To The Catholic Conservatives About the Pope...

CMike

Zionist, proud to be
Oct 25, 2009
What do you think about his leftist public opinions?

The Pope gives me pause....
I am unclear what you mean?

I'm a practicing Catholic and some of the things the Pope says and does gives me pause. I think his heart is in the right place but I also think he's making some comments that go against the Church and God. As for that globull warming nonsense? I still haven't figured out why he decided to weigh in on that

We've had bad Popes before, and somehow the Church survived.
He reminds me of the fictitious pope Peter the 2nd in the Left Behind books. In the sense that he is very worried about being politically correct.

But, I've never understood why Catholics seem to believe they need a human mediator between them and God, when if they read the Bible, they would see that Jesus became that mediator, and they can pray to Him directly, and no contrition is required.

He is very accepting of people. Instead of preaching hatred, he preaches understanding. It's a welcome change from the type of extremely negative rhetoric that has dominated the language of Christianity the las couple of decades.

He reminds me of the fictitious pope Peter the 2nd in the Left Behind books. In the sense that he is very worried about being politically correct.

But, I've never understood why Catholics seem to believe they need a human mediator between them and God, when if they read the Bible, they would see that Jesus became that mediator, and they can pray to Him directly, and no contrition is required.
Of all the things asked of you to believe as a Christian, THAT'S what gives you pause?

Of all the things asked of you to believe as a Christian, THAT'S what gives you pause?

I said the Pope gives me pause. Keep up.

Uh, wasn't talking to you.

Uh, wasn't talking to you.

My apologies

I'm a practicing Catholic and some of the things the Pope says and does gives me pause. I think his heart is in the right place but I also think he's making some comments that go against the Church and God. As for that globull warming nonsense? I still haven't figured out why he decided to weigh in on that
He's the voice of God on Earth. Is he not?

He's the voice of God on Earth. Is he not?

I myself believe don't believe in the infallibility of the Pope. The Pope isn't perfect and all he says doesn't come from God, and not all he says is infallible

He is very accepting of people. Instead of preaching hatred, he preaches understanding. It's a welcome change from the type of extremely negative rhetoric that has dominated the language of Christianity the las couple of decades.
Don't confuse Catholicism with Christianity. Christianity is predominately protestant.

Don't confuse Catholicism with Christianity. Christianity is predominately protestant.
Most of the extremely negative rhetoric has come from protestants. And there are more Catholics in the world than Protestants btw.

Forum List

Back