Today: I cant buy weed; I can buy an AK47

We have gun control legislation that stacks to the moon. What on earth are you talking about?

I'm not advocating anything, just asking a question. If we can legislate protection from cigarette smoke, why can't we legislate protection from guns?

What's the difference?

Just a thought that dawned on me. Today, in the county I live in here in South Carolina, I can not buy weed (ever), cannot buy liquor (Sunday blue laws), but, I can freely go buy a new AK47 with 5 100 round magazines and 1,000 rounds (or how ever much I can afford!!!), and be in and out with all of it within an hour or so.

Just a statement on the policies of our country. I harmless plant that grows from the ground...no not tobacco, weed...I cannot buy. Since it is a Sunday in this county, I cant buy booze. But I can buy the same weapon our troops are fighting against in Afghanistan, the lethal, ferocious AK47 with as much ammo as my little heart desires.

The fact that you believe that you can buy the same weapon our troops are fighting against in Afghanistan on Sunday tells me that you don't know what you are talking about.
Steps for buying NFA (Class III) Weaponry

Including but not limited to: machine guns, silencers, Destructive Devices, All Other Weapons (AOW: cane guns, pen guns, etc.), short-barreled rifles (SBR), short-barrel shotguns (SBS).

1. You must be at least 21 old and be legal buy a handgun (meaning no felonies, violent misdemeanors, dishonorable discharges, etc.).

2. Call your local CLEO (sheriff, police chief, etc.) and ask what his procedure is for signing a Form 4 (federal applications for NFA transfer and ownership-the dealers supplies). SEE STEP 5*

Make sure that he will sign for you BEFORE you buy the firearm. If he won't sign, you can't get it. Make sure you can own it BEFORE you buy it, as payment must be made in full before the weapon is ordered. (You have to have the serial number before any paperwork can be processed to begin the transfer.)

3. Get two 2" X 2" passport photographs. Attach one to the reverse side of each of the two copies of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (BATF) Form 4, dealer supplied. These photos typically cost $5 to $10.

4. Complete a small section on the reverse side of the BATF Form 4 that declares why you wish to possess the item. Most folks say "Collector of firearms".

5. Take the two copies of the Form 4, with pictures attached and your section completed, to your local law enforcement agency. Also take the two FBI FD-258 fingerprint cards an ask an agency to officially take your fingerprints. This will usually cost $10 to $15.

You have to get a local to sign off and complete the section of the reverse side of the Form 4. This merely attests that you are not wanted locally and that the official knows of no law which will be broken if you are approved by the government. The official signing should be made aware that they are not held liable if you do something stupid or break the law.

*Locals that can be asked to sign off are:
police chiefs or local law enforcement officers of the same rank, sheriffs, city or town police chiefs, state police commanders, district attorneys, state attorney generals, and judges of state courts that preside over felony trials.

If you own a corporation, LLC, or Trust: you can transfer the NFA firearm to the entity without the need for fingerprints or your CLEO's signature. Complete the Form 4 with the Corp info in the Transferee box, DO NOT put your name there. On the back in section 15, put your name & corp title there. Attach a copy of your articles on incorporation. Fill out the 5330.20 with the Corp on the first line, your name on the second line, sign & date.

6. Bring the two copies of the Form 4 and both completed fingerprint cards with a money order or certified check made out to the BATF ($5.00 for an "AOW" or $200.00 for silencer, machine-gun, destructive device, SBR, SBS). This is a one time fee for life!!

7. You also have to send in a form (dealer supplied) to the Department of the Treasury. This form is called the Certification of Compliance, 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B), ATF Form 5330.20, which simply states that you are a United States citizen.

8. The BATF will first remove the money order and examine the paperwork for completeness. It will be assigned to an agent, who will have a nationwide FBI background check performed on you. Once you pass this (all legal folks over 21 pass it), the BATF will mailback one certified copy of of the Form 4. On this copy will be a stamp that looks like a postage stamp. This is a Federal tax stamp indicating the transfer tax is paid and the item is officially yours.

9. When the dealers receives this Form 4 back with the stamp on it you have to complete a BATF Form 4473 (which the dealers supplies) and give you the product along with the Form 4.

You should immediately make several copies of the Form 4 and carry one with you at all times when you have the product with you. Be sure to put the original in a safe place.

We have gun control legislation that stacks to the moon. What on earth are you talking about?

I'm not advocating anything, just asking a question. If we can legislate protection from cigarette smoke, why can't we legislate protection from guns?

What's the difference?

When you legislate protection from cigarette smoke, law abiding citizens comply, same with guns. We have gun control and law abiding citizens comply. No law is going to stop a criminal from acting.

Just a thought that dawned on me. Today, in the county I live in here in South Carolina, I can not buy weed (ever), cannot buy liquor (Sunday blue laws), but, I can freely go buy a new AK47 with 5 100 round magazines and 1,000 rounds (or how ever much I can afford!!!), and be in and out with all of it within an hour or so.

Just a statement on the policies of our country. I harmless plant that grows from the ground...no not tobacco, weed...I cannot buy. Since it is a Sunday in this county, I cant buy booze. But I can buy the same weapon our troops are fighting against in Afghanistan, the lethal, ferocious AK47 with as much ammo as my little heart desires.

Thanks for proving that laws prohibiting guns won't work. Just like the laws that prohibit pot use don't work.

Dumbass.

I wish there was some sort of an award you could get for this post. It is the absolute stupidest post I have ever read on the USMB board. This sums up the intelligence of all of those who think pot is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

The really funny thing is that it does exactly the opposite of what he intended. I proves that prohibiting something is pretty much useless. Of course, he's probably too stoned to realize it.

Today, in the county I live in here in South Carolina, I can not buy weed (ever), cannot buy liquor (Sunday blue laws), but, I can freely go buy a new AK47 with 5 100 round magazines and 1,000 rounds (or how ever much I can afford!!!), and be in and out with all of it within an hour or so.

You can also suck dick and get assfucked legally by your "partner," thanks to our Liberal friends.

Go take it up the ass and STFU

Lol, subtilety.

What's the difference?

When you legislate protection from cigarette smoke, law abiding citizens comply, same with guns. We have gun control and law abiding citizens comply. No law is going to stop a criminal from acting.

So, abiding by the law is the standard of measurement? By that standard, we ought to just eliminate any laws against murder because people keep on doing it anyhow.

Was the gun mind altering? Did it change your perspective outlook on life? Did it even cause you to buy a fucking bag of Cheetos?

Uh...it can. A gun can make a Superman out of a dweeb.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e9CkhBb18E]Taxi Driver - You Talkin' me? - YouTube[/ame]
Hollywood influence worse than the gun, and you help confirm it... Thanks

Stupid!

then you will have to admitt your gun culture and violent talk during the 2008 primary and election lead to Gabby getting shot

I bet you would have to fill one of these out.

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf

Hollywood influence worse than the gun, and you help confirm it... Thanks

Aw..come on. You KNOW you feel more empowered, powerful and invincible with a gun in your pocket. Admit it. Most people do.

Meh, I've been carrying for so long now, I don't even realize it's there.

Aw...be honest. I'll bet you know it's there when you walk or drive through the "bad" part of town at 2 AM. I do.

Aw..come on. You KNOW you feel more empowered, powerful and invincible with a gun in your pocket. Admit it. Most people do.

Meh, I've been carrying for so long now, I don't even realize it's there.

Aw...be honest. I'll bet you know it's there when you walk or drive through the "bad" part of town at 2 AM. I do.

Good for you tough guy. I stay out of those areas.

Forum List

Back