TOLD YOU! Dr. Carson: I Don’t Remember if Westmoreland Made Me an Offer

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Although Dr. Carson doesn’t remember every detail of that day, he claims to have “encountered many people” who received the same offer and are willing to talk about it.

“I don’t remember if I was with him [Westmoreland] when the offer came. The offer was not, as I recall from him, but there were multiple other officers around. There were several things that I was invited to because of my status as the City Executive Officer and General Westmoreland was at one of them… Honestly it [was] 45 to 50 years ago so I can’t remember every single detail about it,” he said.

Dr. Carson: I Don’t Remember if Westmoreland Made Me an Offer

West Point has occupied a central place in Carson’s personal story for years. According to a tale told in his book, “Gifted Hands,” the then-17 year old was introduced in 1969 to Gen. William Westmoreland, who had just ended his command of U.S. forces in Vietnam, and the two dined together. That meeting, according to Carson’s telling, was followed by the offer of a “full scholarship” to the military academy.

Read more: Exclusive: Carson claimed West Point 'scholarship' but never applied

So, lets take this piece by piece. He was offered a scholarship that doesnt exist by a man who wasnt there and dined with that man who wasnt there.

Maybe the only thing true about this entire story is that he ate dinner somewhere on that day. Denny's?

Although Dr. Carson doesn’t remember every detail of that day, he claims to have “encountered many people” who received the same offer and are willing to talk about it.

“I don’t remember if I was with him [Westmoreland] when the offer came. The offer was not, as I recall from him, but there were multiple other officers around. There were several things that I was invited to because of my status as the City Executive Officer and General Westmoreland was at one of them… Honestly it [was] 45 to 50 years ago so I can’t remember every single detail about it,” he said.

West Point has occupied a central place in Carson’s personal story for years. According to a tale told in his book, “Gifted Hands,” the then-17 year old was introduced in 1969 to Gen. William Westmoreland, who had just ended his command of U.S. forces in Vietnam, and the two dined together. That meeting, according to Carson’s telling, was followed by the offer of a “full scholarship” to the military academy.

So, lets take this piece by piece. He was offered a scholarship that doesnt exist by a man who wasnt there and dined with that man who wasnt there.

Maybe the only thing true about this entire story is that he ate dinner somewhere on that day. Denny's?
Doctor Demento is a classic nutter, just like his followers.

I just like to reflect on the excuses from the past:

Carson never said he applied to West Point. Only that he talked to Gen. Westmoreland, and Westmoreland said that, since Carson was the top ROTC student in Detroit, he could probably get him an appointment. And Westmoreland pointed out that no one pays to go to West Point, all the students there go "free". And they sign a commitment to serve in the military for a minimum period after they graduate.

Carson was completely truthful and factual.

LMAO...Ahhh yes...

And here's what he just said on Sunday! 2 Frigging days ago

Appearing on Meet The Press this morning, Ben Carson was asked to explain numerous claims he’s made about his past and personal life which have been factually disproven by various media outlets and investigations. After host Chuck Todd pointed out that Westmoreland was not in Detroit during the timeframe Carson has long claimed, he began backtracking.

“You know it may not have been Memorial Day,” Ben Carson said of the supposed dinner. But he’s still sticking to his claim, for now, that the dinner did happen on one date or another.

Ben Carson admits he didn’t have dinner with Gen. Westmoreland on Memorial Day

More and more people keep disappearing from his story. But its true....He did have dinner!

And here's what he just said on Sunday! 2 Frigging days ago

Appearing on Meet The Press this morning, Ben Carson was asked to explain numerous claims he’s made about his past and personal life which have been factually disproven by various media outlets and investigations. After host Chuck Todd pointed out that Westmoreland was not in Detroit during the timeframe Carson has long claimed, he began backtracking.

“You know it may not have been Memorial Day,” Ben Carson said of the supposed dinner. But he’s still sticking to his claim, for now, that the dinner did happen on one date or another.

Ben Carson admits he didn’t have dinner with Gen. Westmoreland on Memorial Day

More and more people keep disappearing from his story. But its true....He did have dinner!
Weird how something so memorable would be lack the correct details.

Trying to vet childhood memories as remembered in a biography is very nearly an impossible task for the press. But having said that, the good doctor failed in every way to rise to the challenge when confronted by the press in reference to those childhood memories.

Rather then being helpful during the vetting process, the good doctor instead pulled a Hillary Clinton & quickly circled the wagons offering up only belligerence instead. Not a good sign.

That should offer us at least some insight on how the good doctor might behave while president. And to be honest, I don't like the looks of it.

Trying to vet childhood memories as remembered in a biography is very nearly an impossible task for the press. But having said that, the good doctor failed in every way to rise to the challenge when confronted by the press in reference to those childhood memories.

Rather then being helpful during the vetting process, the good doctor instead pulled a Hillary Clinton & quickly circled the wagons offering up only belligerence instead. Not a good sign.

That should offer us at least some insight on how the good doctor might behave while president. And to be honest, I don't like the looks of it.

He was never going to be president.

I just like to reflect on the excuses from the past:

Carson never said he applied to West Point. Only that he talked to Gen. Westmoreland, and Westmoreland said that, since Carson was the top ROTC student in Detroit, he could probably get him an appointment. And Westmoreland pointed out that no one pays to go to West Point, all the students there go "free". And they sign a commitment to serve in the military for a minimum period after they graduate.

Carson was completely truthful and factual.

LMAO...Ahhh yes...
lol

So half his book was fictional at best? And he's black? And racists are trashing him daily?? Wow....sounds like Obama and Carson have a lot in common.

So half his book was fictional at best?

More than that is that his transformation story that he regularly touts is in question.

And he's black? And racists are trashing him daily?? Wow....sounds like Obama and Carson have a lot in common.

What does him being black have to do with him lying, then saying it wasnt a lie, then saying Ok, maybe I was lying AFTER going after the Media and claiming THEY...EVERYONE was attacking him?

Forum List

Back