Tobacco vs marijuana: Full court press of insanity and hypocrisy.

Stormy Daniels

Gold Member
Mar 19, 2018
Mitch "the bitch" McConnell is adopting one of the liberals' pet projects, calling for a nationwide minimum smoking age hike to 21 years old.

Democrats have been pushing for this for years, as part of their broader goal to eliminate the tobacco industry. Meanwhile, legal marijuana is becoming more and more prevalent. I have yet to see a minimum age requirement for new recreational marijuana laws. Step by step, liberals trying to turn us into a baked out nation. First they stop enforcing the marijuana laws, then they "decriminalize" possession for personal use, and eventually they outright legalize it. And that is the ultimate goal--to legalize marijuana across the country.

How can anyone justify this hypocrisy?

Mitch "the bitch" McConnell is adopting one of the liberals' pet projects, calling for a nationwide minimum smoking age hike to 21 years old.

Democrats have been pushing for this for years, as part of their broader goal to eliminate the tobacco industry. Meanwhile, legal marijuana is becoming more and more prevalent. I have yet to see a minimum age requirement for new recreational marijuana laws. Step by step, liberals trying to turn us into a baked out nation. First they stop enforcing the marijuana laws, then they "decriminalize" possession for personal use, and eventually they outright legalize it. And that is the ultimate goal--to legalize marijuana across the country.

in Nevada its 18 for medical and 21 for recreational....

Having a minimum age for medical use proves that it's not for medical use. Are there minimum age requirements for a codeine prescription?

Having a minimum age for medical use proves that it's not for medical use. Are there minimum age requirements for a codeine prescription?
hey you said ....i have yet to see a minimum age requirement for new recreational marijuana laws.....i just showed you one.....what else can i do for you?...

I believe in every state its 21 for rec use.

hey you said ....i have yet to see a minimum age requirement for new recreational marijuana laws.....i just showed you one.....what else can i do for you?...

LOL, yes, you're right. I didn't phrase my response well.

I believe in every state its 21 for rec use.

Legalization vs decriminalization. Most states have simply decriminalized recreational use. So there's really no minimum wage because it hasn't actually been legalized for any age.

I have no problem with people smoking pot, and think in general drug use should be de-criminalized. I don't smoke, nor take drugs so have no bias, however, we do see tobacco demonized and Pot memorialized in society today by the Media, Entertainment and Government. Why? Do they want a compliant, stoned populace that is more easily controlled?

The health issues with tobacco are pretty well documented, whereas those involved with marijuana are much less so. In addition, the average cigarette smoker smokes WAY more often than the average marijuana user. Because of that, cigarettes likely pose a far greater health risk. Is there some hypocrisy involved? For some people, sure. However, cigarettes are still legal.

What does pot and tobacco have to do with each other??

They are both typically inhaled and put a lot of nasty stuff in your lungs, and chemicals in your bloodstream.

I have no problem with people smoking pot, and think in general drug use should be de-criminalized. I don't smoke, nor take drugs so have no bias, however, we do see tobacco demonized and Pot memorialized in society today by the Media, Entertainment and Government. Why? Do they want a compliant, stoned populace that is more easily controlled?
Yes. That is exactly what they want.

Yes. That is exactly what they want.

Exactly. And I have no problem with adults doing either.

The only hypocrisy is that it is legal to get drunk in your living room but according to the Fed Govt it is illegal to get stoned in your living room.

You control freaks never whine about us being a blasted drunk nation.

Democrats have been pushing for this for years, as part of their broader goal to eliminate the tobacco industry.

Funny, I've never heard of that.

Any evidence?

They are both typically inhaled and put a lot of nasty stuff in your lungs, and chemicals in your bloodstream.

No. Cigarettes do that . Not pot. Tobacco does nothing but make you addicted to it. Pot gets you high. And even if you smoke it, you smoke far less than tobacco.

No. Cigarettes do that . Not pot. Tobacco does nothing but make you addicted to it. Pot gets you high. And even if you smoke it, you smoke far less than tobacco.

Hey, knock yourself out, but don't tell me inhaling any type of smoke doesn't have some harmful side effects. There are many people that smoke Pot throughout the day or at least every night to unwind. Again, I have no problem with them doing it, but it isn't good for you physically, and mentally. It is a drug you inhale.

The health issues with tobacco are pretty well documented, whereas those involved with marijuana are much less so.

:lmao:

So are you saying that we should assume smoking marijuana is magically less unhealthy simply because we haven't studied it as much? Or are you actually trying to claim that smoking marijuana is magically less unhealthy than inhaling smoke from any of a million other sources?

Doesn’t look like hypocrisy if both ages are 21

Democrats have been pushing for this for years, as part of their broader goal to eliminate the tobacco industry.

Funny, I've never heard of that.

Any evidence?

You'll need to be more specific so I can tell if you're trolling, or sincerely living under a rock.

Forum List

Back