer ranked him as the number one skipper in Coastal Division 11. THAT'S a fact.

I believe one of the reasons why the terror alert should have been raised to RED is because Kerry was running for President. What a piece of work this clown is. Got that lying thing down pat too. Guess his "hero" status from Viet Nam was only in his own mind. It certainly wasn't in anybody's mind except his.

Doesn't that really mean that you are denigrating any Navy veteran who won that award?

We have already been over this and you ran the fuck away. So let me get this right? You think over 500 Navy men of all ranks including Admirals all lied about Kerry? Is that about right?

Why did Kerry need to have his awards reinstated? Why did Kerry never release all his records like Bush did? And ya he was a coward not a hero, he fabricated 3 purple hearts and ran away.

Remind us how it was SEARED in his brain about being in Cambodia while Nixon was President on Christmas eve when first he was no where near Cambodia and second Nixon was not President the December he was in Vietnam. Remind us how he had to bribe his old crew to lie for him.

Remind us how he violated the UCMJ and met with enemy foreign power during a time of open conflict and negotiated with them. Remind us how he openly lied about the supposed atrocities he and others saw and were a part of. Remind us how he was in a meeting when his group discussed assassinating the President of the United States. Yup some hero he was.

I think that few if any of those 500 SBVT members actually served with Kerry in combat. I can PROVE that two of the biggest stars of the SBVT pantheon are liars.

Your claiming he bribed his crew is a despicable slanderous smear.

Kerry did release all his records.

Your calling a silver star winner a coward is quite funny.... where were YOU in Nam? Oh... I forgot...you've never been anywhere NEAR the place.

He WAS only a few miles from the cambodian border on christmas eve.

He didn't lie about any atrocities. He reported what others had told him and he reported what he himself had witnessed.

He was not subject to the UCMJ when he went to Paris.

exactly. the VC he shot was running away... so I guess that means that he was no longer our ENEMY?

The crew members of Kerry's boat say he was a hero. His commanding officer ranked him as the number one skipper in Coastal Division 11. THAT'S a fact.

Pointing out again that the Clerk is stating that our military gives out medals (high ranking medals, to boot) for shooting wounded, unarmed people in the back. That's his take on the United States Military and its standards for bravery, I guess.

The Ridge revelation is not that surprising. What is surprising, is that it isn't that surprising. We have become so inured to the criminality of the former administration it just seems like SOP.

For instance, it was easy to tell Christie Todd Whitman was lying when she said the air quality over NY/NJ was just hunky dory, we all knew she was fuck faced fibbing, but what can you do when the government is continually engaged in lying by fiat?

bump for the clerk

I think that few if any of those 500 SBVT members actually served with Kerry in combat. I can PROVE that two of the biggest stars of the SBVT pantheon are liars.

Your calling a silver star winner a coward is quite funny.... where were YOU in Nam? Oh... I forgot...you've never been anywhere NEAR the place.

He didn't lie about any atrocities. He reported what others had told him and he reported what he himself had witnessed.

bump for the clerk

"location?" I can guess what orifice your head is located. :lol:

Nice job continually trying to derail this thread you steaming sack of liquid shit.

And we skip to later in the morning....

The neg rep is all you can bring? Right back atcha with a go fuck yourself. Don't be scared... this is the internet ... nobody is going to squish your dumb traitorous ass.

Last edited:
Tom Ridge on National Security After 9/11 - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

Tom Ridge on National Security After 9/11
August 19, 2009 04:58 PM ET | Paul Bedard | Permanent Link | Print

By Paul Bedard, Washington Whispers

Tom Ridge, the first head of the 9/11-inspired Department of Homeland Security, wasn't keen on writing a tell-all. But in The Test of Our Times: America Under Siege...and How We Can Be Safe Again, out September 1, Ridge says he wants to shake "public complacency" over security. And to do that, well, he needs to tell all. Especially about the infighting he saw that frustrated his attempts to build a smooth-running department. Among the headlines promoted by publisher Thomas Dunne Books: Ridge was never invited to sit in on National Security Council meetings; was "blindsided" by the FBI in morning Oval Office meetings because the agency withheld critical information from him; found his urgings to block Michael Brown from being named head of the emergency agency blamed for the Hurricane Katrina disaster ignored; and was pushed to raise the security alert on the eve of President Bush's re-election, something he saw as politically motivated and worth resigning over.

It's official. Bush exploited American's fears to maintain power.

The LMSM was using body count to help Kerry, so I think it's a wash

Last edited:
My take on most of these types of threads:

Artist : Eagles, The
Title : Dirty Laundry
-----------------
I make my living off the evening news
Just give me something-something I can use
People love it when you lose,
They love dirty laundry

Well, I coulda been an actor, but I wound up here
I just have to look good, I dont have to be clear