Tom Brady Suspension Lifted

In the postgame, Sherman was asked why he went after Brady andclaimed the QB was talking smack when the Seahawks were losing.

ā€œI kept saying Iā€™m going to get that next time. Every TV timeout, I went up and said it right to [Brady]: ā€˜Please keep trying me. Iā€™m going to take it from you.ā€™ That was when they were winning. He just gave me that look and said, ā€˜Oh, Iā€™ll see you after game.ā€™ Well, I made sure I saw him after the game.ā€

Gee, who do you think it's more likely was talking smack...Tom Brady or Richard Sherman? The reason Tom gave him "that look" when Sherman said keep trying me is that the Patriots were NEVER going to go after a Pro Bowl cornerback when they could go after the replacement for the other starting corner who went out with an injury. Sorry Richard but Toms smarter than that. He's never going to take the bait like that because unlike Sherman it's not all about him...it's about the team winning!

Yes we know...Brokedown Brady helps his team in ANY way possible. :laugh:

That whole scenerio was pretty funny, I thought. Richard Sherman is kinda mouthy but at least he has character. Tom Brady was just plain nasty when he first said that. He obviously cant stand any real competition...thats what I got from that incident and why Sherman came back at him in the first place.
The NFL did what it did, most people figured as much...back to enjoying the great teams this season...and one of those teams will be us... the Seahawks.:wink:
Blue Fridays baby!!!

Did you just claim that Tom Brady can't stand real competition? Wow, the ignorance of that statement is breathtaking!

That was the general gist of it. Why else would he have been such a f tard. Why else was this whole stupid deflated ball incident even here.
Chill out... the the suspension was lifted. lol
Football should be fun

Chill out? The Patriots are paying a million dollar fine and losing their first round and fourth round draft picks next year over the "whole stupid deflated ball incident" when the NFL didn't even come CLOSE to proving that the Patriots broke a rule!

Football should be fun...it should also be fair.

He will always have a * by his name in the books along with the team in the minds of many

Football players and those who understand the game respect the hell out of the guy. I'm sure that's more than enough for him.
what deserted island you been living on the last year,countless numbers of former NFL players have come out this past season and have said he is a cheater and liar even your own jim kellly which you refuse to acknowledge so that is the most false statement you have ever made.I think Jim Kelly and other former NFL players understand the game just a little bit better than you do.:rofl::rofl::lmao::lmao::lmao:

deal with it,this is the greatest scandal in sports history since the black sox scandal.
Troy aikman was very vocal about the whole thing and Ron jawarski expressed his di stain for it as well. They both explained how there was no way Brady had nothing to do with it. I tend to believe former qbs

He will always have a * by his name in the books along with the team in the minds of many

Football players and those who understand the game respect the hell out of the guy. I'm sure that's more than enough for him.
what deserted island you been living on the last year,countless numbers of former NFL players have come out this past season and have said he is a cheater and liar even your own jim kellly which you refuse to acknowledge so that is the most false statement you have ever made.I think Jim Kelly and other former NFL players understand the game just a little bit better than you do.:rofl::rofl::lmao::lmao::lmao:

deal with it,this is the greatest scandal in sports history since the black sox scandal.
Troy aikman was very vocal about the whole thing and Ron jawarski expressed his di stain for it as well. They both explained how there was no way Brady had nothing to do with it. I tend to believe former qbs
Did Brady have something to do with having game balls prepared so they were at the low end of the scale for inflation? Yes, he's been very forthcoming about his preference for softer balls. Does that mean that he told the equipment managers to cheat and deflate them below league standards? No it does not. Aaron Rogers has long said that he likes his game balls to be as inflated as he can get them. Does that mean that he's told HIS equipment managers to inflate them higher than league standards? No it does not. One can assume however that he has told his guys that he likes them as hard as he can get them. So why does the NFL assume cheating on the part of the Patriots and not the Packers?

The bottom line in this farce of an investigation is that 11 out of the 12 balls were only slightly below league standards for inflation levels...something that could have been the natural result of bringing them from a warm officials locker room to a cold and wet playing field. It's that 12th ball that's caused this whole blown out of proportion scandal...the ball that the Colts gave to officials at halftime as "proof" that the Patriots were cheating.

What's amazing is that the only ball that was substantially under inflated was the ball that the Colt's got from an interception of Brady. THAT ball was really flat. What's suspicious is that none of the officials noticed this one very flat ball. The Colts defensive back who made the interception said he didn't notice anything different about it either. Yet when the Colts coaching staff gave it to officials at half time it was REALLY flat!

So let's examine who would benefit from a ball being that under inflated. Would Brady? It's one ball out of twelve with the balls being rotated constantly because of the heavy rains. Wouldn't having one ball really flat and not knowing which one it is you're getting until the ball was snapped into your hands be confusing? Wouldn't you want ALL the balls or MOST of the balls under inflated to that same level so they would be consistent? I can't imagine how hard it would be for an NFL quarterback to take a snap in the shotgun...read the defensive alignments...read what his receivers are doing as they come off the line...while at the same time try to gauge which ball it is that they have in their hand...the really soft one or one of the others. That wouldn't be an advantage...it would be a handicap.

On the other hand if someone on the Colts lets some air out of the Patriot's game ball that they had in their possession and then gave it to the officials...accusing the Patriots of cheating...how would THEY benefit? Well, first off...Brady would presumably be forced to play with balls a little more inflated than he liked on a cold, wet night in Foxboro. That's a win for the Colts. Then there's the chance that the league might feel like the Patriots WERE cheating and levy fines or the loss of draft choices against them. As one of the Patriots chief rivals in the AFC that would be a win for the Colts as well. Would they do something like that if they had even the slightest inkling that it would cost the Patriots a million dollars, a first round draft choice and a fourth round draft choice? With as competitive as the NFL is and as badly as the Patriots have beaten up on Andrew Luck...it's not hard to envision the scenario unfolding.

My question if I'd been Ted Wells is what was the chain of custody of the intercepted ball once the Colts had it in their possession? Who had access to it and where did that access take place? Did it leave the field before it was turned over? Did anyone from the Colts try and measure it? If so might they have let air out in the process?

I agree but it won't change his getting into the HOF. Brady will go down as one of the greats.

I agree but it won't change his getting into the HOF. Brady will go down as one of the greats.

Not "one of." The great.

Not "one of." The great.

No one of the greats. Montana, Manning, Brady are all in the running.

Not "one of." The great.

No running. Montana is 2nd, and Manning a distant 3rd.

Not "one of." The great.

Add Elway, Unitas in with Manning, Montana and Brady.

Not "one of." The great.

In your opinion.

By the numbers.

Not "one of." The great.

In your opinion.

By the numbers.

You can have Brady, I'll take Montana. The numbers should look for Brady with the new rules in place. You can't touch receivers or QBs today.

Fartboy is a certifiable, tin foil hat wearing, foaming at the mouth, conspiracy nut!

tin-foil-hat-e1393618999242.jpg

Forum List

Back