To those who believe the states should decide on abortion

Parental notification, limit the availability of surgical but make the morning after pill available even at convenience store. That gives women 3 days to decide. Outside of that... It needs to be limited by life of the mother.

• Banned
Thanks for your honest and thoughtful reply AH.

I posted this because I see a lot of people, when asked where they stand on abortion, simply say that the states should decide and believe they've answered the question. Technically, they haven't. They've simply weighed in on their opinion that it's not a constitutionally protected right, but they haven't actually answered the question about whether they'd prefer it be legal or not.

• Banned
Coincidentally, people do the same thing on the gay marriage issue.

But I'm going to leave starting that thread up to Sky Dancer or Red Pwned. :D

We didn't even trust Florida to decide on their election in 2000, so why would we trust politicians with this decision?

And look how Mississippi fought civil rights?

No, states can not decide this.

How about we let the women decide?

State court or federal court?
State...but that's not the same thing and you know it.

I do? :eusa_eh:

If a state court decided the case, how is that not the same as saying the state decided?

And btw: You're derailing this thread you know!
They ruled that it was the husband's decision. He is the one that made the decision.

btw: At least I rescued it from the basement for you. You're welcome.

If a state court decided the case, how is that not the same as saying the state decided?

They ruled that it was the husband's decision. He is the one that made the decision.

Thanks. ;)

Honestly, I think a lot of the states should decide crowd are a bit scared to answer the deeper question. I won't name names, but I run out of fingers counting the number of posters that have argued it should be up to the states without ever stating how they'd vote if given the chance.

You bring up a good point...I think it should be the husband's decision whether or not a woman gets an abortion.

And if there is no husband, it should be her father, and if no father, it would be the paternal grandfather followed by first-born uncle, etc, etc.

I'd vote to prohibit the practice other than in cases in which the mother's life is seriously threatened. If you can't be bothered to use a rubber and take a pill, you have no right to prevent another being from coming into existence.

Forum List

Back