Today: I cant buy weed; I can buy an AK47

Bullshit. Prove it. And, don't just quote statistics or studies. Show me HOW those figures were arrived at.

440,000 die in the US to cigarettes. Approx 15,000 die each year to homicides. Those are the numbers according to the CDC.

You know that these statistics are arrived at by attributing any cause of death to someone who smokes as smoking related. If they died in a car accident or fell out of a window, it's still a death caused by cigarettes.

Not quite but pretty much.
I know of many who have cancer and have never smoked nor lived with a smoker.

And their second hand smoking deaths are bogus as hell, they have no way of proving them to be second hand smoking related.

Last edited:
Just a thought that dawned on me. Today, in the county I live in here in South Carolina, I can not buy weed (ever), cannot buy liquor (Sunday blue laws), but, I can freely go buy a new AK47 with 5 100 round magazines and 1,000 rounds (or how ever much I can afford!!!), and be in and out with all of it within an hour or so.

Just a statement on the policies of our country. I harmless plant that grows from the ground...no not tobacco, weed...I cannot buy. Since it is a Sunday in this county, I cant buy booze. But I can buy the same weapon our troops are fighting against in Afghanistan, the lethal, ferocious AK47 with as much ammo as my little heart desires.

I wish there was some sort of an award you could get for this post. It is the absolute stupidest post I have ever read on the USMB board. This sums up the intelligence of all of those who think pot is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

More people die from smoking than homicides...30 times over.

Bullshit. Prove it. And, don't just quote statistics or studies. Show me HOW those figures were arrived at.

440,000 die in the US to cigarettes. Approx 15,000 die each year to homicides. Those are the numbers according to the CDC.

And, just how did they arrive at those figures? Why would you accept them without question?

Here's a tip for you: My father in law died due to complications from bladder cancer surgery. Yet, because he had smoked all his life, his death is officially listed (on the death certificate) as "smoking related." My own dad died from lung cancer which had metastasized from a brain cancer, yet his death certificate also calls it "smoking related" because he too smoked all his life, even though there is no evidence to suggest smoking causes brain cancer.

The point is that those figures you cited (after I specifically asked you not to) are based almost exclusively on death certificate findings.

If smoking were as deadly as they say, I'd have been dead decades ago. In fact, my brothers and I would've never made it to adulthood because we grew up immersed in "second hand smoke." So did most of my generation (the Boomers), yet we seem to be the longest living generation in history.

Today, in the county I live in here in South Carolina, I can not buy weed (ever), cannot buy liquor (Sunday blue laws), but, I can freely go buy a new AK47 with 5 100 round magazines and 1,000 rounds (or how ever much I can afford!!!), and be in and out with all of it within an hour or so.

You can also suck dick and get assfucked legally by your "partner," thanks to our Liberal friends.

Go take it up the ass and STFU

And, just how did they arrive at those figures? Why would you accept them without question?

Here's a tip for you: My father in law died due to complications from bladder cancer surgery. Yet, because he had smoked all his life, his death is officially listed (on the death certificate) as "smoking related." My own dad died from lung cancer which had metastasized from a brain cancer, yet his death certificate also calls it "smoking related" because he too smoked all his life, even though there is no evidence to suggest smoking causes brain cancer.

The point is that those figures you cited (after I specifically asked you not to) are based almost exclusively on death certificate findings.

If smoking were as deadly as they say, I'd have been dead decades ago. In fact, my brothers and I would've never made it to adulthood because we grew up immersed in "second hand smoke." So did most of my generation (the Boomers), yet we seem to be the longest living generation in history.

No, I wouldn't accept them totally without question, however, there is a huge gap between the two and even if you threw out 300k of those smoking related deaths, you would still have a huge disparity between the two.

I certainly can't disagree with you on some of your points. My grandmother smoked for 65 years and died in her sleep when she was 78.

Last edited:
Just a thought that dawned on me. Today, in the county I live in here in South Carolina, I can not buy weed (ever), cannot buy liquor (Sunday blue laws), but, I can freely go buy a new AK47 with 5 100 round magazines and 1,000 rounds (or how ever much I can afford!!!), and be in and out with all of it within an hour or so.

Just a statement on the policies of our country. I harmless plant that grows from the ground...no not tobacco, weed...I cannot buy. Since it is a Sunday in this county, I cant buy booze. But I can buy the same weapon our troops are fighting against in Afghanistan, the lethal, ferocious AK47 with as much ammo as my little heart desires.

And you can die for your country and not be allowed to buy a drink too. Some fucked up thinking in this country, I agree

Today, in the county I live in here in South Carolina, I can not buy weed (ever), cannot buy liquor (Sunday blue laws), but, I can freely go buy a new AK47 with 5 100 round magazines and 1,000 rounds (or how ever much I can afford!!!), and be in and out with all of it within an hour or so.

You can also suck dick and get assfucked legally by your "partner," thanks to our Liberal friends.

Go take it up the ass and STFU

Just waiting for Big black dog to give this post a stupidity award.

"And"?

Well, just kinda a good way of putting our laws into perspective.

Weed should be legal. It doesnt cause violence. Hell, it really only causes violence through its prohibition, because of gangs and shit fighting over the sale of it.

But an AK47?? Sure! Buy as many as you want!

I'm trying to recall the last time my guns went out on the town and caused trouble.
I'm looking at them now... Seem pretty harmless sitting there.

And yes weed should be legal in all fitty states if ya ask me.

you dont know who all smokes weed.

weed helps people far more than it harms people

Keep telling yourself that, stupid.....

Let me guess...

Heroin helps people far more than it harms people

Cocaine helps people far more than it harms people

Meth helps people far more than it harms people

...... in your pathetic, fucked up mind

weed has been used by many cultures going back hundereds of years

So has torture...

So you bought a lump of metal.

Was the gun mind altering? Did it change your perspective outlook on life? Did it even cause you to buy a fucking bag of Cheetos?

No, I wouldn't accept them totally without question, however, there is a huge gap between the two and even if you threw out 300k of those smoking related deaths, you would still have a huge disparity between the two.

I certainly can't disagree with you on some of your points. My grandmother smoked for 65 years and died in her sleep when she was 78.

So, you'll admit that there is some question about those who die from "smoking related" issues? Great, we're on the same page.

But, there isn't much question about those who die from gunfire, is there? Dead body + shredded organs + bullet holes = gun related death. That's pretty elemental.

Yet, in Raleigh (and other places) smoking is deemed the greater threat.

We can legislate protection from smoking, but not guns? Why?

So, you'll admit that there is some question about those who die from "smoking related" issues? Great, we're on the same page.

But, there isn't much question about those who die from gunfire, is there? Dead body + shredded organs + bullet holes = gun related death. That's pretty elemental.

Yet, in Raleigh (and other places) smoking is deemed the greater threat.

We can legislate protection from smoking, but not guns? Why?

We have gun control legislation that stacks to the moon. What on earth are you talking about?

Was the gun mind altering? Did it change your perspective outlook on life? Did it even cause you to buy a fucking bag of Cheetos?

Uh...it can. A gun can make a Superman out of a dweeb.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e9CkhBb18E]Taxi Driver - You Talkin' me? - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back