Today was a very bad day....

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
.... that our business will not survive very many at all.
On average we get between 25 orders on a REALLY slow day to over 50 on a good day.
Last thursday we got 12
Friday - 10
Today - 1.... yeah 1.
I will either have to lay off half the employees or half everyone's hours. Leaning towards halving hours.
And even that will only sustain us for a few weeks at this rate.

And then the Governor gives a stay at home order.
We're fucked. And Washington can't get their heads out of their asses long enough to work together and pass a bill. Too fucking scared the other party will get the credit.
I know a lot, and i mean a LOT of business owners and all day today is panic and mayhem. It is all I did today was deal with "I don't know what to do at this point..."

I forgot to mention order cancellations.
I had everyone busting ass to ship everything possible today before someone called to cancel the order they sent.

On average we get between 25 orders on a REALLY slow day to over 50 on a good day.
Last thursday we got 12
Friday - 10
Today - 1.... yeah 1.
I will either have to lay off half the employees or half everyone's hours. Leaning towards halving hours.

We're fucked. And Washington can't get their heads out of their asses long enough to work together and pass a bill. Too fucking scared the other party will get the credit.
I know a lot, and i mean a LOT of business owners and all day today is panic and mayhem. It is all I did today was deal with "I don't know what to do at this point..."
Sorry. Could you ask the employees which way would help them most? Half a check won't pay the rent. A lot of employers are laying people off and then rehiring them of course as soon as they can open their doors. Could you consider that?

Sorry to hear this. I hope this virus is taken out quickly and government stimulates the economy and assists those businesses impacted. The economy was going well, nobody should lose their livelihoods and businesses because of something like this beyond their control, especially considering how this all came about.

what are you shipping?

We are a commercial printer.
I thought we would get "saved" by the government work we do for numerous county offices. But they have all closed, people there are still working but they are using nothing. One saving grace is counties are ordering 100,000's of election forms/envelopes preparing for mail in only voting. But that will not sustain us. Banks are giving us decent business, needing more drive thru envelopes. But pretty much no one is ordering marketing materials which is the cream of the business.

Last thursday we got 12
Friday - 10
Today - 1.... yeah 1.

Apply for the SBA loans. Congress will approve a package today or tomorrow and that "loan" is forgiven if you don't lay off employees and essentially becomes a grant. Hang in there.

Last thursday we got 12
Friday - 10
Today - 1.... yeah 1.

Sorry. Could you ask the employees which way would help them most? Half a check won't pay the rent. A lot of employers are laying people off and then rehiring them of course as soon as they can open their doors. Could you consider that?
I have spoke to everyone about the possibilities. BTW, at least in Indiana, I assume everywhere else, you can draw unemployment while still employed if your hours are cut by at least 25%.

And the do nothing congress is putting everyone at risk because they are fighting over what pork they can attach to the bill. We don't need fucking solar energy credits, and trying to reverse union laws etc. WE NEED HELP THAT IS ONLY RELATED TO THE VIRUS.

what are you shipping?

I thought we would get "saved" by the government work we do for numerous county offices. But they have all closed, people there are still working but they are using nothing. One saving grace is counties are ordering 100,000's of election forms/envelopes preparing for mail in only voting. But that will not sustain us. Banks are giving us decent business, needing more drive thru envelopes. But pretty much no one is ordering marketing materials which is the cream of the business.

That is a real impact. Total:

#1) Weekly payroll and benefits costs
#2) P&I expenses on any debt
#3) Utilities
#4) Leases and rents
#5) Lost revenue --- compare it to the same time last year.

Document it and then submit the request for the loan/grant once Congress approves it.

Last thursday we got 12
Friday - 10
Today - 1.... yeah 1.

Apply for the SBA loans. Congress will approve a package today or tomorrow and that "loan" is forgiven if you don't lay off employees and essentially becomes a grant. Hang in there.
I have filled out some forms for that already. Got the notice for that last week from the local chamber office. But the dead beat Washington asswipes haven't past the fucking bill. So at this point, the SBA is only preparing for either interest free loans or low interest loans.
And loans will not solve the problem. You have to pay back loans. It is a liquid situation and of course confusing.

Last edited:
I've been in the workforce for near 1/2 century, mainly construction along w/gawds special children on jobs where most wouldn't let their dog into

I also spent 3 decades in ems ,where my mates and I dealt with HIV, Sars, Meres, Ebola, Hep B , Swine along with the sick , injured, crackheads and sh*theads spewing every bodily fluid out in the blood & beer of barfights, car accidents, you name it

POINT?

no matter how bad it gets, we're Americans, not rabbits

normal people can have a sense of morality and ethics w/out gub'mit intervention....

they aren't going to help us

you can help yourself by understanding very simple things

Chain-of-infection-24.png

I saw all elements at the bank drive up window /cash drawer the other day

these folks THINK they're in isolation

~S~

Last thursday we got 12
Friday - 10
Today - 1.... yeah 1.

Maybe you should live by your own standards?
The secret to solving the black "problem" can only be found within your own actions and pull yourselves up by your own damn bootstraps and stop blaming everyone else for your problems.

Last thursday we got 12
Friday - 10
Today - 1.... yeah 1.

I have spoke to everyone about the possibilities. BTW, at least in Indiana, I assume everywhere else, you can draw unemployment while still employed if your hours are cut by at least 25%.

And the do nothing congress is putting everyone at risk because they are fighting over what pork they can attach to the bill. We don't need fucking solar energy credits, and trying to reverse union laws etc. WE NEED HELP THAT IS ONLY RELATED TO THE VIRUS.

yes that unemployment is available even here in WA state and has been for years, though I don't remember the actual name for it

and I agree that any stimulus package should only contain what's relevant to the effects of the virus.

Last thursday we got 12
Friday - 10
Today - 1.... yeah 1.

If there's somewhat of a bright side, the word is banks are cooperating to make it easier to acquire loans, especially to small businesses. The last thing we ever want is more debt, but it's a desperate measure worth taking considering the alternatives.

When Congress quits playing games and passes a stimulus, it will at least
keep folks from starving or drunk enough to not care.

what are you shipping?

Well, I'm sorry. I've had to lay people off in the past and it sucks.

That said, maybe you can approach local and governmental agencies to put together informational mailers, or something similar.

can you retool to print on masks, gowns, anything medical?

who needs printing. grab their sic codes and do a database search to locate prospects. pound the ever-living hell out of it.

just spitballing a bit trying to figure out what, in this situation, needs printing. I've never been even tangentially involved in that business so my insight is lousy, so I'm afraid I can't be of much help, aside from encouraging you to keep plugging.

what are you shipping?

I would lay them off and they will get unemployment, unstead of halving their hours.

what are you shipping?

I would lay them off and they will get unemployment, unstead of halving their hours.

Again, you can draw unemployment while employed if your hours are dropped.

Last thursday we got 12
Friday - 10
Today - 1.... yeah 1.

I have filled out some forms for that already. Got the notice for that last week from the local chamber office. But the dead beat Washington asswipes haven't past the fucking bill. So at this point, the SBA is only preparing for either interest free loans or low interest loans.
And loans will not solve the problem. You have to pay back loans. It is a liquid situation and of course confusing.
Right, try and hang on for another 48 hours. Those loans will be low interest and long term but not the best solution.

Forum List

Back