Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
2014-06-010primarymap_zpsd00ed4ab.jpg

Poll closing times:

7:00 PM EST: Virginia and South Carolina
8:00 PM EST: Maine
8:30 PM EST: Arkansas (7:30 PM local time)
10:00 PM EST: Nevada (7:00 PM local time)
11:00 PM EST: North Dakota (9:00 PM local time in BOTH timezones, so results will be sent went the more westerly time zone has closed it's polls)

Here the time-zone map of our Union, for reference:

USA time zones map with current local time 12 hour format

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAINE

AP election results thread for MAINE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NORTH DAKOTA

AP election results thread for NORTH DAKOTA

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEVADA

AP election results thread for NEVADA

SOUTH CAROLINA

AP election results thread for SOUTH CAROLINA

For races where the winner doesn't get 50%, there is a runoff on June 24th (the same day as the McDaniel/Cochran runoff in Mississippi).

VIRGINIA

AP election results thread for VIRGINIA

ARKANSAS RUNOFF ELECTION

AP election results thread for ARKANSAS RUNOFF

There are senatorial primaries tonight in:

Maine, South Carolina and Virginia

In Maine, Susan Collins (R-inc) is running unopposed, as is her Democratic challenger, Shenna Bellows. This seat is considered a SAFE-R hold in the November GE.

Republican Lindsay Graham is in a primary race with seven other Republicans - but looks very secure to win. There are two Democrats in the Democratic Senatorial primary. This seat is considered a SAFE R - hold in the November GE. Also, Timothy Scott's seat (he was appointed in 2013) is up for a special election in November and a regular election in 2016, but I see no primary data for that seat.

In Virginia, Mark Warner (D-inc) is running unopposed. The Republicans, as is allowed by Virginia law, will select their nominee per Convention. This seat is considered a SAFE-D hold in the November GE.

There are gubernatorial primaries tonight in:

Maine, Nevada and South Carolina

In Maine, both Gov. Paul LePage (R-inc) and his challenger Rep. Michael Michaud (D) are running unopposed. This race could well become a marquee race in the Fall. There is also an independent ballot, and Elliot Cutler could actually prove to be a spoiler candidate in the Fall. Expect to hear his name more often in the next months.

In Nevada, Gov. Brian Sandoval (R-inc) is up against four Republicans, but expected to win his primary. The Democratic field is wide-open, with 8 candidates (incuding one self-declared "dice-hustler", Abdul Shabazz), so that could be interesting to watch. There is also a Green party primary and an Independent American primary. BTW, one of Sandoval's challengers from the very far right is named Eddie "In Liberty" Hamilton. This race could be an interesting one in the fall, but Sandoval definitely has the incumbent's advantage.

In South Carolina, Nikki Haley (R-inc) and her challenger, Vincent Sheheen, are both running unopposed.

So, tonight won't be quite as exciting as last Tuesday was, but important nonetheless.

More information later, I need to get to work.

• Banned
A friendly shout out to some folks who may really enjoy the information in the OP: [MENTION=42916]Derideo_Te[/MENTION] [MENTION=9429]AVG-JOE[/MENTION] [MENTION=45886]Mad_Cabbie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20412]JakeStarkey[/MENTION] [MENTION=38281]Wolfsister77[/MENTION] [MENTION=21679]william the wie[/MENTION] [MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION] [MENTION=37250]aaronleland[/MENTION] [MENTION=36767]Bloodrock44[/MENTION] [MENTION=30999]daws101[/MENTION] [MENTION=46449]Delta4Embassy[/MENTION] [MENTION=33449]BreezeWood[/MENTION] [MENTION=20450]MarcATL[/MENTION] [MENTION=20594]Mr Clean[/MENTION] [MENTION=20704]Nosmo King[/MENTION] [MENTION=45320]Nyvin[/MENTION] [MENTION=20321]rightwinger[/MENTION] [MENTION=25283]Sallow[/MENTION] [MENTION=21524]oldfart[/MENTION] [MENTION=46193]Thx[/MENTION] [MENTION=20614]candycorn[/MENTION] [MENTION=24452]Seawytch[/MENTION] [MENTION=29614]C_Clayton_Jones[/MENTION] [MENTION=18990]Barb[/MENTION] [MENTION=31057]JoeB131[/MENTION] [MENTION=11278]editec[/MENTION] [MENTION=22983]Flopper[/MENTION] [MENTION=46136]dreolin[/MENTION] [MENTION=47936]AntiParty[/MENTION] [MENTION=34688]Grandma[/MENTION] [MENTION=48060]guno[/MENTION] [MENTION=20112]bodecea[/MENTION] [MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION] [MENTION=48010]Machaut[/MENTION] [MENTION=48981]DiabloBlanco[/MENTION]

Anyone who doesn't want to be on this occasional mention list: just let me know, I will drop the name immediately. If you want on the list, let me know.

Thanks,

-Stat

PS. Please do not quote this posting, otherwise you will send out the @ list again. Thanks.

• Banned
In 2008, Graham won his senate seat with 54%. In 2008, in the middle of a blue wave, he improved his statistic and won with 58% and a +16% margin in a State that McCain carried by +8.98%. He was also elected four times before his Senate tenure to the HOR, from from 1994-2002 and won all four times. Now, the third time, he was completely unchallenged and won with 100%, which means he didn't even have to wage a campaign in 2000. That makes for 6 campaigns he has waged before, this here is the seventh. Experience makes the master.

Love him or hate him (which is irrelevant to me when it comes to numbers), he has certainly built the "incumbency machine" as I have started to call it. I cannot imagine any Democratic candidate who would have even the remotest chance of flipping this seat in the Fall, barring a massive catastrophe for Sen. Graham, like a scandal or such.

Last edited:
  • Banned
The tea party/ron paul folks split up the vote between 3 different candidates..they had a good chance.Oh well...Graham is one of the Senators I hate the most...

Graham is not as conservative as I would like, but at least he's not a dumbass democrat!

He accurately criticizes Obama as anyone with any patriotism or common sense should.

The tea party/ron paul folks split up the vote between 3 different candidates..they had a good chance.Oh well...Graham is one of the Senators I hate the most...

Graham is not as conservative as I would like, but at least he's not a dumbass democrat!

He accurately criticizes Obama as anyone with any patriotism or common sense should.

Obama caved to him and McCain in Libya and Syria, and that didn't work too well.

Can't understand how some of the most useless people keep getting re-elected....:eusa_whistle:
I'm pretty sure that was referring to Southern Belle Lindsey Graham.

I can't let go of the feeling that some think that Lindsey Graham is maybe not so hetero....

....just a feeling I am getting. :eusa_whistle:

Can't understand how some of the most useless people keep getting re-elected....:eusa_whistle:
I'm pretty sure that was referring to Southern Belle Lindsey Graham.

I can't let go of the feeling that some think that Lindsey Graham is maybe not so hetero....

....just a feeling I am getting. :eusa_whistle:
your gaydar needs a tune up:D

VA-07, now with 86% of precincts in, it's:

Tea Party dude: 55.8%
Cantor: 44.2%

And we now have the checkmark. Brat it is. Cantor's out.

In other news, Eric Cantor just signed a contract with Fox News....

(that was just a joke, well, I think it's a joke)...

Forum List

Back