Today In History...

Don't forget...4/17/16:

2aguy is going to watch Long Island Medium in the evening...doesn't want to...has to....

Referring back to the date of OP, November 7th.

I was surprised that nobody mentioned November 7th, 1917, the Anniversary of the Great October Revolution which launched the reign of terror by Lenin, Stalin and the Evil Empire of the Soviet Union.

Sadly the guy whose car is on the bridge was trying to rescue his dog out of there. The dog was so freaked out he bit his hand and had to be left behind. He was the only casualty.

doggone?
huh.gif

Could someone explain what Hillary said to some black men the other day? "I've got hot sauce in my bag." Does that have anything to do with thug youknowwhat or a ladie's "taco"?

During slavery, the policies used by the slave holders and backed by the laws of the US, pretty much made it a futile endeavor to rebel. The narrative taught in school is that rebellions that did occur usually ended in the death of the organizers or retribution was taken against their families. However, there were a few successful rebellions that are rarely talked about. Today in 1841 the Creole slave revolt was successfully accomplished.

Creole case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A lot of slaves were separated from their families. I'm surprised more slaves without families didn't snap and murder their masters then rape and murder the women. Then commit suicide.

That way slave owners would be forced to sleep with one eye open

April 30 - 1957, Elvis Presley recorded the Leiber and Stoller song 'Jailhouse Rock' as featured in his third motion picture of the same name. In the movie, Mike Stoller had a small role as a piano player. 'Jailhouse Rock' later became the first song to debut at No.1 in Great Britain.

Forum List

Back